Nexen N8000

Show all: Nexen tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Nexen N8000 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 32 tyre reviews averaging 73% over 166,562 miles driven.

Nexen N8000

65%

79%

73%

Nexen N8000 Reviews

Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a BMW M3 (275-30-19-W)
Absolutely love them. I bought them for the back on my e46 M3, pushing 362 bhp, my car has never gripped so well, we or dry. I had michiline ps2 but they didn't last much.. Couldn't be happier with these
tyre reviewed on November 22, 2014
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a BMW E46 M3 (275-30-19-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
These tyres are amazing, really, I had michiline ps2 on the rear and had worn all too quickly, this tyre was a great surprize. I had read the reviews and decided to give them a go. Once the initial break in period had passed, these tyres gripped like a mofo on wet and dry, I really recommend them
tyre reviewed on November 21, 2014
Looking to buy the Nexen N8000? Click here to search for the best price for the Nexen N8000 or any other tyre.

Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru wrx turbo (215-35-18-W)
Driving on track for 1,000 spirited miles
Better than anything else I've put on my 400 bhp track day scooby 1997 :)
Happy days :)
tyre reviewed on November 15, 2014
Given 19% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda RX8 (225-45-18-)
Fitted to the rear of a Mazda RX8 the stability on these tyres is appalling. They 'tramline' so badly the car can travel 30cm (that's a foot in caveman measurements) sideways uncommanded even in dry conditions. It feels as though they are flat.

Also the grip is so bad they cause the DSC (dynamic stability control) to activate repeatedly. I suspect the reason for both of these shortcomings is that they have enormous gaps between lines of tread which means the tread is able to flex laterally.

I am taking mine back to the tyre shop tomorrow!
tyre reviewed on October 26, 2014
Given 23% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type R (205-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly town for 100 spirited miles
Had these fitted as part of the deal having bought a car that needed new tyres. Test drove the car on bald under inflated bridgestones yet once I changed to the nexen I think I would have rather took my chances! Simply the side walls are too soft. The construction is cheap and the roll in the tyre is so noticeable you think your on flats and that's just normal driving. Don't dare push them! Maybe ok on the family car but a firm setup car shows this up immediately. They will be on eBay next week! No confidence in them at all. Don't buy cheap I usually don't!
tyre reviewed on August 16, 2014
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 TDI QUATTRO SLINE 170bhp (225-45-18-)
Had two N8000's on the front of my A3 as a distress purchase December 2012 (had a ruptured tyre and garage only had the Nexens) and have done about 15,000 miles. Now just under 2mm so time for them to be changed.

Nowhere near as bad as I thought they'd be. They did take 500 miles to scrub in and were truly awful at the start. But after the initial period there was a vast improvement.

They are nosier than the brand leaders and don't feel quite as nice to drive. Grip is good, but the ride slightly harsher and they are fairly noisy.

Upside: Cheap. Far better than other tyres in their price range. Worth a look if on a budget or if you are planning on selling the car at some stage.

Downside: No rim protection at all leaves you being ultra cautious near kerbs. Seemed to initially wear very fast but then slow down (but who wants to drive around on 2mm of tread?)

If I wanted a good pair of tyres that wouldn't break the bank but were safe for 6 months prior to selling the car, I'd look at the Nexens. But
tyre reviewed on August 10, 2014
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Lancia (205-55-16-W)
Good tire when compare to cots.
High load and speed index make tire relaible.
Get hot very fast. Fuel save performance poor. A litle noisy.
Hot and fest driving; it slips on the sharp corners.
tyre reviewed on August 6, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan 370Z (225-45-17-)
I'm going to sound like I work for the company but I just can't believe these tyres!! Iv'e got them on a Nissan 370Z so a bit of a beast and these tyres are very much at home.

When I viewed the car it had bridgestones on it and the dealer said he would replace as they were bald - I was fuming when I picked it up to find no Bridgestones and something called Nexen's !!!

Was going to take it back but then ....wow..... pushed them and pushed them and they far outperform the Bridgestones at about a quarter of the price. Cornering at speed in wet or dry rock solid. Stopping distances almost instant !

Absolutely stunning tyre for the money - would happily pay Bridgestone/Pirelli prices for these !!
tyre reviewed on June 13, 2014
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 206 GTi 137 (205-40-17-W)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on June 10, 2014
Given 51% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic FD2 (225-45-17-)
I'm using this set of tires on Honda Civic for 14 months. Wet & Dry grip is quite impressive. but the noise provided by these tires is kind of loud.
worth the buy.
tyre reviewed on May 27, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: