Nexen N8000

Show all: Nexen tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Nexen N8000 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 36 tyre reviews averaging 72% over 180,662 miles driven.

Nexen N8000

64%

79%

69%

Nexen N8000 Reviews

Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Audi TT (225-50-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 600 average miles
Do not like them at all. Put a set of these on my TT in a moment of skintness and it was a huge mistake. The car now has no lateral grip in the dry and the tyre walls are so soft that it wobbles and leans around corners and exhibits massive understeer.

The ride is extremely floaty, vague and imprecise, yet every single bump seems to be transmitted into the cabin. Car doesn't feel like it's travelling in a straight line and doesn't ride smoothly.

The only saving grace is they're very good at dealing with wet roads.

Will be replacing the front tyres with something decent as soon as I can put the funds together.
tyre reviewed on May 20, 2015
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Evolution (235-40-18-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 500 spirited miles
I've used this set of tyres for a month or so.

The dry grip is there but it's just not enough for me. The tyre really shines in wet condition. I can drive up to 160-170KM/H during heavy pour. Thanks to its large grooves.

The downside of this tyre is the sidewall is way too soft.They should categorized this tyre under comfort not UHP.
tyre reviewed on December 22, 2014
Looking to buy the Nexen N8000? Click here to search for the best price for the Nexen N8000 or any other tyre.

Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors (225-45-18-)
The tyres were bought to replace Nexen7000 which gripped well wet or dry but wore to the point of needing replacement after just 8000 miles, being driven by my wife and myself at a steady pace. The other problem was cracking around the shoulders and tread. Unfortunately the nexen 8000 is cracking just the same. At least were getting to 11000 miles now the tyres need replacing again. Looking for an alternative now.
tyre reviewed on December 20, 2014
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Yeti (225-45-17-)
These are great tyres, better in most respects over the Dunlop SP01's they replaced. Only Mpg suffers in comparison. Otherwise, handling, feedback, comfort and noise are all better. Incredible as they were less than half the price. The wear seems good, with no change to tread and resisting picking up nails/metal shards in the 8 weeks I've had them (the Dunlops were magnets, maybe I was unlucky with them!)
tyre reviewed on December 6, 2014
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a BMW M3 (275-30-19-W)
Absolutely love them. I bought them for the back on my e46 M3, pushing 362 bhp, my car has never gripped so well, we or dry. I had michiline ps2 but they didn't last much.. Couldn't be happier with these
tyre reviewed on November 22, 2014
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a BMW E46 M3 (275-30-19-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
These tyres are amazing, really, I had michiline ps2 on the rear and had worn all too quickly, this tyre was a great surprize. I had read the reviews and decided to give them a go. Once the initial break in period had passed, these tyres gripped like a mofo on wet and dry, I really recommend them
tyre reviewed on November 21, 2014
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru wrx turbo (215-35-18-W)
Driving on track for 1,000 spirited miles
Better than anything else I've put on my 400 bhp track day scooby 1997 :)
Happy days :)
tyre reviewed on November 15, 2014
Given 19% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda RX8 (225-45-18-)
Fitted to the rear of a Mazda RX8 the stability on these tyres is appalling. They 'tramline' so badly the car can travel 30cm (that's a foot in caveman measurements) sideways uncommanded even in dry conditions. It feels as though they are flat.

Also the grip is so bad they cause the DSC (dynamic stability control) to activate repeatedly. I suspect the reason for both of these shortcomings is that they have enormous gaps between lines of tread which means the tread is able to flex laterally.

I am taking mine back to the tyre shop tomorrow!
tyre reviewed on October 26, 2014
Given 23% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type R (205-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly town for 100 spirited miles
Had these fitted as part of the deal having bought a car that needed new tyres. Test drove the car on bald under inflated bridgestones yet once I changed to the nexen I think I would have rather took my chances! Simply the side walls are too soft. The construction is cheap and the roll in the tyre is so noticeable you think your on flats and that's just normal driving. Don't dare push them! Maybe ok on the family car but a firm setup car shows this up immediately. They will be on eBay next week! No confidence in them at all. Don't buy cheap I usually don't!
tyre reviewed on August 16, 2014
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 TDI QUATTRO SLINE 170bhp (225-45-18-)
Had two N8000's on the front of my A3 as a distress purchase December 2012 (had a ruptured tyre and garage only had the Nexens) and have done about 15,000 miles. Now just under 2mm so time for them to be changed.

Nowhere near as bad as I thought they'd be. They did take 500 miles to scrub in and were truly awful at the start. But after the initial period there was a vast improvement.

They are nosier than the brand leaders and don't feel quite as nice to drive. Grip is good, but the ride slightly harsher and they are fairly noisy.

Upside: Cheap. Far better than other tyres in their price range. Worth a look if on a budget or if you are planning on selling the car at some stage.

Downside: No rim protection at all leaves you being ultra cautious near kerbs. Seemed to initially wear very fast but then slow down (but who wants to drive around on 2mm of tread?)

If I wanted a good pair of tyres that wouldn't break the bank but were safe for 6 months prior to selling the car, I'd look at the Nexens. But
tyre reviewed on August 10, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: