Nankang AS1

The Nankang AS1 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 13 tyre reviews averaging 73% over 108,310 miles driven.

2019 Auto Zeitung Summer Tyre Test - 10th of 10 tyres

• Positive - None mentioned.
  • Negative - Unstable at the limit during wet handling and long stopping distances during wet braking, highest rolling resistance.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nankang AS1
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nankang AS1. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nankang AS1 Review

Given 93% while driving a Rover Mini (215/45 R13) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
I drive a classic mini and normally run Yoko A539's but was urgently in need of two tyres to get through a MOT. With budget in mind, I tentatively purchased two AS1's @ £31 a tyre delivered (a little over the cost of 1 Yoko), result! Now I normally drive quite spiritedly ;-) but was initially cautious with these tyres. My first outing was on a 200+ mile club run along many B roads. Starting out, I soon realised these tyres were a lot more capable than I thought. In fact, I would say they are equally as good as the Yoko's. Road feedback is good, there's a little sliding around corners (when I'm really harsh) but it adds to the fun and they've never let go. Wet driving requires a little more attention but none less than the Yoko's ever needed. I'm no longer a brand snob and I am no a brand advocate for the AS1's in a 13". Will buy again! :-)
57 - tyre reviewed on July 15, 2015

Latest Nankang AS1 Reviews

Have you driven on the Nankang AS1 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the AS1.

Given 84% while driving a Audi A8 (265/40 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Fitted to front axle of S8 and so far used only in dry warm or damp warm conditions but reasonably impressed. S8's handling dynamics are very stable and safe to start with and have not had to test braking distances yet but overall good experience so far with comfort, noise levels and handling.
3 - tyre reviewed on July 5, 2019
Given 93% while driving a Citron 1.0 petrol (165/60 R14 V) on track for 2,000 spirited miles
We use the AS1 as a designated tyre for the Citroen c1 race series, yes you heard correctly , a c1!!
They are put through 24 hr races and I can only say I’m amazed at the grip in both wet and dry conditions, I was always a bit of a brand snob but now will be using nankangs on all my road cars as well!
Didn’t really notice road noise but grip and wear rate is fantastic!
1 - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2019
Given 31% while driving a Mazda Bongo Friendee (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 300 easy going miles
Bought four of these tryes and had wheel and car vibration at 60 mph.
Went back the where I bought the tyres from and they rebalanced the front wheels and it was still no good.
I then after a few weeks of getting my cars suspension checked out all of which were good.
I then went to our local Honda dealer and they checked the tyres again and they found that two tyres were out of round and not balancedable.
In effect no good at all.
Won't by them or recommend them to anyone'...
5 - tyre reviewed on July 26, 2017
57 - tyre reviewed on July 15, 2015
Given 90% while driving a Volkswagen (175/50 R13) on track for 0 spirited miles
excellent tyre, handeling on dry, and on wet. Most off time used on track. descending fast, but it's worth it. maybe if drive nat so aggressively, then tyre life time, will be longer.
two tyre sets of driven, and buy again
8 - tyre reviewed on March 18, 2015