Nexen N Fera SU1

The Nexen N Fera SU1 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 54 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 429,750 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2014 Auto Zeitung Summer Tyre Test - 7th of 12 tyres

• Overall - The revised Nexen N FERA SU1 is fundamentally solid in the wet, but in the curved aquaplaning tests is floats very early

2014 Auto Bild Top 15 Summer Tyre Test - 10th of 15 tyres

• Positive - Quiet pass-by noise, good price-performance ratio, good economy
  • Negative - Average handling and grip on dry and wet roads

2014 Auto Bild 50 Summer Tyre Shootout - 14th of 50 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nexen N Fera SU1
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nexen N Fera SU1. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nexen N Fera SU1 Review

Given 92% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 3.0 TFSI quattro (255/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I was quite suspicious of the Nexens before buying, but the seller did a good job convincing me. I had bought several tires from him before so I trusted his opinion. Switched from Michelin Pilot Sport 2 to these.

A few thousand km after I'm really happy with them. Quieter than the PS2, better dry and wet grip. Perhaps the progressiveness is a bit worse than on the PS2, but it is hard to estimate well as it would need a track day, too scary to find the limit in normal traffic!
236 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2016

Latest Nexen N Fera SU1 Reviews

Have you driven on the Nexen N Fera SU1 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the N Fera SU1.

Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf 7 GTI PP DSG (225/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Surprisingly these tires are very good. I was doubting them before i bought them, but after the sales man convinced me, i went for them. Plus they are a great deal cheaper than the Pirrellis that i had on my car. I have only had these tires for a day, but i am impressed already. immediately after the tires were fitted on i took the car out for a drive (dry road conditions) and performance of these tires is really good. Honestly there is no difference between these tires and the Pirelli, although i feel like the Nfera SU1 handles better in wet. Later at night it rained very hard, so i took the car out again to test the tires and i could comfortably do 180km/h - 190km/h in heavy heavy rain. Quite impressive !!
2 - tyre reviewed on November 1, 2017
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar X type 2.0SE diesel (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 400 average miles
After much research, and after reading many reviews, I decided to give these tyres a chance. I must admit that, for the price, I am more than happy with them. They have good grip in dry conditions and I have driven on wet roads and they have performed well. I don't push the car too hard so I couldn't comment on how well they would perform under more strenuous driving.
I had Pirelli tyres on previously and I haven't noticed a great deal of difference. Road noise is a little more noticeable but not so much as to make driving uncomfortable. Good tread pattern and positive handling. I cannot comment on wear as they have only been on the car for around 400 miles.
To be honest I would say that for a mid range tyre, within a certain price range, they are very good.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 30, 2017
Alfa Romeo Giuiletta (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
6000 km and half of the profile is missing. ( most km is made at low speed...to work and back )
Weak in curves because, it has too soft sides. Not for sport driving in sharp bends...

it is fairly quiet and comfortable, but I will definitely change them for something better.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 29, 2017
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus IS200 (255/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 easy going miles
I carried out a lot of research for 225/40R18xl and 255/40R18xl for my Lexus F Sport. The previous tyres were Continentals and I could not get on with them as well as they were at 3.5mm. Someone suggested I look outside of the box re brands and hence NEXEN. The cost for a mid range was well received at £375 including tracking. The previous reviews were pretty good and in essence they were accurate. I have only covered 1000 miles so this is very much an initial review only. Wet weather journey over 250 miles in heavy rain was an eye opener as the road holding, feeback and braking were very very good! Dry weather braking and road holding were also very good the following day and 250 miles return journey. I cannot speak for the wear as yet given the mileage covered so far. If the last 1K has been an indicative example then it bodes well. The NEXEN warranty and service support is also excellent should I have to avail myself :-), have a look at their www site for details. More to follow in 9k.
3 - tyre reviewed on October 29, 2017