Nexen N Fera SU1

The Nexen N Fera SU1 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Nexen N Fera Sport SU2

Tyre review data from 80 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 570,701 miles driven.

2017 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Shootout - 22nd of 43 tyres

2014 Auto Bild 50 Summer Tyre Shootout - 14th of 50 tyres

2014 Auto Zeitung Summer Tyre Test - 7th of 12 tyres

• Overall - The revised Nexen N FERA SU1 is fundamentally solid in the wet, but in the curved aquaplaning tests is floats very early
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nexen N Fera SU1

Questions and Answers for the Nexen N Fera SU1

2018-01-16 - Are these standard tread or directional?

The Nexen N Fera SU1 is an asymmetric tread design, not directional.

2019-05-10 - Are these tyres suitable for my 2012 VW T5 Campervan (275x40x20)?

As long as you can find the N Fera SU1 in the correct size and load rating for your vehicle, there's no reason you shouldn't use the tyre.

Top Nexen N Fera SU1 Review

Given 92% while driving a Audi A6 3.0 TFSI quattro (255/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I was quite suspicious of the Nexens before buying, but the seller did a good job convincing me. I had bought several tires from him before so I trusted his opinion. Switched from Michelin Pilot Sport 2 to these.

A few thousand km after I'm really happy with them. Quieter than the PS2, better dry and wet grip. Perhaps the progressiveness is a bit worse than on the PS2, but it is hard to estimate well as it would need a track day, too scary to find the limit in normal traffic!
546 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2016

Latest Nexen N Fera SU1 Reviews

Have you driven on the Nexen N Fera SU1 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the N Fera SU1.

Given 94% while driving a Peugeot 106 (195/45 R19 V) on mostly country roads for 0 spirited miles
I can’t compare fairly to my old tyres as they were different front to rear. I replaced a pair of Firestone Firehawk TZ200 up front and a pair of Falken ZE914 in the rear with a set of these Nexens and so far I am extremely impressed.

Firstly they cost around £20 less than the Firestones and seem to offer better dry grip and certainly more road feedback. They are also a lot quieter when new compared to the Firestones when new. I was going to go for a higher end brand but I happened to check the reviews on here for the N Fera SU1 and they were more than glowing with people comparing them to Continentals and the like, and I have to say, as a first impression I agree.

As a result, my car breaks away far less easily at the rear than with any tyres I’ve had on before these, which is a well known handling characteristic of 90s French front wheel drive cars as I’m sure other owners know, and the front end grip on turn-in is astonishingly good for what is, effectively, a budget brand.

Considering the grip compared to the advantage of only paying around £160 for a full set, I would definitely buy these again for this and other cars that I enjoy performance driving in.
5 - tyre reviewed on May 12, 2019
Given 61% while driving a Hyundai i40 sedan (215/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
Tyres generally grip better than the Hankooks they replaced, particularly when pulling away in the wet.

However, I would not buy them again due to the quality of the rubber compound. After just 7000 miles (in 10 months) we are having to look at replacing them due to cracking inbetween the tread blocks and degradation of the sidewall.
15 - tyre reviewed on April 26, 2019
Given 97% while driving a Mercedes Benz CLS 500 (275/35 R19 W) on mostly motorways for 15,000 easy going miles
These tires performed with a pleasant surprise, I don't know how but they are much better and cheaper than Dunlop Max, which I replaced them with. So much grip that I can't perform a deliberate wheel spin (just for fun sometimes)
16 - tyre reviewed on April 15, 2019
Given 70% while driving a Fiat 1.2 16V (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 16,000 average miles
These tyres worked well in both dry and wet when new. Braking and handling was fine. They were a softer tyre even as XL compared to OEM Conti Premium Contact which lasted 19000 miles. At 16000 miles the Nexens are down to 2.5 mm and are ready for replacement as on a 16" rim the handling and everything else has deteriorated quite rapidly.
15 - tyre reviewed on March 15, 2019
Given 66% while driving a Lexus CT200h (215/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
These are not a good tyre for the Lexus CT200h.

The 91W load rating makes the tyre extremely stiff for this car. The tyre shop said they’d be fine but I wish I’d trusted my instincts and bought a tyre with the 87W load rating.

Added to that, the 72 decibel rating makes this a noisy tyre on this car.

In cold January weather they are capable and up to the job but, all in all, not the right choice for me.
13 - tyre reviewed on January 20, 2019