Nexen Arrowspeed CP661

Nexen Arrowspeed CP661 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Ford Fiesta (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Just removed two arrowspeeds from rear of my Fiesta after noticing small splits all around sidewalls on inside of tyres.just over 12 months old never been run under inflated ,normal use.thought they looked ok when fitted new.had neons before no problems. Not happy with quick fit selling such crap.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 16, 2019
Given 70% while driving a CitroŽn berlingo (175/70 R14 T) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
Been running with two CP661s on the front since last year. Very satisfied with them for so reasonably priced a tyre. Noticeably better grip in the wet than the Michelins they replaced. Rears need replacing now.. so Arrowspeed it is.
16 - tyre reviewed on March 3, 2018
Given 80% while driving a Toyota Yaris (185/60 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Drive a Toyota Yaris 1.3 VVTI 2008 model. The previous owner had Pirelli P6000 on the front and Yokohama at the back. On the MOT Advisory it said back tyres perishing and the front tyres near legal limit. Did not fancy points on me licence if I get stopped or the tyres bursting so thought lets change them well before the next MOT. Live in London but was driving to Yate in Bristol. Thought whilst I am in Yate get them changed there and drive back 130 miles back to London and wear them in. Spoke to a nice chap in Kwik Fit in Yate and booked an appointment - was told prices over the phone and the Arrowspeed suited my budget. Some tyres were £70 to £90 price range - Arrowspeed were £50 each. Was told Arrowspeed was a budget tyre and part of the Goodyear group. Once fitted it totally changed the handling and the grip and was well impressed. Thought as a budget tyre will have them on till next summer then go for some Pirelli's but think I will just get Arrowspeed as it drives better and does not break the bank. Dry grip is great, in the rain has good grip, Good feedback from tyres, the tyres have done 946 miles and has not been great weather recently but so far and no issues - only 1 thing is that doing 70mph on M4 tyres are a little noisier than the previous ones. Would definitely buy these tyres again. Lessons learnt do not let the big brands fool you.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 7, 2018
Given 66% while driving a Mitsubishi Spacestar (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 48,000 average miles
My yearly mileage is very high as I travel 70 miles per day for work and so my tyres tend to wear out fast. So I opted for budget tyres from Kwik Fit and got the Arrowspeed CP661. The road handling in the dry is good for the spacestar which is not the best anyway. The car tended to wallow a lot so cornering was always an issue, but the tyres appear to handle the soft suspension. The only issues I had was the excessive wear on the inside of the front tyres. The car itself was the issue with most handling but then it is a family car and designed for comfort and not throwing around corners like your on brands hatch. Overall, these are excellent budget tyres for the high mileage non-sports type driving. If you drive like an idiot in a Bema, avoid these, they are not designed for your car or driving.
7 - tyre reviewed on September 30, 2016
Given 87% while driving a Fiat Punto 1.2 8v (165/70 R14 T) on a combination of roads for 50,000 spirited miles
I have now had 2 full sets of these on my old Punto 1.2 & cover 25k miles a year.
They have proven to be really hard wearing and totally predictable in both wet and dry conditions. Fronts are lasting approx 25k and the rears I've just replaced lasted 50k +
For a light low powered car they're really good. Just replaced all 4 for under £200.
4 - tyre reviewed on October 18, 2015
Given 83% while driving a CitroŽn C5 Estate (225/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
Had these fitted at my local Kwik-fit prior to touring England and Scotland had no problems on motorway runs and in some pretty apalling weather.

Tyres made little noticeable road nose and fuel economy has remained good having checked pressures fortnightly.

As for wear rate will need to cover a few more miles to comment but there seems to be a good trade off grip to wear rate.

In summary I would buy these again!
24 - tyre reviewed on July 16, 2014
Given 84% while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 7 spirited miles
Quick update on my last review bit loose for the first month now on 7,000 miles still full of tread and driving very well should last around 30,000 on front wheel drive .
5 - tyre reviewed on April 18, 2014
Given 79% while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (205/55 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 5 spirited miles
As said before dont think these tyres are made by nexen , cant really fault them for the average everyday driver stable in the wet , smooth enough in the dry and road noise the same as old conti tyres taken off . Over all a very good buy for £51 per tyre from kwik-fit wear rate seems very good as an added bonus .
1 - tyre reviewed on December 17, 2013
Given 84% while driving a Vauxhall Corsa (185/65 R15 H) on mostly motorways for 30,000 average miles
I have had these tyres fitted to my last 3 cars and will fit them to my current one very soon
I went for them first time because they are Kwitfit's budget option and I wonder if I will ever spend money on some of the Premium brands
my last set did 30,000 miles and could have probably done more
They were also quieter than the Firestone's which they replaced
I dont think you can go wrong with these I would rather these than any other budget tyre
0 - tyre reviewed on September 2, 2013
Given 80% while driving a Ford MONDEO (205/55 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 9,000 spirited miles
Firstly didn't know these were made by Nexen far as i know they are a tyre sold only by Kwik-Fit made in Korea , was a bit wary about getting these as a few people were saying they were rubbish far from the truth. Fitted on the front of a mondeo driven on a combination of road as varying speeds in all types of weather, i don't chuck a car round corners but neither do i drive too slow on motorways ?? can honestly say these tyres have never let me down not bad for £52 each . Also still full of tread after 9000 miles will be getting these again .
2 - tyre reviewed on April 11, 2013