Nexen N8000

Show all: Nexen tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Nexen N8000 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 22 tyre reviews averaging 75% over 101,562 miles driven.

Nexen N8000

65%

83%

72%

Nexen N8000 Reviews

Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A8 (235-55-17-W)
I have used these tyres for 18 months/32,000KM.
I am very impressed with them as they cost 1/3 to 1/2 as much as their predecessors and have better grip. They have worn pretty evenly but quite quickly but not really bad. The only time I had to use them in an emergency stop, it was in sleet/rain from about 50mph and I was stunned I was anle to stop short but when I started braking I though a collision was inevitable. The tyres are near silent on smooth modern tarmac but seem to transmit the sound of bumps. They are noisy on older open-aggregate roads known as metalchip in the UK. I would buy them again if I was still on a budget, but I am not now, so will get uniroyal rainsport 3.
tyre reviewed on February 2, 2014
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Proton Perdana 4G63T Fwd (215-50-17-)
just passed around 30,000km with the N8000s and they're due for a change.
really like the tyre. best bang for buck..
dry grip, wet grip, aquaplaning resistance, comfort, all are very good.
i'm a spirited driver who loves corners and the tyre surprised me with very good grip and very good wear as a front tyre for a 1.4tonne fwd turbo car..
tyre reviewed on January 22, 2014
Looking to buy the Nexen N8000? Click here to search for the best price for the Nexen N8000 or any other tyre.

Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda MX5 (205-45-16-)
Driving on mostly town for 1,000 spirited miles
I've bought 2 of these and put them on the rear of my Mazda MX-5 to replace old GoodYear Eagle F1.
As I'm considered these tires are best-buy: smooth, quite, comfortable, very good in wet conditions.
I've bought them because Auto-Bild judged them as "recommended" with excellent mark in wet conditions (as we have lot of rainy days throughout the year) and because they are 40% cheaper than the others in 205-45-ZR16.
Several times I tried a forced oversteer on a smooth surfaced corners but the car keep it's path with low creak where the 3-year-old F1 failed.
And now, after 3 months I'll buy another set of 2 for the front wheels.

For heavy weight sport cars and extremely spirited drives I would recommend to look further due to soft compound (soft shoulders) but all the others wouldn't be disappointed in any way with N8000.
tyre reviewed on October 7, 2013
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Proton Satria GTI 2.0 Turbo (205-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
The pro's of this tyre are:
1. Very low noise
2. Comfortable
3. Good straightline grip

The con's
1. Soft sidewall
2. Wear fast

The verdict:

If your car is not a heavy car, this would suit you well. Mine is very heavy on the front since the engine is sourced out from Evolution II. The soft sidewall rolls during hard cornering letting off the grip.. Braking during hard cornering is very dangerous.. However, for straightline speed and braking, the grip is on par with some other hi-performance tyres..
tyre reviewed on August 9, 2013
Given 38% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 325i M Sport (255-35-18-)
I made the mistake of putting Nexen n8000s on the back of my e46 325i sport, with RE040s on the front. I had always used RE040s all round. In an attempt to save money, I tried n8000s. They have an incredibly soft side wall that made the car borderline dangerous, losing traction suddenly through innocuous corners. These corners I had previously taken with no issues at all whilst driving in a measured fashion. They are reasonably quiet, and ok in the wet. Can't speak for wear as I took them off after 1000 miles, put on RE040s, and the car is back to normal. May be better if all four tyres are nexens but I strongly advise not letting n8000s near the e46 3 series.
tyre reviewed on June 22, 2013
Given 48% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320d (265-30-19-W)
If you are a spirited driver then stay away from these.
These tyres are only good for comfortable ride and low noise.
Thats it, nothing more.
They do not match the top range tyres in terms of performance

The sidewalls are so soft that you think that the tyre is bending like hell when you drive spirited and corner fast.
tyre reviewed on April 26, 2013
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320d (265-30-19-W)
Installed on my BMW 320d E92 Coupe 2007 model. Replaced my Run-Flat Bridgestone tyres. This is what I wanted. Better ride comfort, low noise, and good handling. You can feel that the tyre is softer than the run flats.

For the price this is a very good tyre
tyre reviewed on March 28, 2013
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar X Type 2.0 FWD (225-45-17-)
Nice smooth tyre with good handling, but only lasted about 7000 miles to the wear marker, not goood.
tyre reviewed on March 8, 2013
Given 40% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus ST170 (225-45-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 12 spirited miles
Tyre proved quite good when new but after a few miles the grip in the wet disapeared completely but lasted quite a while for a budjet tyre
tyre reviewed on February 5, 2013
Given 37% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo (225-40-18-W)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on January 18, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: