Nokian WRG2

Progressiveness 81%
Nokian WRG2

The Nokian WRG2 is a Ultra High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Nokian WR G3

Tyre review data from 70 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 1,148,817 miles driven.

235/55 R18 104H XL   E E 72
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nokian WRG2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Latest Nokian WRG2 Reviews

Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Sharan 1.9TDi (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 15 spirited miles
I know I'm more than 5 years late with this review, but I just found thes tyres in my garage, I had used them in the winter of 2010, where it didn't seem to stop snowing for months. These tyres were absolutely incredible in snow, slush, and rainy conditions. In fact the more it snowed, the better they seemed to get. I went up a steep hill with three people in the back, in the snow! Nokian know what they are doing. Bloody brilliant.
0 | - tyre reviewed on February 11, 2016
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Jetta 2.0 TDI (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 55 spirited miles
These tyres have far exceeded my expectations. Over 55,000 miles of city driving and long highway trips and they are just now ready for replacement. Hot summers with heavy rains and sleet in the fall and lots of snow in the winter. (I use Blizzak snow tyres for heavy snow conditions) They are strong performers in all conditions. As others have mentioned it is a great feeling to be driving securely through conditions in which others motorists are struggling to drive. I have not noticed any significant road noise but I drive a diesel so the cabin is insulated from most road noise anyway. The ride is secure and smooth for normal conditions. We have put many thousands of highway miles on these Nokians and have no complaints at all with the comfort they deliver. I not only highly recommend these tyres, I just purchased a second set which I will install this fall. Happy motoring!
0 | - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2014
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Legacy 3.0R Spec.B 6MT Sedan (215/45 R17 V) on mostly town for 15,000 average miles
Good winter tyres for city driving and roads without ice
0 | - tyre reviewed on March 10, 2014
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Audi S3 (225/45 R17 V) on mostly town for 2,000 spirited miles
No comments left
0 | - tyre reviewed on January 28, 2014
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Barchetta (195/50 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 20,000 spirited miles
With no clue about winter tyres but a legal requirement to fit htem in the winter here in the Czech Republic, I purchased these tyre rather blind. They were recommended to me by the tyre company and boy he was right.
Having had to drive the car in a snowy winter on summer tyres for 2 weeks whilst I found a a reliable cheap fitter, I realised very quickly how much more control all the other cars had over mine so getting my winter tyres was an exciting moment.
The tyres have been simply great. They provide assured grip in snowy conditions and amazing ability to manoeuvre safely at speed. Very assured during directional changes, you can drive with assured confidence.
In wet and slushy conditions, they are less comfortable and prone to aquaplaning in testing conditions and in standing water in ruts which is a real problem here.
Grip in dry conditions is good and positive. The tyres feel softer in the dry which affects the handling but the grip is vice like.
In Icy conditions, they have been very good and give you confidence to tackle any road.
The winter last year (2012-13) was particularly harsh and the Nokians did the job with gusto. They have faded somewhat this year, last winter probably took its toll and this is their 5th winter on my car. They have ample grip but they don't feel as grippy as they were before last winter. The wear has been excellent. I had them checked 2 months ago and was told they will atleast do another winter which is great for the pocket.
All in all I cannot complain about the tyre, they may not be the best but they are very good and cost efficient.
The only thing that is a bug bear is the handling in wet/slushy conditions which is a shame. The car just felt nervous all the time and didn't fill you with confidence.
On a positive note, it was a joy to see people enjoying the site of my little convertible driving up a very steep incline to a car park that 4x4's had failed to achieve on a recent visit to the UK. That is the winter tyre for you!
I would recommend this tyre to anyone whom like me wants a good all round tyre with great grip and a favorable price tag. Beware of expensive imitations to this great tyre.
-1 | - tyre reviewed on January 4, 2014