Nankang Sportnex AS2+

The Nankang Sportnex AS2 Plus is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Nankang AS2

Tyre review data from 7 tyre reviews averaging 73% over 36,460 miles driven.

2019 Summer 53 Tyre Braking Shootout - 39th of 45 tyres

2018 Test World Summer Tyre Test - 14th of 16 tyres

• Positive - None mentioned.
  • Negative - Poor dry and wet braking, poor balance during emergency maneuvers.

2017 Auto Express Summer Tyre Test - 10th of 11 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nankang Sportnex AS2 Plus
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nankang Sportnex AS2 Plus. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nankang Sportnex AS2 Plus Review

Given 46% while driving a Ford Mondeo TDCI (205/65 R17) on mostly motorways for 8,000 miles
These tyres are made from recycled banana skins treated with a generous amount of grease. In the dry they are fine. But if the road is slightly damp you would be safer dressed all in black trying to walk across eight lanes of the M25 at midnight whilst wearing a blindfold. The ABS kicks in whilst braking gently and traction control is regularly activated in 2nd gear if attempting to accelerate at any speed greater than the acceleration of your average snail.
Aquaplaning - I was aware of this phenomenon but had never experienced it in over 20 years of driving until I had these, now I can aquaplane with the best of them. In rain the car handles worse than Bambi trying to navigate a glacier after ten vodka red bulls. Yes, I know they are advertised as a summer tyre, but unfortunately I had no choice in this tyre purchase. If you live in an area where it never rains and the temperature never drops below 20 degrees then this is the ideal tyre for you. But if you live in the U.K. and value your life then do not buy these tyres. If you are a fleet manager purchasing tyres for Sun, Daily Mail journalists or Piers Morgan then get your cheque book out immediately.
46 - tyre reviewed on January 2, 2017

Latest Nankang Sportnex AS2 Plus Reviews

Have you driven on the Nankang Sportnex AS2 Plus tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Sportnex AS2 Plus.

Given 56% while driving a Ford Mondeo estate (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 9,960 average miles
Purchased these tyres in January 2018 for my Ford Mondeo ST TDCi Estate. They replaced my previous tyres (Avons) which had lasted for 17,000mls and we were recommended these Nankangs as a good performance tyre which would easily last as long as the Avons. It is now October 2018 and we have just had the MOT and the tester has put an advisory that all 4 tyres are on the 1.6mm warning markers.. The milage from fitting in January to the Advisory is 9,960mls. I have never had a set of tyres which have lasted so poorly even the Pirelli P Zero's notorious for wearing quickly gave me 16,000mls. I have no issues with the tyres on the road perfomance wet or dry they aquitted themselves just fine and in fact the wear is perfectly even on the tyres with little shoulder wear which is usual on these vehicles. But the fact is they have work to UK Minimum in under 10,000mls which I feel is very poor and I would never buy again.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 27, 2018
Looking for new tyres? Watch this video now!
Given 78% while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Seems to be really good tyres in the dry and wet with no lose of grip. I do find them a bit noisy compared with my previous tyres but i would still buy them again. Can't comment on wear as haven't had them long.
6 - tyre reviewed on August 6, 2018
Given 86% while driving a Honda Accord Tourer (225/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 3,500 average miles
I used to have Bridgestone Potenzas before and I replaced them with Nankang's. I have had Nankang's before and I wasn't very happy with them. These Sportnex AS+ instead are very good value for money. Very comfortable and quiet tyres (especially compared to Potenzas). The wet grip has also much more better than in other Chinese tyres I used to have. My opinion is that for normal road use these tires are very good choice. Unofotunately I drove only 5000 km's before I sold tyres with car but will defintely consider to buy these again.
1 - tyre reviewed on February 28, 2018
Given 99% while driving a Volkswagen Scirocco 2.0 TSI 210hp (235/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
The review below made by the guy who used 205/65R17 on his Mondeo is very misleading. The AS-2+ product doesn't include this exact size in the size range, and the size doesn't fit correctly on Mondeo either!

According to the dealer where I replaced tyres, the nankang tyre is tested in European proving grounds to live up to the European tyres standards, and as-2 plus is also certified by TUV SUD in Germany.

From my first experience of the tyres, it works unexpectedly well on wet road. Even if driving on motorway at high speed, the tyres offer stable control through water at ease. The way how tyres fit on the 18" rims looks nice as well. Would recommend to friends.

16 - tyre reviewed on June 23, 2017