Nokian Line

The Nokian Line is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 57 tyre reviews averaging 89% over 736,433 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2015 European Tyre Test 185/60R14 - 3rd of 16 tyres

• Positive - Very balanced tyre with little wear, good in the wet

2017 Mid Range Tyre Test - 5th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Very good handling in the wet
  • Negative - None mentioned

2014 ADAC 195/65 R15 Summer Tyre Test - 5th of 17 tyres

• Positive - Very balanced tyre, good on wet and dry roads
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nokian Line
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nokian Line. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nokian Line Review

Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C180 (205/55 R16) on mostly town for 6,500 easy going miles
I am from Singapore and it is summer everyday with plenty of rain. I replaced my stock tyres, Michelin Energysaver, for the Nokian Line on my Mercedes C180 in Feb 15 and since clocked abt 10000km.

The Nokian Line has got very good dry and wet grips. For the Energysaver, each time i stepped hard on my brakes on wet roads, the car's ABS would kick in and skit forward. I had many heart in mouth moments. With the Nokian Line, no such problems, fantastic grip on wet roads. The wear is also good, hardly any wear after 10000km of mainly town driving.

However, as compared to the Energysaver, the Nokian Line is noisier. I supposed that is because it has better traction and i can live with it. Also, the Nokian is cheaper then the Michelins or Contis with the same performance range, i will definitely buy these tyres again if can find it in Singapore. Its quite sad there is no dealership here in my country.
81 - tyre reviewed on August 15, 2015

Latest Nokian Line Reviews

Have you driven on the Nokian Line tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Line.

Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf 1.9 Tdi (195/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 2,000 easy going miles
I had this tyres on my Golf after two sets of Continentals. This tyre does the same job but only at the lower price. I dont know about wear I didnt drive them too long but first few month impression is excellent. They are produced in Russia in town near Finland.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 25, 2018
Looking for the fastest tyres for your car? Watch this video!
Given 59% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 735i E32 (225/55 R16 W) on mostly motorways for 19,000 spirited miles
In spring 2015 I purchased a set of Nokian Line 225/55R16 99W XL, based on the excellent reviews I've read here.
As of now (June 2018) I have clocked about 30.000 Km with these tires, and I can say that the Nokian Line is overrated.
It is not a bad tire, but, based on the scores it got here on Tyre Reviews, the reality is way below expectations.

Dry grip and wet grip are decent, but nothing to write home about. Dry braking is not so good. Steering feedback - forget about it. The sidewalls are soft, and the car feels like driving on jelly. But the wear looks good, I still have 5mm left after the mileage mentioned above.

I would only recommend the Nokian Line for the easy going driver, who is looking for a mid-range brand of tires, and for whom wear and price are important criteria.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 18, 2018
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Legacy (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 22,000 easy going miles
I was impressed with the dry and especially wet grip but after using them for one season and storing them in the same way as all of my other tyres they were cracked and the performance was much worse the second season.

I eventually had to stop using them as they were causing strange handling and vibrations when driving.

In summary, really good the first year. Terrible the second.
3 - tyre reviewed on March 26, 2018