Nokian WR G3

The Nokian WR G3 is a Ultra High Performance All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Nokian WRG2

This tyre has been replaced by the Nokian WR G4

Tyre review data from 7 tyre reviews averaging 80% over 123,000 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Nokian WR G3
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nokian WR G3
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nokian WR G3. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nokian WR G3 Review

Given 89% while driving a Audi A4 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
nokian tyres are eccellent winter tyres but still long way to go for same quality summer tyres, run nokian winter in norway and spain top class summer nokian in norway it may be ok but in spain you feel them melting
29 - tyre reviewed on May 6, 2014

Latest Nokian WR G3 Reviews

Have you driven on the Nokian WR G3 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the WR G3.

Given 81% while driving a Volvo XC70 II AWD 3.2I (235/50 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 45,000 average miles
This is a good tyre overall, is not designed for deep snow or country roads during winter. It is ok for City and highway roads during winter time with rally good grip.
For summer it not performance but is good enough for normal speeds.
My only disappointment is that the wear goes too fast. As after 45000km my fronts are not good enough for the next 3rd winter, and my back's still can do one last winter this time.

So the thread wear is not near the 80.000km that they say.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 27, 2018
Given 67% while driving a Toyota Camry (225/60 R16) on mostly town for 17,000 easy going miles
My rear tyres were at 100 percent wear after just 16 months and 27,000 km. The front tyres were totally fine (normal wear). I took it back to the shop to have it checked before a somewhat longer road trip because I had noticed intermittent road noise that I thought was from the tyres. The shop I purchased them from said it was probably the alignment but quickly changed their mind when I told them they had done a 4 wheel alignment when I bought the tyres.

Now I know some people at this point might jump to conclusions about how I drive, but I'm 60 years old, don't ever go more than 10 kmph over the speed limit. I haven't had any accidents or "run over" anything, I drive a combination of city and highway, the vehicle is front wheel drive and has 4 cylinders.

I have really enjoyed the abilities of these tyres on wet and icy roads, so I'm disappointed with the wear, even though the handling on corners is sloppy compared to the Michelin 3 season tyres I had on the car for 80,000 kms previously.

What do I really suspect? I questioned the amount of adjustment (especially on the rear wheels) when I had the alignment checked (done) when I bought the new Nokian Tyres. I had no unusual wear on the Michelin's prior to their replacement. I think the technician screwed up and took my rear wheels out of alignment causing the excessive wear. Hard to blame the Nokian tyres, but effectively the shop I bought them from seems to be.
2 - tyre reviewed on May 9, 2018
Looking for the best all season tyre? Watch this video!
Jeep Renegade Trailhawk (215/65 R17 R) on a combination of roads for 13,000 average miles
Mounted on Jeep Renegade Trailhawk since no chains fit this vehicle. I've driven High mountain snow and desert heat 118 degrees F. The road feed-back excellent. Very impressed with how they "stick" in wet weather. I was a little upset when I discovered the no-chain problem with 17 inch rim. I can't say enough about the security I've felt with this tire.
2 - tyre reviewed on July 8, 2017
Given 66% while driving a Volkswagen Passat 1.9TDi Sport Estate (Chipped) (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 21,000 spirited miles
Dry grip no better than a budget tyre wet grip slightly better
Snow no roblen climbing any hill but tricky coming back down
Wouldn't buy them again