Nokian Line

The Nokian Line is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Nokian WetProof

Tyre review data from 62 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 820,058 miles driven.

2018 AMS Summer UHP Tyre Test - 6th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Good in the wet.
  • Negative - High levels of understeer in the dry, low comfort and high noise.
  • Overall - Conditionally recommended.

2018 Auto Bild 15 inch Summer Tyre Test - 19th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Short braking in the dry, low rolling resistance, good comfort levels.
  • Negative - Poor curved aquaplaning result, high wear.

2018 AutoBild Summer Tyre Overview - 14th of 47 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nokian Line
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nokian Line. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nokian Line Review

Given 97% while driving a Mercedes Benz C180 (205/55 R16) on mostly town for 6,500 easy going miles
I am from Singapore and it is summer everyday with plenty of rain. I replaced my stock tyres, Michelin Energysaver, for the Nokian Line on my Mercedes C180 in Feb 15 and since clocked abt 10000km.

The Nokian Line has got very good dry and wet grips. For the Energysaver, each time i stepped hard on my brakes on wet roads, the car's ABS would kick in and skit forward. I had many heart in mouth moments. With the Nokian Line, no such problems, fantastic grip on wet roads. The wear is also good, hardly any wear after 10000km of mainly town driving.

However, as compared to the Energysaver, the Nokian Line is noisier. I supposed that is because it has better traction and i can live with it. Also, the Nokian is cheaper then the Michelins or Contis with the same performance range, i will definitely buy these tyres again if can find it in Singapore. Its quite sad there is no dealership here in my country.
104 - tyre reviewed on August 15, 2015

Latest Nokian Line Reviews

Have you driven on the Nokian Line tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Line.

Given 91% while driving a Skoda Fabia 1.4TDi (185/60 R14 H) on a combination of roads for 28,125 easy going miles
Imensely good on both dry and wet. 45000 Km on them and from 8 mm they are just now at 5 mm, so halfway worn. unfortunately they have a whole lot of cracks on the thread so have to change them. The dot is 4214 so not even 5 years old from production date.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 6, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Vauxhall Corsa (195/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 16,500 spirited miles
Great tyres, very strong all rounders, lasted 16500 miles - which is credit indeed with my daughters very spirited driving. Would definitely recommend if you can get a good price. No weaknesses, would have lasted longer but they were down to 3mm and wanted to get her new tyres for the coming winter.
2 - tyre reviewed on January 13, 2019
Given 76% while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 5,500 spirited miles
These tyres came on a car I purchased a couple of years ago from a family member, and I've used them for two summers now.

In dry and wet driving I found the tyres both adequately grippy and progressive at the limit. They arren't performance tyres but on my normal hatchback performed perfectly in most situations.

The main issue I've had with the tyres is premature cracking of the tyre, which started to occur relatively shortly after the tyres were originally installed.
4 - tyre reviewed on November 23, 2018
Given 79% while driving a Skoda Octavia (195/65 R15) on mostly motorways for 15,500 average miles
They are fine tyres. Can't say anything bad about grip.
The only disadvantages - rolling resistance seems a bit higher than I'd like (higher fuel consumption) and seems like they wear a bit faster than I'd like to see.
3 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2018
Given 83% while driving a Audi A4 2.8 quattro (205/55 R16 W) on mostly country roads for 18,000 spirited miles
I fitted these to my Quattro 2.8 back in October 2015 and I have since covered about 18,000 on them. My initial impressions were really good. They seemed to make the car feel more nimble and poised on the road and the steering felt sharper and more direct and I could feel the road better.
They were quiet too, far less road noise the the Coopers they replaced. I like the tread pattern as it looked like a lot of thought had gone into it.
In performance terms, no complaints at all and I wanted to leave the long term review until I had experienced driving on snow. I figured that a Finnish brand would be good in inclement weather and they are indeed. These are their summer tyres and they were great in the snow! My Quattro AWD helps a lot here of course, and its worth remembering that all summer tyres will have reduced performance in the cold and snow, not just because of the tyre pattern, but the tyre compound is not designed for temps below about 10 degrees celcius.
Having said all that I did notice the they started to get noisier with age, and then a few months ago I had the car up on a lift for some exhaust work and we noticed that all the tyres showed signs of perishing on and around the tread. Not on the sidewalls which would have been really bad, but even so the tyre shop reckoned that this was unacceptable for a tyre that was only three years old.
There was however plenty of tread left - probably would have seen me through at least six more months, and maybe more. However with winter coming I decided to change them and I chose Avons this time.
To be fair, you can find stories like this about every brand, so I am not damning Nokian really, just saying. YMMV.
Will post a review on the Avons ZV7 next year after they have seen some action. I will say though that already I find them more pliant and comfortable that than the Nokians with less of a crashy ride. But also that the steering feels a bit more vague and woolly. Cant have it all eh?
2 - tyre reviewed on August 27, 2018