Nexen N Fera SU1

The Nexen N Fera SU1 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 58 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 436,451 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2014 Auto Zeitung Summer Tyre Test - 7th of 12 tyres

• Overall - The revised Nexen N FERA SU1 is fundamentally solid in the wet, but in the curved aquaplaning tests is floats very early

2014 Auto Bild Top 15 Summer Tyre Test - 10th of 15 tyres

• Positive - Quiet pass-by noise, good price-performance ratio, good economy
  • Negative - Average handling and grip on dry and wet roads

2014 Auto Bild 50 Summer Tyre Shootout - 14th of 50 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nexen N Fera SU1

Questions and Answers for the Nexen N Fera SU1

2018-01-16 - Are these standard tread or directional?

The Nexen N Fera SU1 is an asymmetric tread design, not directional.

Top Nexen N Fera SU1 Review

Given 92% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 3.0 TFSI quattro (255/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I was quite suspicious of the Nexens before buying, but the seller did a good job convincing me. I had bought several tires from him before so I trusted his opinion. Switched from Michelin Pilot Sport 2 to these.

A few thousand km after I'm really happy with them. Quieter than the PS2, better dry and wet grip. Perhaps the progressiveness is a bit worse than on the PS2, but it is hard to estimate well as it would need a track day, too scary to find the limit in normal traffic!
275 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2016

Latest Nexen N Fera SU1 Reviews

Have you driven on the Nexen N Fera SU1 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the N Fera SU1.

Given 95% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 318 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 1 easy going miles
I purchased the Next SU1 tyres having come from Bridgestone Performance Tyres which grip really well, but were considered noisy.

I am driving a BMW 3 Series on 18 Inch Alloys and once I swapped the Bridgestone for the Nexen Tyres I immediately could feel a significant difference in comfort and a reduction in noise.

I am incredibly impressed by the Nexen Tyres as I had never heard of the brand before, but once the Tyre Mechanic convinced me that it was of good quality and manufactured in Korea, I decided to try.

The Nexen Tyres are much more comfortable on the road, and glides over the road and uneven surfaces much better than my previous Bridgestone Potenzas. The Nexens are also much more quieter. Considering that they are also significantly cheaper than the popular brands, I will be sticking to Nexens from now on and swear by them for a good daily driver car's tyres! I am not sure of the performance of them as i do not drive my car hard.

2 - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2018
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Mk7 TSI (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Great tyre!
0 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2018
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo Titanium X (215/50 R17 W) on mostly town for 500 easy going miles
I bought 4 Nexen SU1 for my Mondeo Titanium X ( 2014 Reg ) after having Goodyear Efficient Grip on all 4 and then Pirelli P7 on fronts. To be honest the handling, comfort and road noise on the Nexens is as good or even better BUT, and it's a BIG BIG but for me, I was getting in excess of 50 MPG before the Nexens but am struggling to get 40 MPG on the Nexens. I have had a full geometry test on the car due to excessive wear on the Pirelli P7. Although the Nexens cost £76 opposed to £98-£110 for Goodyear/Pirelli, the MPG will ensure i don't buy Nexens in the future.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 17, 2017
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf 7 GTI PP DSG (225/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Surprisingly these tires are very good. I was doubting them before i bought them, but after the sales man convinced me, i went for them. Plus they are a great deal cheaper than the Pirrellis that i had on my car. I have only had these tires for a day, but i am impressed already. immediately after the tires were fitted on i took the car out for a drive (dry road conditions) and performance of these tires is really good. Honestly there is no difference between these tires and the Pirelli, although i feel like the Nfera SU1 handles better in wet. Later at night it rained very hard, so i took the car out again to test the tires and i could comfortably do 180km/h - 190km/h in heavy heavy rain. Quite impressive !!
14 - tyre reviewed on November 1, 2017