Nokian Hakkapeliitta R

The Nokian Hakkapeliitta R is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2

Tyre review data from 7 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 47,000 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nokian Hakkapeliitta R Review

Given 83% while driving a Subaru 2011 Impreza WRX STI (245/40 R18) on mostly town for 6,000 spirited miles
Just bought these tires and installed them on a 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI sedan. I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and we have about a 60/40 mix of snowy conditions and dry sunny winter weather because of our geographic location (we get Chinooks!). The last snow storm brought 10cm of snow and I was loving it! Grip is phenomenal! Handling is alright but this is a dedicated winter tire not performance based. Comfort is really good and noise level is good as well. Cannot speak of trend life thus far but will update perhaps next year. Was going to buy Alpine PA3's but decided on dedicated winters and it was the right choice for me. I can still drive my STI fast in straights with insane grip on ice and snow but do have to take it easier on fast cornering. However, it is a sacrifice I am willing to make for ultimate winter confidence.
9 - tyre reviewed on December 2, 2011

Latest Nokian Hakkapeliitta R Reviews

Have you driven on the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Hakkapeliitta R.

Given 50% while driving a BMW 1 series (205/55 R16) on mostly country roads for 6,000 average miles
Worst wintertire I've ever had! Was on the car when I bought it.
Runflat makes them even worse, no grip in the snow at all when standstill, OK when it is fluffy and alot of snow. Back end slides out all time in snow, milage has increased alot!
Getting Dunlops ASAP!
IMO: Black rings of doom!
2 - tyre reviewed on March 1, 2016
Given 87% while driving a SEAT LEON 1.8 20VT 210BHP (205/55 R17) on mostly motorways for 12,000 average miles
I drove with those tires two full seasons. On dry surfaces where ok but the wear was fairly high. On the wet, when the temps where high I had too much wheel spin no matter how gentle I was on the throttle. But the great winner were on icy/snowy contitions until the end of their life. Ill buy again
1 - tyre reviewed on November 14, 2014
9 - tyre reviewed on December 2, 2011
Given 81% while driving a Audi A6 Avant 2.0TDI (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Smooth, quiet, and even make a difference to my mileage - 4.9L/100km compared to summer Vredestein tyres with 5.6L - 5.9L.

Fantastic in snow, good on ice for pigfritt tyres and a generally great winter tyre.
2 - tyre reviewed on October 25, 2011