Nexen N8000

Nexen N8000

The Nexen N8000 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 60 tyre reviews averaging 73% over 379,727 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2013 Auto Bild Performance Summer Tyre Test - 3rd of 8 tyres

• Positive - A strong all all-rounder with a balanced performance on wet and dry conditions.¬†Stable running, short braking distances, excellent ride comfort and low noise
  • Negative - Average rolling resistance. Subjectively a little numb

2012 Auto Bild 20 inch Tyre Test - 6th of 8 tyres

• Positive - Good curved aquaplaning, neutral handling.
  • Negative - Slightly increased rolling resistance.

2012 EVO Summer Tyre Test - 10th of 10 tyres

• Overall - While the Nexen N8000 might be the least expensive tyre on test, it proves that you get what you pay for by being slowest by a fair margin in the wet, and subjectively one of the worst tyres on test
215/55 R16 97W XL   C C 74
275/35 R19 100W
245/40 R19 98W   E C 74
255/40 R19 100Y XL   E C 74

Questions and Answers for the Nexen N8000

2016-03-26 - Just put 4 n8000 on my audi a4. Why are they so noisey is that normal????

While the Nexen N8000 hasn't been featured in a test in recent years, in one test in 2013 is was particularly recommended as a quiet tyre (details can be found here. Depending on just how noisy the new tyre is, we'd suggest getting your alignment checked to ensure even wear, or checking the pressures.
One thing worth noting is that a lot of noise comes from tread pattern, so all other things being equal, a tyre with more tread depth will be noisier.

Top Nexen N8000 Review

Given 78% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon FR+ (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
Bought these to replace my ps3s, which were amazing in wet and dry conditions, however budget constraints meant had to replace with something cheaper. Initially for the first 500 miles or so they were awful, then after dropping my tyre pressure and they had worn in, they have started to perform well, pretty grippy in wet and dry conditions, can confidently hit bends at similar speeds with ps3s on, will probably try something else but for the money well worth it, far better than other budget brands hands down! Give them a try if you're on a budget, you don't b disappointed.
14 - tyre reviewed on March 28, 2016

Latest Nexen N8000 Reviews

Have you driven on the Nexen N8000 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the N8000.

Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Vectra SRi 2.2i 150 (215/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
I work at a large dealership and the tyre reps introduced us to these with raving reviews, so i thought as i was due some new tyres i would give these a go, and they truly are very very good. Less road noise and comfier than Avon ZV7, Just as much grip as permium brands. Although i have not had them on long, and cannot comment on how long they can / will last, I am basing this review on my impression from new and over 1000 miles. Very wel worth a look if you are tight on pennies.Mine are 215/45/17W - I have them on an 02 plate Vectra B with the 2.2 150 engine with 17" wheels, i cannot tell a difference in comfort from when i swapped from my 16" wheels with 205/55/16W tyres, It handles better, much sharper and responsive.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 23, 2016
Given 31% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda MK1 Octavia VRS (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
The worst tyre i ever put too soft that in every turn or change direction i was felt my car loose i can say tha this tyre turn my car handling to worst!!!
1 - tyre reviewed on October 30, 2016
BMW (225/50 R17) on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
For me it was a bad experience using these tires. Not excel in comfort. They are very rigid. In the chapter "wear" are very good, I feel like I'll never get rid of them. If you use the city's worst roads I do not recommend them. Motorway behave well, they are quiet and as I said do not wear out.
4 - tyre reviewed on October 10, 2016
Given 57% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Yeti (225/50 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
I bought a used and approved 3 year old Yeti 2.0 tdi (fwd wth 17" alloys) with a full set of four fitted to the vehicle, with rears measuring approximately 8mm and the fronts 7mm, so whilst not brand new, hardly used in real terms. I wouldn't normally go for a budget brand, but after reading some positive and balanced reviews on this website, and the tyres so close to a brand new tread depth, I decided to be open minded and stick with them to see how I got on.

After covering 5K on the full set, my report is a mixed bag. Good Points were ride comfort good on Motorways, acceptable wear rate and good stability in hard braking conditions. However my two biggest gripes were 1. high road noise and 2. lack of feedback and grip.

The road noise I could live with as after all they were a budget tyre, so there had to be a compromise somewhere, but the absence of feedback, feel and grip offered by this tyre in anything other than bone dry conditions was for me a deal breaker. I am not a sporty driver, but when driving on a wet dark country road at night (something my daily commute regularly involves), I need to be able to turn the steering wheel in the bends and feel confident there will be grip for me. I also need to be able to pull away from junctions in the wet without the wheels spinning up and the traction control light blinking at me at only light throttle. Add into the equation wheel wobble becoming progressively worse once the fronts were only half worn, I replaced them with a set of Goodyear Efficient Grip performance, which for my vehicle are far superior in every respect and my fuel economy improved by a couple of mpg too, which justified the decision further.

Summary: OK for the money, and if you have a very 'Steady Eddie' driving style, but a classic example of you get what you pay for, and when the only thing between you and the road is your tyres, why cut corners?
4 - tyre reviewed on September 7, 2016
Given 72% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn DS3 THP 150 (205/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 700 average miles
Before buying, I read many reviews on this tyre and I can confirm the qualities and downsides of this tire. That is, they ride very quietly and comfortably, however steering precision is poor as a result of soft walls. In a sports cars, you may want a premium brand if you don't want to lose agility. On the other hand, they can be highly recommended for low powered cars and if low cost is a priority. I'm happy for having saved a lot of money choosing them over the Michelins Pilot Exalto 2 that come originally in my car, although these are undoubtedly better tyres.
2 - tyre reviewed on July 30, 2016