Nexen N Fera SU1

The Nexen N Fera SU1 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 63 tyre reviews averaging 80% over 473,951 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2014 Auto Zeitung Summer Tyre Test - 7th of 12 tyres

• Overall - The revised Nexen N FERA SU1 is fundamentally solid in the wet, but in the curved aquaplaning tests is floats very early

2014 Auto Bild Top 15 Summer Tyre Test - 10th of 15 tyres

• Positive - Quiet pass-by noise, good price-performance ratio, good economy
  • Negative - Average handling and grip on dry and wet roads

2014 Auto Bild 50 Summer Tyre Shootout - 14th of 50 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nexen N Fera SU1

Questions and Answers for the Nexen N Fera SU1

2018-01-16 - Are these standard tread or directional?

The Nexen N Fera SU1 is an asymmetric tread design, not directional.

Top Nexen N Fera SU1 Review

Given 92% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 3.0 TFSI quattro (255/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I was quite suspicious of the Nexens before buying, but the seller did a good job convincing me. I had bought several tires from him before so I trusted his opinion. Switched from Michelin Pilot Sport 2 to these.

A few thousand km after I'm really happy with them. Quieter than the PS2, better dry and wet grip. Perhaps the progressiveness is a bit worse than on the PS2, but it is hard to estimate well as it would need a track day, too scary to find the limit in normal traffic!
382 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2016

Latest Nexen N Fera SU1 Reviews

Have you driven on the Nexen N Fera SU1 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the N Fera SU1.

Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo MiTo (225/40 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 4,000 average miles
Tried these on my MiTo 1.4 TB 155hp on a 225/40/18 size. I never considered Nexens as budget tyres especially compared to some cheap chinese variants of other brands. I have been driving with these the last 4,000 miles and i am very satisfied. The time will tell of course for the wear and general feedback on the tyres' behavior, but all the current characteristics seem to do the job. Handling in the dry is very grippy and in the wet provides confidence too. Overall it is a quite tyre. The only drawback i noticed is its behavior on aquaplaning especially during very heavy rain. Of course MiTo is not a very heavy car, but in these conditions i slow down a bit. No problems or concerns so far, i believe it is down to time to see whether they are an all arounder, but until now i am very happy.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 19, 2018
Trying to pick the BEST tyre possible for your car? Watch this!
Given 54% (breakdown) while driving a BMW (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 500 spirited miles
These tires are actually great compromise tires for 9 out of ten people. Unfortunately for me I’m the 10th guy. My 135i had virtually zero body roll . Now, for me it’s undrivable due to way too pliant a sidewall. My countless upgrades to my car suspension are negated by these tires. I just went cheap, which is something I normally don’t do. I won’t do it on tires again.... Steve Smith
16 - tyre reviewed on April 2, 2018
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda Mazda6 Sedan 175 (225/45 R19) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
I obtained most of this set of three as a second hand from another fellow driver of Mazda6 Diesel in HK. He has done approximately 4000 miles as I got them.

Had been driving around with them for about 10 months, and did some 20000 miles on them. Swapped from Bridgestone Turanza T001 (stock tyres from manufacturer as brand new), and immediately noticed that the grip is better, and generally quieter. Some people complained about the soft tyre wall, and my response is to pump quite a bit harder. I do 35/38 PSI (cold/warm), and notice that the behaviour of the tyres would suit the car better too!

Wet grip is generally good, braking distance is good in general, while there are bad episodes that failed to stop in the right distance (more problems with brakes than the tyres though). It’s less bouncy when on bad road surface when compared with the Turanzas. Given the price point of the tyres (~£80 per tyre in HKD equivalent), while PS4s would be something into (£200+ per tyre in HKD), I would consider the SU1s a steal.
7 - tyre reviewed on April 1, 2018
Given 30% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz CLS 320 (275/35 R18) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
These tyres come with 7mm tread. They are excellent until theyre down to 5mm. Then they become death traps. I noticed most good reviews on here are after relatively short mileage. Dont risk it.
45 - tyre reviewed on January 26, 2018