Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2

The Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R

This tyre has been replaced by the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3

Tyre review data from 4 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 26,000 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 Review

Given 100% while driving a Subaru Legacy (205/70 R15) on mostly motorways for 1,000 spirited miles
North Dakota Winter last year convinced me to invest in dedicated snow tires. After thorough research, I chose these, and I am very pleased. Amazing tires. Great ride, very quiet at highway speed, and insane grip in slush, on glare pack snow. When cruising through snow drifts, there is no lateral pull, just a straight charge through. I only have a thousand miles on them but I loved them so much I installed a set on my Mazda. I have not yet had a chance to get them into an empty parking lot and really put them through their paces, but I can definitely suggest these tires. I chose the SUV version for the Subaru, but I definitely appreciate the stiffer sidewall in corners. It is a heavy car to begin with, it sees a majority of highway mileage, and lots of hauling. I am very excited to have these on my family wagon. Highly recommend.
18 - tyre reviewed on December 20, 2013

Latest Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Hakkapeliitta R2.

Given 75% while driving a Volkswagen Transporter T4 (205/65 R15) on mostly country roads for 5,000 easy going miles
Living in one of the colder parts of Norway there were only 2 studless wintertyres that were recommended. The Nokian Hakkapilitta R2 and the Continental VikingContact. I bought the Nokian for my 1997 Vw Transporter and i would buy them again. The soft compount makes it really comfortabel and much more silence than the summer tire. Grip on snow and ice is as good as it can get with studless winter tires. But i think that the Continental is a little better on the ice while the Nokian is better in deep snow.
With a tire like this you dont need 4WD in Norway :D
2 - tyre reviewed on May 14, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Volvo S70 TDI (195/60 R15) on mostly country roads for 10,000 average miles
I love these tires. Had them on my volvo s70 1999 this winter. They were perfect all around.
8 - tyre reviewed on March 28, 2016
Are you trying to decide what type of tyre is best for your own winter motoring? Watch this video!
Given 89% while driving a Skoda Fabia 1.2 (185/65 R14) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Perfect winter tyres. Good grip on dry roads, even better on wet roads, excellent traction on snow, handles slush well. Good on ice, too, but looses grip suddenly, not gradually like the predecessor Hakkapeliitta R.
6 - tyre reviewed on April 14, 2014