Nexen N Fera SU1

The Nexen N Fera SU1 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Nexen N Fera Sport SU2

Tyre review data from 83 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 572,701 miles driven.

2017 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Shootout - 22nd of 43 tyres

2014 Auto Bild 50 Summer Tyre Shootout - 14th of 50 tyres

2014 Auto Zeitung Summer Tyre Test - 7th of 12 tyres

• Overall - The revised Nexen N FERA SU1 is fundamentally solid in the wet, but in the curved aquaplaning tests is floats very early
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nexen N Fera SU1

Questions and Answers for the Nexen N Fera SU1

2018-01-16 - Are these standard tread or directional?

The Nexen N Fera SU1 is an asymmetric tread design, not directional.

2019-05-10 - Are these tyres suitable for my 2012 VW T5 Campervan (275x40x20)?

As long as you can find the N Fera SU1 in the correct size and load rating for your vehicle, there's no reason you shouldn't use the tyre.

Top Nexen N Fera SU1 Review

Given 92% while driving a Audi A6 3.0 TFSI quattro (255/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I was quite suspicious of the Nexens before buying, but the seller did a good job convincing me. I had bought several tires from him before so I trusted his opinion. Switched from Michelin Pilot Sport 2 to these.

A few thousand km after I'm really happy with them. Quieter than the PS2, better dry and wet grip. Perhaps the progressiveness is a bit worse than on the PS2, but it is hard to estimate well as it would need a track day, too scary to find the limit in normal traffic!
569 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2016

Latest Nexen N Fera SU1 Reviews

Have you driven on the Nexen N Fera SU1 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the N Fera SU1.

Given 78% while driving a Infiniti Q70 (245/50 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Got this to replace my worn out Continental Sport Contact 5. Reason why I got these was that they were selling for 30% of the price of the Continentals and 50% of the Michelin in my area and wanted to try them out. So here's an initial review on it. It's got less feedback than the Conti and Michelins i'd say. Cornering is really not it's strong point and comfort levels can't be compared to those two either. It's not bad, the ride just feels a tad bit firm? Although, the Road noise is a lot quieter than the Conti's, perhaps as good or better than the Primacy to be honest. For the price, they're not bad. I find that they're better on wet roads than dry. They performed just like The Conti Sport Contact and Primacy in the wet for what I'm getting. Will I get them again? sure, reviews says that they wear pretty well. I'll find out once I've reached 20k miles or so.
4 - tyre reviewed on August 27, 2019
Given 53% while driving a SEAT Ibiza TSi (195/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
I normally buy decent mid-range tyres like Hankook, Kumho and sometimes Dunlop, currently driving a 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0TSI 95PS.

These Nexen tyres came factory fitted on my new Seat Ibiza. Have to say I'm amazed that Seat have the gall to fit rubbish like these - last factory fit tyres that were this bad were Pirelli P6000 on a Corsa 15 years ago.

The Nexens feel fine, no complaints there, and seem to be able to brake decently enough, but they must have been designed with California in mind, because they just cannot do corners or wet roads.

Perfectly dry motorway exit roundabout on a 20C day, the pure power (all 95hp) of my Ibiza was able to totally overwhelm the Nexens, and I wasn't even accelerating hard, just making a smart exit from the roundabout. Lots of understeer and ESP intervention. This same roundabout could be negotiated at much more speed in my old Megane fitted with Bridgestone runflats. Yes, runflats.

As for wet grip, if you're an adrenelin junky, then the Nexens are for you. Really, driving these on a wet day is like driving a three wheeled shopping trolly, the car just goes wherever it likes.

Nexen is a new name for the old Woosung brand - they made terrible tyres in the 80s and 90s, and really they haven't improved as far as I can tell. Carrying on the Ditchfinder nickname.

I'll likely be getting real tyres fitted to the car before the really wet weather starts - annoying on a car with less than 800 miles on the clock. Likely go for Dunlop BlueResponse which I've had great service from in the past.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 21, 2019
Given 84% while driving a Opel insignia (225/45 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Nothing bad to say, the most surprised was the durability of 25tkm driven and another 4mm surface.
The price has now risen so close to premium prices that I probably wouldn't buy anymore ...
2 - tyre reviewed on August 18, 2019
Given 94% while driving a Peugeot 106 (195/45 R19 V) on mostly country roads for 0 spirited miles
I can’t compare fairly to my old tyres as they were different front to rear. I replaced a pair of Firestone Firehawk TZ200 up front and a pair of Falken ZE914 in the rear with a set of these Nexens and so far I am extremely impressed.

Firstly they cost around £20 less than the Firestones and seem to offer better dry grip and certainly more road feedback. They are also a lot quieter when new compared to the Firestones when new. I was going to go for a higher end brand but I happened to check the reviews on here for the N Fera SU1 and they were more than glowing with people comparing them to Continentals and the like, and I have to say, as a first impression I agree.

As a result, my car breaks away far less easily at the rear than with any tyres I’ve had on before these, which is a well known handling characteristic of 90s French front wheel drive cars as I’m sure other owners know, and the front end grip on turn-in is astonishingly good for what is, effectively, a budget brand.

Considering the grip compared to the advantage of only paying around £160 for a full set, I would definitely buy these again for this and other cars that I enjoy performance driving in.
6 - tyre reviewed on May 12, 2019
Given 61% while driving a Hyundai i40 sedan (215/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
Tyres generally grip better than the Hankooks they replaced, particularly when pulling away in the wet.

However, I would not buy them again due to the quality of the rubber compound. After just 7000 miles (in 10 months) we are having to look at replacing them due to cracking inbetween the tread blocks and degradation of the sidewall.
19 - tyre reviewed on April 26, 2019