Nexen N Fera SU4

Nexen N Fera SU4 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 80% while driving a Mazda 6 Tourer 2.2D Sport (225/45 R19) on mostly motorways for 27,000 average miles
I have had these tyres on the front for 27000 miles over 2 years. Still 4mm left. Seem good with no problems to date. I do a lot of motorway long distance and have been across europe on these with no issue. Now need a set of tyres for the back and will most likely get these again
5 - tyre reviewed on June 1, 2019
Given 81% while driving a Ford Fiesta mk7 (195/45 R16) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Fitted these tyres early last year. I am in the process of changing from the stock Titanium wheels to aftermarket wheels, otherwise I would still be using the current tyres. Dry grip is excellent and so is wet grid, most of the roads I use are uneven and rough. Road noise is present, but not unbearable. I still have about 2mm of thread left. These tyres hold out well on rough roads and potholes.
Would recommend and buy again.
19 - tyre reviewed on January 18, 2019
Given 76% while driving a Mazda 3 Series (215/45 R18) on mostly motorways for 20 spirited miles
Very good tyre for the price. Would recommend
5 - tyre reviewed on January 8, 2019
Given 89% while driving a Ford Focus ST 225 (2003 2007) (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 500 spirited miles
Usually i am a tyre snob but i heard a lot of good things about nexen and about how good value for money they are so i thought there worth a punt.
First off i bought the SU1's and fitted them to the front of my Focus ST which is running 350bhp and 400lbft. These tyres where good a good all rounder for the price but i wanted better traction in the dry so i decided to go for the the SU4's after reading some of the reviews.
The SU4's are fantastic for the price grip is up there with the big brands they are also very comfortable and relatively quiet with good road feedback, i can't really comment on wear as ive only had them a month but the soft compound big named sporty tyres are hardly hard wearing so if im getting 6-8 month of spirited driving out of these for the price its a no brainer.
Over all im over the moon with these they are well worth the price and i would recommend them to anyone.
39 - tyre reviewed on July 28, 2018
Given 99% while driving a Mercedes Benz SLK 350 (225/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 21,000 spirited miles
I had them for 2 years and 21k miles. I drove my car every day in all weather conditions, sometimes i push it hard, never had any problems.
I change them today and they still have 2mm of ruber, put new nexen su4 again.
56 - tyre reviewed on October 23, 2017
Given 89% while driving a Volkswagen Golf (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 3,500 average miles
I put these tyres on the rear wheels and i am so surprised by the good quality of these tyres. They are about 40% cheaper than the big brands but they are obviously quiet and stable, and have very good grip both in dry and wet. Relatively speaking, this tyre may not the best as far as wear is comcerned, but I don't mind because I ll change my tyres after about 15000 km anyway.
26 - tyre reviewed on July 30, 2017
Given 97% while driving a Nissan Qashqai (225/45 R19) on mostly country roads for 500 average miles
Had these tyres fitted some two weeks ago, as good as the continentals taken off.I would say the road noise is less and grip is equally as good at less than half the price.
26 - tyre reviewed on June 15, 2017
Given 73% while driving a Audi A4 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Purchased a pre owned Audi A4 1.8t that had Nexen Su4 225 45 17 already fitted on by the dealer. I had never heard of this brand before but was extremely impressed on how quiet this tyre was and how smooth and silent the ride felt with the lowest rolling resistance I have ever experienced on a tyre. This tyre is best suited for a conservative driver as I did not feel there was enough cornering ability as the car would roll over in corners. Also under hard cornering the tyre felt like it was rolling over the rim. Only had the tyres on for 4000km and then changed to good year Eagle f1 which provides the best all round performance. Reason for changing was the tyre was hopping...it not completely round... not sure what this was due to. As I had lower grade replica rims and not sure if this caused the shape of the tyre to change. I still think this tyre deserves some credit for the price and quality of comfort it offers as compared to other premium brands. PS... the supplier of the tyres happily gave me a credit on the faulty tyres.
So if you are someone that's not fussy about how a tyre performs give this one a try...hopefully my experience with the tyre issue was rare once off as most people on this blog have praised this tyre. I am tempted to try it again though... maybe I had a bad batch???
11 - tyre reviewed on June 5, 2017