Nexen N8000

Progressiveness 66%
Nexen N8000

The Nexen N8000 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 57 tyre reviews averaging 74% over 368,727 miles driven.

215/55 R16 97W XL   C C 74
275/35 R19 100W
245/40 R19 98W   E C 74
255/40 R19 100Y XL   E C 74

Questions and Answers for the Nexen N8000

2016-03-26 - Just put 4 n8000 on my audi a4. Why are they so noisey is that normal????

While the Nexen N8000 hasn't been featured in a test in recent years, in one test in 2013 is was particularly recommended as a quiet tyre (details can be found here. Depending on just how noisy the new tyre is, we'd suggest getting your alignment checked to ensure even wear, or checking the pressures.
One thing worth noting is that a lot of noise comes from tread pattern, so all other things being equal, a tyre with more tread depth will be noisier.

Top Nexen N8000 Reviews

Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Audi 1.8T Quattro (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 3,200 spirited miles
Had these fitted 3,200 miles ago downgraded from Continental Sport Contact 5. Can say nothing bad really. Handle pretty good, very quiet not as quiet as the Continental but you get what you pay for. (Im not going to spend and extra £70 per corner just to cut the road noise down a little by 2db) Rather just buy a car which generally gives low road noise (Mercedes, Rangerover, Jaguar)
People say they are Budget tyres but they actually are Mid-Rage a key supplier to many of the leading car manufacturers such as Hyundai, Kia, Vauxhall, Volkswagen, Chevrolet, Corvette (do your research you will be shocked) This is the main reason I purchased them
I have done over 3000 miles and the tread is exactly the same mileage wise they seem like they will last forever.
Highly recommended, Will definitely buy again!
7 | - tyre reviewed on May 2, 2016
Given 78% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon FR+ (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
Bought these to replace my ps3s, which were amazing in wet and dry conditions, however budget constraints meant had to replace with something cheaper. Initially for the first 500 miles or so they were awful, then after dropping my tyre pressure and they had worn in, they have started to perform well, pretty grippy in wet and dry conditions, can confidently hit bends at similar speeds with ps3s on, will probably try something else but for the money well worth it, far better than other budget brands hands down! Give them a try if you're on a budget, you don't b disappointed.
6 | - tyre reviewed on March 28, 2016
Given 57% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Yeti (225/50 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
I bought a used and approved 3 year old Yeti 2.0 tdi (fwd wth 17" alloys) with a full set of four fitted to the vehicle, with rears measuring approximately 8mm and the fronts 7mm, so whilst not brand new, hardly used in real terms. I wouldn't normally go for a budget brand, but after reading some positive and balanced reviews on this website, and the tyres so close to a brand new tread depth, I decided to be open minded and stick with them to see how I got on.

After covering 5K on the full set, my report is a mixed bag. Good Points were ride comfort good on Motorways, acceptable wear rate and good stability in hard braking conditions. However my two biggest gripes were 1. high road noise and 2. lack of feedback and grip.

The road noise I could live with as after all they were a budget tyre, so there had to be a compromise somewhere, but the absence of feedback, feel and grip offered by this tyre in anything other than bone dry conditions was for me a deal breaker. I am not a sporty driver, but when driving on a wet dark country road at night (something my daily commute regularly involves), I need to be able to turn the steering wheel in the bends and feel confident there will be grip for me. I also need to be able to pull away from junctions in the wet without the wheels spinning up and the traction control light blinking at me at only light throttle. Add into the equation wheel wobble becoming progressively worse once the fronts were only half worn, I replaced them with a set of Goodyear Efficient Grip performance, which for my vehicle are far superior in every respect and my fuel economy improved by a couple of mpg too, which justified the decision further.

Summary: OK for the money, and if you have a very 'Steady Eddie' driving style, but a classic example of you get what you pay for, and when the only thing between you and the road is your tyres, why cut corners?
3 | - tyre reviewed on September 7, 2016

Latest Nexen N8000 Reviews

3 | - tyre reviewed on September 7, 2016
Given 72% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn DS3 THP 150 (205/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 700 average miles
Before buying, I read many reviews on this tyre and I can confirm the qualities and downsides of this tire. That is, they ride very quietly and comfortably, however steering precision is poor as a result of soft walls. In a sports cars, you may want a premium brand if you don't want to lose agility. On the other hand, they can be highly recommended for low powered cars and if low cost is a priority. I'm happy for having saved a lot of money choosing them over the Michelins Pilot Exalto 2 that come originally in my car, although these are undoubtedly better tyres.
1 | - tyre reviewed on July 30, 2016
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 530i M sport (275/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 25 average miles
Great tyres which I would recommend for anyone driving an E60 BMW. Very comfortable and quiet. Great grip in the dry and in wet conditions. My vehicle has nearly 300bhp and these tyres coped very well with the power. I had previously run on Conti's which I must admit are sheer class, particularly in wet conditions but these Nexen Tyres were just as good and for a fraction of the price. The only difference is that with the Conti's, the traction control warning light never engaged but it did on a few occasions with the Nexen's although this was nothing serious to worry about. These tyres suited my vehicle perfectly and were recommended to me by a tyre specialist - he was spot on! Great tyres in terms of wear too with my rear tyres getting nearly 25,000 miles.
0 | - tyre reviewed on July 25, 2016
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330d M Sport (275/30 R19) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I have been pleasantly surprised with these tyres, they hold the road very well in the dry and seem to be hardly wearing. More than enough grip to have confidence on country roads and I have no reservations about using them on my Nurburgring trip this year.
-1 | - tyre reviewed on June 14, 2016
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai Sonata LF 2.0 2016 (245/35 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Use before Pirelli P Zero, F1A2...
They are all noiser than these N8000.
Price wise, N8000 is just a friction of them.
One pc of Pirelli P Zero i could have bought 2pcs of N8000.
Of course it is made from different country. One is germany the another one is korea.
Good and bad, N8000 definitely is a quieter tyres. Grip wise a little inferior to P Zero for sure.
Definitely will go for N8000!!!
0 | - tyre reviewed on June 9, 2016