Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9

The Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

The new Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 studded tyre adapts to all forms of winter in a skilful and balanced manner. The unique, patented Nokian Tyres Functional Stud Concept is at the heart of the new product. The different studs that operate during braking, acceleration and cornering ensure easy and comfortable driving even on the worst winter days.

In addition to excellent longitudinal grip, the world’s first functional stud solution offers drivers supreme lateral grip on icy and snowy driving surfaces. Nokian Tyres’ new tread pattern technology also offers stable bare-road handling. The Hakkapeliitta 9 behaves in a controlled and logical manner under extreme conditions at the grip limits, and it rolls lighter than the previous studded Hakkapeliitta generation, which results in fuel savings. The comfortably silent rolling noise supplements the green nature of this winter road champion.

The modern product range is designed for small family cars and sporty vehicles alike, and it covers 52 sizes from 14 inches to 20 inches. Most of them are marked XL for the highest possible load capacity in that particular size. The extensive and modern selection for the flagship product from the world’s northernmost tyre manufacturer will be available for the winter tyre season of autumn 2017.

This tyre replaced the Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8

Tyre review data from 3 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 1,401 miles driven.

2018 Vi Studded Winter Tyre Test - 2nd of 8 tyres

• Positive - Joint top on ice, quick steering reactions and a stable neutral balance allows excellent control in winter conditions.
  • Negative - Relatively long stopping distances in the dry and wet.

2017 Autocenter Studded Winter Tyre Test - 1st of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good ice grip and handling, low fuel use
  • Negative - Noisy
  • Overall - The Finnish Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 provides the car with good acceleration and braking on ice. The car responds well to the steering wheel, and in case of a slide, it is easy to regain control. On wet roads it grips well in corners, but there is a tendency to drift in the dry.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9

Questions and Answers for the Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9

2018-01-21 - How many PSI in a Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 studded H215/55R17 please.

The tyre pressure for the Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 is vehicle and load specific. The correct tyre pressure for your vehicle can usually be found on a sticker in the door shut of the driver's door, or in the manufacturer's handbook.

Top Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 Review

Given 17% while driving a Honda Ridgeline (245/60 R18 T) on mostly town for 101 average miles
I have only had the tires for a few days now so I have very little actual feedback. What i do know is that they are the loudest winter tires I have ever had. I have been a Nokian tire man for many years so I'm sure there is something wrong with this particular set of tires. The shop tried to balance them twice but they still shake the vehicle. I noticed when one of the tires was on the balancer that it wasn't round and had a high spot?? The shop is looking into it and i am confident that they will find out what is going on. Until then, unfortunately i will not run these tires. I have asked them to put a set of R2 SUV on s they have been around for awhile and have great reviews.
59 - tyre reviewed on September 26, 2017

Latest Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 Reviews

Have you driven on the Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Hakkapeliitta 9.

Given 100% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 5 Aero Wagon (205/55 R16) on mostly town for 800 average miles
I always buy nice winter studs for safety and non-stressful driving and these have been the best thus far! There are several significant hills in my town and lots of icy conditions throughout the winter season and I can drive confidently up and down the steepest hills without worry. Several of my friends have driven Hakkapeliittas for several years and swear by them and I expect to always seek out this brand first for future purchases. Yes, they do cost a bit more and for good reason; you get what you pay for and I do not have buyer's remorse at all. Why? The tough and well lasting carbide steel studs (and more of them per tyre/tire), the quieter "hum" of the studs on the dry pavement, and the aggressive pattern compared to all the other nice brands I've ever purchased. Relative to the price of your vehicle and the costs of an accident, the "extra" money for the Hakkapeliittas are really cheap insurance by comparison.
2 - tyre reviewed on March 1, 2018
Given 95% while driving a Chrysler 200S AWD 2015 (215/55 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 500 average miles
Very nice set of tires. It’s incredible with the stud, First I bought without and it was a nightmare to brake in the mountains, so I exchange it with studded and I believe i’m In summer now! Incredible!
2 - tyre reviewed on December 20, 2017