Nokian WRG2

Show all: Nokian tyres, Passenger Car Winter Ultra High Performance tyres
The Nokian WRG2 is a Ultra High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 68 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 1,148,747 miles driven.

Nokian WRG2

83%

86%

88%

Nokian WRG2 Reviews

Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Legacy 3.0R Spec.B 6MT Sedan (215-45-17-V)
Driving on mostly town for 15,000 average miles
Good winter tyres for city driving and roads without ice
tyre reviewed on March 10, 2014
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Audi S3 (225-45-17-V)
Driving on mostly town for 2,000 spirited miles
tyre reviewed on January 28, 2014
Looking to buy the Nokian WRG2? Click here to search for the best price for the Nokian WRG2 or any other tyre.

Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Barchetta (195-50-16-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 20,000 spirited miles
With no clue about winter tyres but a legal requirement to fit htem in the winter here in the Czech Republic, I purchased these tyre rather blind. They were recommended to me by the tyre company and boy he was right.
Having had to drive the car in a snowy winter on summer tyres for 2 weeks whilst I found a a reliable cheap fitter, I realised very quickly how much more control all the other cars had over mine so getting my winter tyres was an exciting moment.
The tyres have been simply great. They provide assured grip in snowy conditions and amazing ability to manoeuvre safely at speed. Very assured during directional changes, you can drive with assured confidence.
In wet and slushy conditions, they are less comfortable and prone to aquaplaning in testing conditions and in standing water in ruts which is a real problem here.
Grip in dry conditions is good and positive. The tyres feel softer in the dry which affects the handling but the grip is vice like.
In Icy conditions, they have been very good and give you confidence to tackle any road.
The winter last year (2012-13) was particularly harsh and the Nokians did the job with gusto. They have faded somewhat this year, last winter probably took its toll and this is their 5th winter on my car. They have ample grip but they don't feel as grippy as they were before last winter. The wear has been excellent. I had them checked 2 months ago and was told they will atleast do another winter which is great for the pocket.
All in all I cannot complain about the tyre, they may not be the best but they are very good and cost efficient.
The only thing that is a bug bear is the handling in wet/slushy conditions which is a shame. The car just felt nervous all the time and didn't fill you with confidence.
On a positive note, it was a joy to see people enjoying the site of my little convertible driving up a very steep incline to a car park that 4x4's had failed to achieve on a recent visit to the UK. That is the winter tyre for you!
I would recommend this tyre to anyone whom like me wants a good all round tyre with great grip and a favorable price tag. Beware of expensive imitations to this great tyre.
tyre reviewed on January 4, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Chevrolet aveo (185-55-15-H)
Driving on a combination of roads for 50,000 easy going miles
tyre reviewed on December 30, 2013
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon TDI DSG Sport (225-45-17-H)
Driving on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
tyre reviewed on December 13, 2013
Given 85% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (205-55-16-T)
Driving on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
Great tyre, been using it for 2 seasons in the bBulgarian muddy winter conditions. Perfect grip on and on snow.
tyre reviewed on November 22, 2013
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo 3.0 automat (225-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 15,000 spirited miles
Just amazing tyres! Never had so much grip on my meny alfas, specially wet grip, it is unbelieveble!
tyre reviewed on September 28, 2013
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Ford (235-50-18-V)
Fitted these to our Ford Kuga in the winter of 2010 when the factory fitted Continental Contacts proved treacherous in snow and slush.

Nearly three years on and 27,000 miles later they are around 60% worn and should easily achieve 40,000 miles.

Have also fitted these tyres to a Volvo XC90 also and the wear rates are around four times better than Continentals that were previously fitted.

The grip in winter is absolutely outstanding however we also leave them on in the summer and tales about them 'turning to mush' have proved to be nothing other than misinformation. The wear rates speak for themselves.
Grip in the summer is not noticeably worse than previously fitted Summer tyres. Overall the car feels exceptionally stable in all conditions especially on the motorway at high speed in heavy rain. Noise levels are marginally higher but not to a level where they are unacceptable.

Suspect that the tyre industry does not have a vested interest in selling tyres that are so long lasting...

Overall highly recommended.
tyre reviewed on August 4, 2013
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo XC60 D5 AWD Auto (235-60-18-R)
Driving on mostly country roads for 40,000 average miles
I drive a Volvo XC60 AWD on mostly country roads. I fitted a set on my front wheels at 30K miles and there is still 4.5mm of tread on them at 70k: so for wear I cannot fault them. This compared to rear tyres fitted 12 months later (Pirelli) that now have 3.9mm of tread left.

I have felt very comfortable and confident driving on these over three winters and I can only say that the only 'fault' that I find with them is that they feel 'loose' when the weather is warm (+20oC).

I intend to fit four new Nokian tyres this autumn.
tyre reviewed on July 28, 2013
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Outback (225-60-16-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 106,000 spirited miles
I have had these tires on my car since the fall of 2009. There is nothing that I havent accomplished while using them. I have competed in Rally Cross, aggresive driving, winter drifting, hauling my boat. They are now worn out at 38k kms and are on the wear bars, and when on a hiking trip 2 weeks ago the car still climbed a goat path on one of the local mountains. (mind you if I knew the shape they were in I wouldnt have) but it felt like the tires had lots of tread! I cant say enough about these tires and have recommended them to my friends and 5 of them put them on thier cars. I did give them a low rating for lasting but I have to admit I am positive that the issue is my driving style, not the tires.
tyre reviewed on March 1, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: