Nexen N Fera SU1

The Nexen N Fera SU1 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Nexen N Fera Sport SU2

Tyre review data from 76 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 532,701 miles driven.

2017 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Shootout - 22nd of 43 tyres

2014 Auto Zeitung Summer Tyre Test - 7th of 12 tyres

• Overall - The revised Nexen N FERA SU1 is fundamentally solid in the wet, but in the curved aquaplaning tests is floats very early

2014 Auto Bild Top 15 Summer Tyre Test - 10th of 15 tyres

• Positive - Quiet pass-by noise, good price-performance ratio, good economy
  • Negative - Average handling and grip on dry and wet roads
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nexen N Fera SU1

Questions and Answers for the Nexen N Fera SU1

2018-01-16 - Are these standard tread or directional?

The Nexen N Fera SU1 is an asymmetric tread design, not directional.

Top Nexen N Fera SU1 Review

Given 92% while driving a Audi A6 3.0 TFSI quattro (255/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I was quite suspicious of the Nexens before buying, but the seller did a good job convincing me. I had bought several tires from him before so I trusted his opinion. Switched from Michelin Pilot Sport 2 to these.

A few thousand km after I'm really happy with them. Quieter than the PS2, better dry and wet grip. Perhaps the progressiveness is a bit worse than on the PS2, but it is hard to estimate well as it would need a track day, too scary to find the limit in normal traffic!
473 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2016

Latest Nexen N Fera SU1 Reviews

Have you driven on the Nexen N Fera SU1 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the N Fera SU1.

Given 66% while driving a Lexus CT200h (215/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
These are not a good tyre for the Lexus CT200h.

The 91W load rating makes the tyre extremely stiff for this car. The tyre shop said they’d be fine but I wish I’d trusted my instincts and bought a tyre with the 87W load rating.

Added to that, the 72 decibel rating makes this a noisy tyre on this car.

In cold January weather they are capable and up to the job but, all in all, not the right choice for me.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 20, 2019
Given 99% while driving a BMW 330d M Sport (255/30 R19) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
When upgrading the rims on my BMW I wanted something predicable I could trust but as the car is only used in the spring summer and autumn didn't want to pay the price for pilot sport 4s. Wanted a good buget brand and looking at Uniroyal rainsport 3 and and hankook evo2 as I've had them on other cars and the grip has been fantastic. So after finding these nexens at a cheaper price than my go to tyres and a A grip rating plus good reviews on here I give them a go and I've not been disappointed. The car being over 300bhp and 600nm and equipped with a LSD you have to be really pushing to get the tail out in the dry . In wet it is very predictable no understeer that I have found. predictable oversteer all in all am very pleased they are lasting well to.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 28, 2018
Given 66% while driving a Subaru Impreza WRX (245/40 R18 W) on track for 10,000 spirited miles
I bought these tyres when I replaced my factory wheels, as they wouldn't clear the upgraded brakes back in 2014.

The compound felt soft, and thr tyres appeared to have a nice tread pattern.

Dry performance on the road has been superb considering the price I paid for these ($150 a corner). I never really took the car out in the rain, so can't really comment on wet performance.

On the track, the tyres were acceptable, but nothing amazing. I found them to be predictable, and I knew their limits, which admittedly was quite early. Once they heated up too much, they would skate around a lot, which wouldn't inspire much confidence. As I've driven them pretty hard, they've started splitting pretty badly along the outside area of the tread, and I've taken it as a sign to retire them, despite them still having plenty of tread life.

I would absolutely recommend these for a road car if you're on a budget, they gripped really well at regular speeds, even with spirited driving. On the street I had so much confidence in these tyres. I would consider these on a low powered track car (maybe something like a Civic or an Excel for example) , but once you move into anything heavier and more powerful, it would be worth moving to a better tyre.
4 - tyre reviewed on November 18, 2018
Given 53% while driving a Hyundai Sonata LF 2.0 2016 (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
HI
This tire is good at handling
7 - tyre reviewed on October 22, 2018
Given 67% while driving a Mazda 6 (225/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 7,000 spirited miles
Bought 4 new tyres for my 2009 Mazda 6 2.5 Petrol Hatchback, UK model. Payed £65 per corner, fitted. Tyre ratings are C and C.

They are generally good tyres... Dry and wet grip are good, noise is low and comfort is good. After 7000 miles the fronts are at 4mm and rears at 6mm so swapped around as the car is starting to understeer badly in the wet. So, not very long lasting tyres on this Mazda and I would not buy again as the price doesn't warrant the short life and average sporting performance. Probably decent tyres for a slower, more progressive driver.
5 - tyre reviewed on September 21, 2018