Nokian Line

The Nokian Line is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 53 tyre reviews averaging 90% over 640,433 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2015 European Tyre Test 185/60R14 - 3rd of 16 tyres

• Positive - Very balanced tyre with little wear, good in the wet

2017 Mid Range Tyre Test - 5th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Very good handling in the wet
  • Negative - None mentioned

2014 ADAC 195/65 R15 Summer Tyre Test - 5th of 17 tyres

• Positive - Very balanced tyre, good on wet and dry roads
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nokian Line
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nokian Line. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nokian Line Review

Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C180 (205/55 R16) on mostly town for 6,500 easy going miles
I am from Singapore and it is summer everyday with plenty of rain. I replaced my stock tyres, Michelin Energysaver, for the Nokian Line on my Mercedes C180 in Feb 15 and since clocked abt 10000km.

The Nokian Line has got very good dry and wet grips. For the Energysaver, each time i stepped hard on my brakes on wet roads, the car's ABS would kick in and skit forward. I had many heart in mouth moments. With the Nokian Line, no such problems, fantastic grip on wet roads. The wear is also good, hardly any wear after 10000km of mainly town driving.

However, as compared to the Energysaver, the Nokian Line is noisier. I supposed that is because it has better traction and i can live with it. Also, the Nokian is cheaper then the Michelins or Contis with the same performance range, i will definitely buy these tyres again if can find it in Singapore. Its quite sad there is no dealership here in my country.
80 - tyre reviewed on August 15, 2015

Latest Nokian Line Reviews

Have you driven on the Nokian Line tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Line.

Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Legacy (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 22,000 easy going miles
I was impressed with the dry and especially wet grip but after using them for one season and storing them in the same way as all of my other tyres they were cracked and the performance was much worse the second season.

I eventually had to stop using them as they were causing strange handling and vibrations when driving.

In summary, really good the first year. Terrible the second.
3 - tyre reviewed on March 26, 2018
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Astra H 1.6 VVT (115bhp) (205/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 20,659 spirited miles
After purchasing my first car I read an aweful lot of reviews/tests about tyres, as I view them as a massive safety feature. I settled on these as the reviews are extremely high across the board on a mixture of vehicles, and they're priced well.

I can highly recommend the Nokian Line tyre. I've had them on my Vauxhall Astra for the past 3 years and wouldn't put anything else on there now. I opted for the W XL tyres as they were priced cheaper than the lesser rated tyres at the time by a couple of quid. After using standard tyres previously, the rolling in corners was so noticable in those compared to these. Whilst it's a slightly firmer ride with the XL's, I'm more than happy with the almost non-existant rolling in corners.

They handle amazingly, especially in the wet where they flying through surface water like a hot knife through butter at all speeds (80mph+ on motorways with heavy surface water). Stopping in the wet/dry/ice is excellent too, gripping to the road insanely well. Cornering is just as impressive, I've pushed them hard in the dry, wet and icey conditions and they've done me proud.

I travel ~10,000 miles per year, through all weather conditions and a mixture of motorway, country lane and urban driving. The first set I bought (09/01/2016) went on the back for 9 months, then I switched them to the front on 05/11/2016 and they'd only lost 1mm of tread. I ended up getting 20,659 miles (10,541 miles on the rear / 10,118 miles on the front) out of them in total. They had 2mm of tread left on them before I put another pair of Nokian Line's on 11/11/2017.

17/02/2018 I changed the dipped bulbs and checked the tread on the front. They're still showing 5mm and they've already clocked up ~12,000 miles (10,028 miles on the rear and 1,972 miles on the front ), so I expect to get another ~8,000 miles out of them which I'll be happy with. The new rears have only lost 1mm of tread over 3 months so I'm more than happy they'll last a long time.

Handling doesn't seem to deminish like on other tyres as the tread drops, I had just as much confidence in them at 2mm that I do at 8mm, and I'll be buying another set to put on the front and switch over again when the fronts are down to 2mm.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 2, 2018
Trying to pick the BEST tyre possible for your car? Watch this!
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Corsa (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 11,000 spirited miles
Bought these as thought they were a good, safe all rounder - and I have been proved right. Grip in wet and dry is fine, feedback is good, perform very well in cold of winter and have lasted pretty well with my daughters spirited 11K miles of driving. Road noise is about same as original Goodyears. Will definitely consider these again - Nokian are definitely a name to consider along with the Premium brands.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 15, 2017
Given 36% (breakdown) while driving a BMW (205/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 1,200 spirited miles
Normally I am stubborn and trust not all reviews has been written.
This time I am a little bit lazy and need tires asap.

Too bad; my stubborn is right.
When they were new wet grip was okay and cheeks not to soft ( I have XL version).
After about 1200 miles very unstable (soft cheeks), a lot oversteer and understeer in wet condition ( in simple words no grips).

So I have replaced them for Michelin Pilot sport 4, what a difference.
Soo for me waste of time and money.

0 - tyre reviewed on December 13, 2017
Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 508 SALOON (215/60 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 30,000 average miles
Performed very well while new. I drove them for 6 months some 30.000 km. After winter switch, I stored them at my garage and fitted again in spring, seemed like they lost all characteristics.
The wear was intensive, the car start pulling on the right side so I went for wheel alignment. The results were normal, all the troubles caused by the tyres. After total 40.000 km I changed these tyres and the car came back to normal.
This is 2nd set of Nokian that disappointed me.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 23, 2017