Nokian Line

The Nokian Line is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Nokian WetProof

Tyre review data from 59 tyre reviews averaging 89% over 769,933 miles driven.

2018 AMS Summer UHP Tyre Test - 6th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Good in the wet.
  • Negative - High levels of understeer in the dry, low comfort and high noise.
  • Overall - Conditionally recommended.

2018 Auto Bild 15 inch Summer Tyre Test - 19th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Short braking in the dry, low rolling resistance, good comfort levels.
  • Negative - Poor curved aquaplaning result, high wear.

2018 AutoBild Summer Tyre Overview - 14th of 47 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nokian Line
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nokian Line. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nokian Line Review

Given 97% while driving a Mercedes Benz C180 (205/55 R16) on mostly town for 6,500 easy going miles
I am from Singapore and it is summer everyday with plenty of rain. I replaced my stock tyres, Michelin Energysaver, for the Nokian Line on my Mercedes C180 in Feb 15 and since clocked abt 10000km.

The Nokian Line has got very good dry and wet grips. For the Energysaver, each time i stepped hard on my brakes on wet roads, the car's ABS would kick in and skit forward. I had many heart in mouth moments. With the Nokian Line, no such problems, fantastic grip on wet roads. The wear is also good, hardly any wear after 10000km of mainly town driving.

However, as compared to the Energysaver, the Nokian Line is noisier. I supposed that is because it has better traction and i can live with it. Also, the Nokian is cheaper then the Michelins or Contis with the same performance range, i will definitely buy these tyres again if can find it in Singapore. Its quite sad there is no dealership here in my country.
89 - tyre reviewed on August 15, 2015

Latest Nokian Line Reviews

Have you driven on the Nokian Line tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Line.

Given 79% while driving a Skoda Octavia (195/65 R15) on mostly motorways for 15,500 average miles
They are fine tyres. Can't say anything bad about grip.
The only disadvantages - rolling resistance seems a bit higher than I'd like (higher fuel consumption) and seems like they wear a bit faster than I'd like to see.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2018
Given 83% while driving a Audi A4 2.8 quattro (205/55 R16 W) on mostly country roads for 18,000 spirited miles
I fitted these to my Quattro 2.8 back in October 2015 and I have since covered about 18,000 on them. My initial impressions were really good. They seemed to make the car feel more nimble and poised on the road and the steering felt sharper and more direct and I could feel the road better.
They were quiet too, far less road noise the the Coopers they replaced. I like the tread pattern as it looked like a lot of thought had gone into it.
In performance terms, no complaints at all and I wanted to leave the long term review until I had experienced driving on snow. I figured that a Finnish brand would be good in inclement weather and they are indeed. These are their summer tyres and they were great in the snow! My Quattro AWD helps a lot here of course, and its worth remembering that all summer tyres will have reduced performance in the cold and snow, not just because of the tyre pattern, but the tyre compound is not designed for temps below about 10 degrees celcius.
Having said all that I did notice the they started to get noisier with age, and then a few months ago I had the car up on a lift for some exhaust work and we noticed that all the tyres showed signs of perishing on and around the tread. Not on the sidewalls which would have been really bad, but even so the tyre shop reckoned that this was unacceptable for a tyre that was only three years old.
There was however plenty of tread left - probably would have seen me through at least six more months, and maybe more. However with winter coming I decided to change them and I chose Avons this time.
To be fair, you can find stories like this about every brand, so I am not damning Nokian really, just saying. YMMV.
Will post a review on the Avons ZV7 next year after they have seen some action. I will say though that already I find them more pliant and comfortable that than the Nokians with less of a crashy ride. But also that the steering feels a bit more vague and woolly. Cant have it all eh?
1 - tyre reviewed on August 27, 2018
Given 100% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 1.9 Tdi (195/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 2,000 easy going miles
I had this tyres on my Golf after two sets of Continentals. This tyre does the same job but only at the lower price. I dont know about wear I didnt drive them too long but first few month impression is excellent. They are produced in Russia in town near Finland.
1 - tyre reviewed on July 25, 2018