Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 SUV

The Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 SUV is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

This tyre has been replaced by the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV

Tyre review data from 3 tyre reviews averaging 87% over 18,000 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 SUV
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 SUV
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 SUV. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 SUV Review

Given 55% while driving a Hyundai Santa Fe (225/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
Tires are excellent in snow when accelerating and driving straight. But in lateral grip the tires are really bad. You cant take any curves or turn in a street without feeling the car slide sideways a little bit, even in slow speeds and even on dry roads. I had the vredestein wintrac on a sports rear wheel drive car before and it performed much better. I bought the Nokian R2 suv because they were new tires from Nokian with newer technology but it seems like they missed out on a few things.
On ice and on dry roads theyre not that good.
In wet they are pretty good. No aquaplaning at all.
I drive different kind of cars with different types of tires and all i can say is there is better than this for a brand that says they are the best in winter...winter is not only about snow, but slush, rain, cold, freeze, wet, dry...these tires dont feel right.
21 - tyre reviewed on April 17, 2014

Latest Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 SUV Reviews

Have you driven on the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 SUV tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Hakkapeliitta R2 SUV.

Given 92% while driving a Suzuki (225/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
In snow and on ice ice never had better. Especially in the snowy/icy mountains going uphill I am often the only one able to go up, even without engaging 4High or even 4Low.
On dry with low temperatures grip is great. Once the temperature goes up above 7 Celsius, then you sometimes feel that taking corners could be better. Less tight.
It doesn't rain much in winter, but slush is no problem whatsoever. Pure rain doesn't bring Aquaplaning, but don't remember anything noteworthy.
Best winter Tyre I owned thus far. Wear after 10000 kilometers is not noticeable.
Noise is more than a summer Tyre, but less than an AT. Speeds above 120 km/h it becomes noticeable.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 10, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Toyota RAV4 (225/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
This is my second season with the tryes and i have found them to be excellent on all road conditions. i now drive in snow like I am on dry pavement. On other snow tires i was usually one of the people at the end of a long line.but now these tires have given me the total confidence to move out onto the passing lane.As i drive I can see the headlights from the long line of cars fading into the distance.it is such a pleasure at 69 years of age to be able to feel so secure on the road.in the past I used to dread the onset of winter. Now I scream Hakkapellita, and say bring me your worst.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 20, 2018
On ice and on dry roads theyre not that good.
In wet they are pretty good. No aquaplaning at all.
21 - tyre reviewed on April 17, 2014