Neuton NT5000

Show all: Neuton tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Neuton NT5000 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 49 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 564,108 miles driven.

Neuton NT5000

86%

86%

87%

Neuton NT5000 Reviews

Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 Aero 2.8T V6 (225-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Quiet, comfortable, wear OK, but truly atrocious in the wet. Really bad, dangerously so. They're not even very cheap any more so avoid...there are far better tyres out there.
tyre reviewed on September 25, 2014
Given 27% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Vectra Estate (225-55-16-)
Driving on mostly town for 15,000 easy going miles
I purchased a full set of 4 tyres in 2011 from a Saab part supplier from Ebay. I stored the tyres in dry conditions for a year before having them fitted to my Vectra estate 2.0dti. I didn't realise that each tyre has its own date on the sidewall, they were actually made in week 41 2008 (So three years old when I received them!).
Driving was OK but quite stiff at first. The tyres were barely holding the road and they would break away quite quickly on corners. I did about 15,000 over the 2 years I ran on these tyres. The ride was awful to the point where I had to weave to avoid any bumps in the road or face being shaken violently.
Around 3 months ago I noticed a large crack appear across the full width of the tread all the way to the bottom of the tread on my offside front tyre, I swapped this tyre for the rear tyre but was shocked to see this one was also cracked all the way across it. In short all 4 tyres have the same cracking which I thought very dangerous for me and my family (I will just state there was some age cracking starting between the tread and on the sidewalls but this was a deep crack all the way across and to the bottom of the tread as though the tyres were going to come apart. Even though these tyres had about 5mm tread left on them I have just changed to some Pirellis and they are so nice after these things, I would not purchase this make of tyre again.
Thanks for reading and check those dates, shops passing on old stock is not on, you are supposed to get a new tyre when the advert says new!
tyre reviewed on April 2, 2014
Looking to buy the Neuton NT5000? Click here to search for the best price for the Neuton NT5000 or any other tyre.

Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan SUNNY (205-40-17-R)
Driving on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on January 22, 2014
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Impreza WRX STI (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 30,000 spirited miles
I have used these tyres religiously for over 5 years and for a mid range tyre they are truly value for money. Good feedback and very predictable, while not a full on performance tyre they certainly hold their own when compared to more expensive tyres. Would definitely buy these again.
tyre reviewed on January 13, 2014
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Jazz (205-40-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 0 easy going miles
Using Neuton NT5000 as an alternative to my Potenzas for daily driving.

Even though i'm using low profile tires, the road feedback is great even on the softer side of my coilovers. Dry grip is great as well but not near compared to my Potenzas (RE002). Wet Grip is good but don't get foolish.

The sidewall might be softer compared to RE002. Even if i up the PSI to 35, it is still very comfortable.

Only gripe would be the Noise. It is noisier compared to RE002 (which actually surprised me).

Overall, a great budget tire for daily use. Can't beat the price:performance ratio!
tyre reviewed on January 8, 2014
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Acura Integra Ls 1.8 Auto (225-45-17-)
Milage used: 40,000km
Duration: 1 year 8month
So far using it in malaysia on my proton persona. It is a great on dry and good on wet roads. The tyre downside is the side tyre is thinner than the middle so it gets worn out faster.
tyre reviewed on November 5, 2013
Given 59% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf GT TDI 140 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 10,000 easy going miles
Will never buy these again. Cracks appeared between the tread
on all 4 tyres. Was advised to change them after 18 months and I have.
tyre reviewed on October 17, 2013
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Primera (215-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 25,000 average miles
Great Value for money Tyre. Grip is awesome in Dry and wet conditionds for a compound that enables them to last for 40000kms on New Zealand Roads. One problem I had though was I got a slow puncture and drove 18km before realising, in this time it damaged the side wall beyond repair. Good thing the tyres were all close to the wear limit marks. So off to get a new set
tyre reviewed on October 14, 2013
Given 82% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Corolla verso (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I think - these are the best budgets ever! I like them, bit noisy though. Corolla verso isn't the best insulated car, so road noise is remarkable and I am not the speeder too. Normally +/- 120 km/h.
Well, welcome to Latvia - if you can find something to call "the road" here, do so :D But in general - omnipresent potholes, gravel countryroads wet or dry - if you are on tough budet, I'm not shure, you will find better ones. Highly recommend.
tyre reviewed on September 16, 2013
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Aristo V300 (245-35-19-W)
I have these fitted to a 485kW (650bhp) with 800Nm+ of torque rear wheel drive 2JZ-GTE powered car, and for the money they are extremely capable. In the dry there is minimal wheel spin from 2nd gear onwards, and I can confidently give it full power coming out of corners without it stepping out on me (unless specifically provoked) - Note, that this is dry behavior - in the wet they are not great - I have to be very careful in any gear as when it hits boost the tail will step out, even in 3rd (4 speed auto) at 100kph +
tyre reviewed on August 17, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: