Nexen N8000

Show all: Nexen tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Nexen N8000 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 28 tyre reviews averaging 74% over 162,562 miles driven.

Nexen N8000

65%

80%

73%

Nexen N8000 Reviews

Given 23% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type R (205-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly town for 100 spirited miles
Had these fitted as part of the deal having bought a car that needed new tyres. Test drove the car on bald under inflated bridgestones yet once I changed to the nexen I think I would have rather took my chances! Simply the side walls are too soft. The construction is cheap and the roll in the tyre is so noticeable you think your on flats and that's just normal driving. Don't dare push them! Maybe ok on the family car but a firm setup car shows this up immediately. They will be on eBay next week! No confidence in them at all. Don't buy cheap I usually don't!
tyre reviewed on August 16, 2014
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 TDI QUATTRO SLINE 170bhp (225-45-18-)
Had two N8000's on the front of my A3 as a distress purchase December 2012 (had a ruptured tyre and garage only had the Nexens) and have done about 15,000 miles. Now just under 2mm so time for them to be changed.

Nowhere near as bad as I thought they'd be. They did take 500 miles to scrub in and were truly awful at the start. But after the initial period there was a vast improvement.

They are nosier than the brand leaders and don't feel quite as nice to drive. Grip is good, but the ride slightly harsher and they are fairly noisy.

Upside: Cheap. Far better than other tyres in their price range. Worth a look if on a budget or if you are planning on selling the car at some stage.

Downside: No rim protection at all leaves you being ultra cautious near kerbs. Seemed to initially wear very fast but then slow down (but who wants to drive around on 2mm of tread?)

If I wanted a good pair of tyres that wouldn't break the bank but were safe for 6 months prior to selling the car, I'd look at the Nexens. But
tyre reviewed on August 10, 2014
Looking to buy the Nexen N8000? Click here to search for the best price for the Nexen N8000 or any other tyre.

Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Lancia (205-55-16-W)
Good tire when compare to cots.
High load and speed index make tire relaible.
Get hot very fast. Fuel save performance poor. A litle noisy.
Hot and fest driving; it slips on the sharp corners.
tyre reviewed on August 6, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan 370Z (225-45-17-)
I'm going to sound like I work for the company but I just can't believe these tyres!! Iv'e got them on a Nissan 370Z so a bit of a beast and these tyres are very much at home.

When I viewed the car it had bridgestones on it and the dealer said he would replace as they were bald - I was fuming when I picked it up to find no Bridgestones and something called Nexen's !!!

Was going to take it back but then ....wow..... pushed them and pushed them and they far outperform the Bridgestones at about a quarter of the price. Cornering at speed in wet or dry rock solid. Stopping distances almost instant !

Absolutely stunning tyre for the money - would happily pay Bridgestone/Pirelli prices for these !!
tyre reviewed on June 13, 2014
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 206 GTi 137 (205-40-17-W)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on June 10, 2014
Given 51% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic FD2 (225-45-17-)
I'm using this set of tires on Honda Civic for 14 months. Wet & Dry grip is quite impressive. but the noise provided by these tires is kind of loud.
worth the buy.
tyre reviewed on May 27, 2014
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A8 (235-55-17-W)
I have used these tyres for 18 months/32,000KM.
I am very impressed with them as they cost 1/3 to 1/2 as much as their predecessors and have better grip. They have worn pretty evenly but quite quickly but not really bad. The only time I had to use them in an emergency stop, it was in sleet/rain from about 50mph and I was stunned I was anle to stop short but when I started braking I though a collision was inevitable. The tyres are near silent on smooth modern tarmac but seem to transmit the sound of bumps. They are noisy on older open-aggregate roads known as metalchip in the UK. I would buy them again if I was still on a budget, but I am not now, so will get uniroyal rainsport 3.
tyre reviewed on February 2, 2014
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Proton Perdana 4G63T Fwd (215-50-17-)
just passed around 30,000km with the N8000s and they're due for a change.
really like the tyre. best bang for buck..
dry grip, wet grip, aquaplaning resistance, comfort, all are very good.
i'm a spirited driver who loves corners and the tyre surprised me with very good grip and very good wear as a front tyre for a 1.4tonne fwd turbo car..
tyre reviewed on January 22, 2014
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda MX5 (205-45-16-)
Driving on mostly town for 1,000 spirited miles
I've bought 2 of these and put them on the rear of my Mazda MX-5 to replace old GoodYear Eagle F1.
As I'm considered these tires are best-buy: smooth, quite, comfortable, very good in wet conditions.
I've bought them because Auto-Bild judged them as "recommended" with excellent mark in wet conditions (as we have lot of rainy days throughout the year) and because they are 40% cheaper than the others in 205-45-ZR16.
Several times I tried a forced oversteer on a smooth surfaced corners but the car keep it's path with low creak where the 3-year-old F1 failed.
And now, after 3 months I'll buy another set of 2 for the front wheels.

For heavy weight sport cars and extremely spirited drives I would recommend to look further due to soft compound (soft shoulders) but all the others wouldn't be disappointed in any way with N8000.
tyre reviewed on October 7, 2013
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Proton Satria GTI 2.0 Turbo (205-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
The pro's of this tyre are:
1. Very low noise
2. Comfortable
3. Good straightline grip

The con's
1. Soft sidewall
2. Wear fast

The verdict:

If your car is not a heavy car, this would suit you well. Mine is very heavy on the front since the engine is sourced out from Evolution II. The soft sidewall rolls during hard cornering letting off the grip.. Braking during hard cornering is very dangerous.. However, for straightline speed and braking, the grip is on par with some other hi-performance tyres..
tyre reviewed on August 9, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: