Nokian WR SUV 3

The Nokian WR SUV 3 is a Ultra High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

This tyre has been replaced by the Nokian WR SUV 4

Tyre review data from 15 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 107,000 miles driven.

2018 AZ SUV Winter Tyre Test - 3rd of 9 tyres

• Overall - A third place for Nokian thanks you balanced and consistent results.

2016 AutoBild 4x4 Winter Tyre Test - 7th of 8 tyres

• Positive - Low rolling resistance, good levels of comfort, short braking distances on dry roads, good aquaplaning results
  • Negative - Average grip in snow, average cornering grip in the wet and dry

2015 Auto Bild SUV Winter Tyre Test - 6th of 8 tyres

• Positive - Very good in aquaplaning tests, short braking distances in the dry
  • Negative - Average steering precision, average ride comfort, long wet braking, expensive
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nokian WR SUV 3
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nokian WR SUV 3. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nokian WR SUV 3 Review

Given 81% while driving a Mercedes Benz ML350 (270/40 R21) on mostly town for 500 easy going miles
I've just put these on my Mercedes ML350 and managed to catch the first of the Scottish snow. So far I'm very impressed with all aspects of the tyres. In around 3cm of snow they were fantastic and gave me the assurance I'd decent rubber between me and the road. As the snow melted at the lower levels they were really good on the slush/rain and the drive was very comfortable. I fell the value and quality of these tyres is well worth this review, I'm sticking the WR D4 on my wife's C class next week let's hope they are as good as the latest WR SUV 3.
49 - tyre reviewed on December 11, 2015

Latest Nokian WR SUV 3 Reviews

Have you driven on the Nokian WR SUV 3 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the WR SUV 3.

Given 69% while driving a Mazda CX7 (235/60 R18 H) on a combination of roads for 30,000 spirited miles
Good tyre for general use. Excellent in winter, average on wet roads, good for aquaplaning. They at first wear quite fast, but as they age they become harder and wear less. With aging they perform worse on wet roads. After three winters an one summer they currently have 4mm of tread, but they are not safe for drive on wet roads. With 4mm tread aquaplaning resistance still quite high. Good value for the money paid, will buy again.
4 - tyre reviewed on September 10, 2018
Given 97% while driving a Volvo XC60 (235/60 R18 H) on mostly town for 500 easy going miles
I love these tyres. I know I haven't been using them for long, but every kilometer I passed with them was really good. Wet and dry performance is better than I expected ( this is the first time I am using Nokian ). They perform excellent in wet surface with soggy foliage.
We expect some snow this year, so I am truly eager to give them a try in more severe conditions ( -5°C/ -10°C and snow )
Will let you know how the tyres perform. I expect pure excellence since they were made for this kind of situation.
Tyre wear was not assessed this time.

First impression : I recommend Nokian SUV 3 and will most probably buy them again.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 8, 2017
Given 49% while driving a Volvo XC90 4.4l 7p 450hp (235/60 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
I was always of high opinion of Nokian tyres and the only thing that deterred my buying them was that they are Made in Russia, which overall is an issue and especially when Russia is under embargo with the rest of the world. However when changing tyres I gave them a try regardless of the production location. Overall the impressions are positive although not overwhelming. I would continue using them for snow and ice conditions however my Goodyear SUV and Dunlop Wintersport M3 tyres are far better for sluch and aquaplaning both in terms of driving stability and breaking as well as latidunal dynamics. You can't have it all in winter tyres. HOWEVER after one season (not even entire) I decided to discontinue using Nokian tyres due to the fact that the tyre blew on me (exploded) when driving at autobahn speeds of 160 km/h. It could happen to any tyre but with over 1 million km I have driven it never happended and especially not on the side of the tyre showing to rather poor quality production than a fault of usage. I will never know the true reason for what happened but my initial thinking of the location of production will remain with me hence sorry Nokian, I gave you a chance, but I will never reconsider and risk the life of my family with your tyres again, at least not until you produce them in state of the art premises. Dear User - take your own decision at your own risk but be forwarned.
15 - tyre reviewed on February 25, 2016