Nexen N Blue HD+

Nexen N Blue HD Plus Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 96% while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer 1.5 (205/60 R16) on for 0 average miles
I have these tyres since 2018, and i used them app 15000km. I do not have any compliant for driving in wet or dry. Are not noizy, with a good confort. I do not see any differences between them and premium tyres.
I highly recommend it.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 14, 2019
Given 87% while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 SW 1.9 JTD (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Location of use: Croatia / Climate: warm summers with shower rains, rainy autumns with cold mornings and nights, warm springs with shower rains, rainy and snowy winters
After more than six months with this tyres, all I can say about them are good words. Dry grip is just perfect, I had some really close breaking and Nexen hadn't let me down. Wet grip is also very good, I didn't experienced any aquaplaning at all. It endure even heavy rains very good. You can enter fast in turns on the road and handling is very reliable. The tyres are soft with soft sides, so you can feel some squirm in fast and strong turns. If you don't like that feeling, I suggest XL version of this tyre with stronger sides. But, at the end, they manage to control it easy. Because of its softness, I presume that they wear in some higher rate. So far, so good. They are very quiet.
All in all, definitely I would buy again this tyre or some other from Nexen. Also I recommend this tyres to everyone because they are excellent budget tyres with some high performance premium characteristics.
Compare: better than Sava tyres (Goodyear, Slovenia/Poland) in same price range, better than Tigar and Taurus (Michellin, Serbia/Hungary).
5 - tyre reviewed on October 20, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Peugeot 306 (185/65 R14 H) on a combination of roads for 19,000 average miles
Great wet braking!! Silent, and in 30000kms the tyres are in +/- 50%. Very good quality with low price!
0 - tyre reviewed on October 18, 2019
Given 96% while driving a SEAT Ibiza 1.4 Sportrider (195/55 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 13,000 miles
Satisfied.Very good tyres. I've bought first pair in 2016 and second in 2017. I saw test review in Auto Bild 2015 summer tyre test. They took 4th place and were better than some majors...Bought it because Seat Ibiza is a harder trimmed car and with these soft tyres I compensate bumpy cracked roads here in Serbia and Hungary. Very soft,good handling,quiet....we were 4 times in Greece during a hot summer and they made about 25.000 km. First tyres that were fitted on Ibiza were Dunlop Sport 2000 and were very bad and so hard and they were losing they diameter after 10.000km....and only I can say that Nexens are awesome. Good in braking,good on highway and local way and good in curves,only problem is a bit higher wear because they are soft but for me quite ok...My recommendations. I'll buy them again. Mid range,not premium but are very close.
4 - tyre reviewed on July 17, 2019
Given 51% while driving a SEAT Ibiza 1.4 Sportrider (195/55 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 6,300 average miles
They are decent tyres on both dry and wet, but if they’re pushed a little bit to hard the tyres will lose grip.
One of the downsizes of these tyres, is tyre wear.. after 10.000 km I found some nasty ruptures ( 3-4 cm long) along the rolling surface and also the tyres started wobbling .
6 - tyre reviewed on June 29, 2019
Given 84% while driving a Fiat Cinquecento ED (145/70 R13) on for 500 miles
I bought these tyres after having difficulty in finding a premium make that I wanted in this small size, these are certainly proving to be the next best thing. Very good in the wet, albeit obviously on a low powered car. So far they feel perfectly safe and stable in all conditions. We'll worth considering, at least on small to medium vehicles.
4 - tyre reviewed on June 20, 2019
Given 87% while driving a Volvo V40 Estate (195/60 R15 V) on mostly motorways for 15,000 average miles
After reading many review i decided to give them a chance.
Overall al very good summer tyre,
I would like to make a special remark about nowaday tyres (michelin energy saver plus and goodyear vector 4 seasons gen 2) these 2 types of tyres always look like underinflated (sidewalls) even at normal or higher tyre pressure. For my car an 2002 Volvo V40 115HP, they gave my car more like a floating feeling (both straights and turns).
I recently drove with a friends VW california 2019 with also the goodyear Vectors 4 seasons gen 2, now it was overwelming, at highway speed the van needed to be corrected all the time... more like sailing than driving.
Its like a contradiction but some confortable tyres on some models of cars are the opposite of that.
The nexens hd plus keeps my volvo much more controlable and easy to drive, than the 2 more expensive tyres, best tyre i had for my car.
Dont trust all the professional reviews, some of them gave these tyre very good results in the wet, some gave it dangerous properties in the wet so they coudnt possibly recommend it... Also read a review here from an uncontollable rent car in greece with these nexens, are you sure the steering wasnt damaged after an accident????
Some reviews are very hard to believe, ABS that refuses to lock or unlock them , or locks itself because of these tyres? Stil dont get it, haha
Very happy with my first budget tyre (44euro/piece). Very good control at highway speeds in Belgium and Germany (at 150kmh) I recommend them and feel safe with them as summer tyres (my winter tyres are conti wintercontact ts850, also very verry good).
Greetings from Ghent (Be)...
8 - tyre reviewed on May 31, 2019
Given 86% while driving a Rover 623 (195/60 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
They perform pretty good on dry and wet conditions . The are pretty quiet .I was amused when i saw comments from people that say they are terrible in wet..The sides of the tyre are very soft just like the compound. They don't perform well in the hottest noons of the summer or when i heat them up with aggressive driving .
5 - tyre reviewed on April 22, 2019
Given 93% while driving a MINI Countryman Cooper SD (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
Great mid range tyre - very grippy in both wet and dry - good road feedback and low road noise . Would definitely recommend and buy again.
21 - tyre reviewed on January 4, 2019