Nexen N Blue ECO

The Nexen N Blue ECO is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 26 tyre reviews averaging 78% over 223,798 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2013 ACE Summer Touring Tyre Test - 15th of 16 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nexen N Blue ECO

Questions and Answers for the Nexen N Blue ECO

2016-04-19 - Who makes this tyre?

Nexen make the Nexen N'Blue ECO tyre.

Top Nexen N Blue ECO Review

Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 1 series 2.0l Diesel (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Put theses on my 1 series BMW instead of the expensive run flats, got to be honest they have been on the car a little over 2 yrs, the car has covered over 20,000 with them & they have been fantastic. Road noise is so much better, grip is outstanding & the wear has been phenomenal. Will definatly be buying these again. The front two are still like new & the Rear two will probably require changing around winter just to get through it. £55 a tyre fitted instead of £250 a tyre?! Bargain!!
67 - tyre reviewed on July 26, 2013

Latest Nexen N Blue ECO Reviews

Have you driven on the Nexen N Blue ECO tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the N Blue ECO.

Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan almera gti (195/50 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 25,000 average miles
These tyres had a lot of grip and were getting warm quickly. I don't remember having them to lose grip, ever. However I 've never pushed them to theit actual limit, but at least on every sharp turned I tried, they looked to have been adhered to road. Not entirely sure about wet performance. Good feedback from the road and comfort, tiny bit noisy but good at absorbing all these tiny high frequency road anomalies.
And the big BUT comes at this point. They wore out VERY quickly. The side corners and walls are not reinforced and started having cracks on the third of their total four years of life. One more note about side walls is that they don't have rim protection which can be a showstopper sometimes on dense cities.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 2, 2018
Fancy winning a set of 4 tyres, fully fitted? Click below and enter!
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Honda CRV (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10 spirited miles
Have now done about 10,000 miles on these types and am really impressed. Comfort, ride and dry grip are all good while wet traction and grip are exceptional. I always drive quickly and the wet road grip seems barely less than in the dry. Even on greasy surfaces they are very reluctant to slide and when they do they retain excellent steering control and confidence. Only in terms of wear are they average but then they are by no means an expensive tyre. Highly recommended in this size.
4 - tyre reviewed on November 21, 2017
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Daewoo Lanos (175/70 R13) on mostly town for 6,200 average miles
Greetings!
My name is Tommy.
Bought my tires in february after reading many things trying to buy the best (here: good and cheap) for my old daewoo lanos (1st wheel drive).
I decided to buy nexen coz of the grip (#C) and fuel economy (#C) and it's price was okay (10000 HUF/db = ~28GBP/piece). So I changed all fours at the same time. Further, it's a korean development, so i thought a korean car with korean tires just cannot go wrong - maybe - but when the courier brought the tires it turned out they were made in China, not in S-Korea, nor in the EU.
The dot no. was okay though. When buying tires you should always check the dot no., they say.
I've been driving around so far 10000 kms (~ 6200 miles).
I use my car on daily purpose with the followings speeds: 50 km/h (~30mph), 80 km/h (~50mph), 120 km/h (~75 mph), for commuting and touring/vacation, but only on asphalt.
The grip of the new tire was excellent, but while it wears down it deteriorates a bit, but nothing out of the ordinary.
The first week the tires were adopted on the car we took a rainy shower downstreets, and nobody was really on the road so I tested them a wee bit, and I did not notice aquaplaning below 50km/h. Above it did, so I almost got myself into a ditch with 100 km/h, but I didn't, coz I planned how and where I will drive & what and how will I do in such case. All worked out so the handling is also okay. Road feedback is also good. Only thing is that little pesky white gravel (murva) on parkplaces or on asphalt sidetracks can get into the tire, what really annoys me, coz you know it makes a continous ticking sound if not taken out. The fuel consumption of my car however did not lower when I changed my tires, and it did not rise either with continous wear. It's fix 7 litres when commuting, 6.5 litres when touring and 8 litres when driving in the city (or just can't shift gear so fast).
When it comes down compared to the others, I think it was worth the money I paid for, and also there are far worse tires in the market for more money. I would definitely buy these types again, but they still last, and they were made in China, so I won't.
I will buy continental or hankook tires, coz they have R&D +M plants in Hungary, and are one of the best, and I will buy the "home grown" instead of a chinese thing. :)
1 - tyre reviewed on September 28, 2017
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 (195/50 R15) on mostly town for 2,000 spirited miles
Replaced the original BBS alloys on our 20 year old 2.0 MkIII Golf Carbriolet last year as they were corroded so replaced the worn Pirelli P6000 (fronts) and Goodyear Efficient Grip (rears) with these Nexen. They came recommended as we were looking for tyres with good dry grip as its often parked-up on all but the sunniest days! These meet the brief - huge amount of feedback compared to the old set in the dry, giving much more confidence to push on. Fuel economy has improved with the trip computer recording 41-46mpg on recent runs, up from around 36-39mpg before. The downsides - there is some tyre noise noticeable on a good surface at 40mph however this is not usually a problem as engine and wind noise is more significant on the old cabrio! Also, the couple of times driven in the wet, the feedback that is there in the dry fades and the steering become noticeably light (no ESP here!). However grip is still available in the wet. Too early to assess wear but still look like new at 2Kmiles
Excellent value on the lightweight summer Cabrio but would hesitate to put on the family Volvo V70...
3 - tyre reviewed on August 15, 2017