Nexen N Fera SU1

The Nexen N Fera SU1 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 47 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 408,350 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2014 Auto Zeitung Summer Tyre Test - 7th of 12 tyres

• Overall - The revised Nexen N FERA SU1 is fundamentally solid in the wet, but in the curved aquaplaning tests is floats very early

2014 Auto Bild Top 15 Summer Tyre Test - 10th of 15 tyres

• Positive - Quiet pass-by noise, good price-performance ratio, good economy
  • Negative - Average handling and grip on dry and wet roads

2014 Auto Bild 50 Summer Tyre Shootout - 14th of 50 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nexen N Fera SU1
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nexen N Fera SU1. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nexen N Fera SU1 Review

Given 92% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 3.0 TFSI quattro (255/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I was quite suspicious of the Nexens before buying, but the seller did a good job convincing me. I had bought several tires from him before so I trusted his opinion. Switched from Michelin Pilot Sport 2 to these.

A few thousand km after I'm really happy with them. Quieter than the PS2, better dry and wet grip. Perhaps the progressiveness is a bit worse than on the PS2, but it is hard to estimate well as it would need a track day, too scary to find the limit in normal traffic!
213 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2016

Latest Nexen N Fera SU1 Reviews

Have you driven on the Nexen N Fera SU1 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the N Fera SU1.

Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Fabia 1.2TSI 77KW(stage 1 to 100KW) (205/45 R16 W) on mostly town for 13,000 average miles
I have them for 20.000 km on a family car and the wear is much worse that it should be for in city routes, thats the major disadvantage.

The grip was good the first 10.000 km but after that it goes bad.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 10, 2017
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Audi a6 avant 3.0 tdi s line (255/35 R20) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
I have 20" wheels with low profile tires on an Audi A6 S-Line, and the Pirelli's PZero that the car came with offered good road feedback but were getting increasingly hard, uncomfortable and noisy as they started to get older. So when they finally went, I wanted to replace them with something more quiet and comfortable, but also good in the wet and with a decent handling level. The NFera SU1 is exactly the type of tyre i was looking for.

Positives: very comfortable, extremely quiet for a 255/35/R20 tyre (Nexen says 68dB), good wet grip, great price
Negatives: not so good road feedback and dry braking (compared to the PZero), handling is average

The wear level is nothing special, it wears a bit faster than the PZero, because the SU1 is a softer tyre, but not by much. I have done about 12k miles and they seem to be about half their original thread height.
18 - tyre reviewed on May 3, 2017
Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz CLS 320 (245/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 11,000 average miles
These are comfortable, quiet and grippy tyres which inspire confidence in both wet and dry conditions, but even with a relatively easy going driving style like mine (I try and eke as many miles out of a tank of fuel as possible), these tyres are just too soft for a heavy car like the Merc CLS and wore out way too quickly for me to ever consider buying them again. I bought them in April last year and they're already almost totally bereft of tread after only 10 months and 11,000 miles. With a deeper tread depth from new, the Nexen N8000's I had on before them seem to be slightly harder wearing and just as comfortable and grippy, but I think I'll give the (allegedly) longer lasting Barum Bravuris 3HM's next time as I just can't be done with the time, trouble and cost of having to replace my tyres every year.
6 - tyre reviewed on February 2, 2017
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A1 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 400 spirited miles
Have been using these on my A1 Sport Plus. 189hp in a light front wheel drive would generally be considered a recipe for serious wheelspin and understeer, but these tires transformed the car into an incredibly grippy hot hatch. Combined with lowered suspension, the car is totally transformed and I definitely would recommend them to anyone particularly with a high powered front wheel drive. Nitrogen filled, so fuel economy has seen slight improvements and tires are reasonably comfortable with little to no increase in road noise. In the wet, they can be prone to aquaplaning early on, this would be my only complaint.
17 - tyre reviewed on December 15, 2016