Nokian WRG2

Progressiveness 81%
Nokian WRG2

The Nokian WRG2 is a Ultra High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre has been replaced by the Nokian WR G3

Tyre review data from 70 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 1,148,817 miles driven.

235/55 R18 104H XL   E E 72
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nokian WRG2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Nokian WRG2 Reviews

Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Sharan 1.9TDi (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 15 spirited miles
I know I'm more than 5 years late with this review, but I just found thes tyres in my garage, I had used them in the winter of 2010, where it didn't seem to stop snowing for months. These tyres were absolutely incredible in snow, slush, and rainy conditions. In fact the more it snowed, the better they seemed to get. I went up a steep hill with three people in the back, in the snow! Nokian know what they are doing. Bloody brilliant.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on February 11, 2016
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Jetta 2.0 TDI (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 55 spirited miles
These tyres have far exceeded my expectations. Over 55,000 miles of city driving and long highway trips and they are just now ready for replacement. Hot summers with heavy rains and sleet in the fall and lots of snow in the winter. (I use Blizzak snow tyres for heavy snow conditions) They are strong performers in all conditions. As others have mentioned it is a great feeling to be driving securely through conditions in which others motorists are struggling to drive. I have not noticed any significant road noise but I drive a diesel so the cabin is insulated from most road noise anyway. The ride is secure and smooth for normal conditions. We have put many thousands of highway miles on these Nokians and have no complaints at all with the comfort they deliver. I not only highly recommend these tyres, I just purchased a second set which I will install this fall. Happy motoring!
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2014
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Legacy 3.0R Spec.B 6MT Sedan (215/45 R17 V) on mostly town for 15,000 average miles
Good winter tyres for city driving and roads without ice
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on March 10, 2014
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Audi S3 (225/45 R17 V) on mostly town for 2,000 spirited miles
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on January 28, 2014
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Barchetta (195/50 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 20,000 spirited miles
With no clue about winter tyres but a legal requirement to fit htem in the winter here in the Czech Republic, I purchased these tyre rather blind. They were recommended to me by the tyre company and boy he was right.
Having had to drive the car in a snowy winter on summer tyres for 2 weeks whilst I found a a reliable cheap fitter, I realised very quickly how much more control all the other cars had over mine so getting my winter tyres was an exciting moment.
The tyres have been simply great. They provide assured grip in snowy conditions and amazing ability to manoeuvre safely at speed. Very assured during directional changes, you can drive with assured confidence.
In wet and slushy conditions, they are less comfortable and prone to aquaplaning in testing conditions and in standing water in ruts which is a real problem here.
Grip in dry conditions is good and positive. The tyres feel softer in the dry which affects the handling but the grip is vice like.
In Icy conditions, they have been very good and give you confidence to tackle any road.
The winter last year (2012-13) was particularly harsh and the Nokians did the job with gusto. They have faded somewhat this year, last winter probably took its toll and this is their 5th winter on my car. They have ample grip but they don't feel as grippy as they were before last winter. The wear has been excellent. I had them checked 2 months ago and was told they will atleast do another winter which is great for the pocket.
All in all I cannot complain about the tyre, they may not be the best but they are very good and cost efficient.
The only thing that is a bug bear is the handling in wet/slushy conditions which is a shame. The car just felt nervous all the time and didn't fill you with confidence.
On a positive note, it was a joy to see people enjoying the site of my little convertible driving up a very steep incline to a car park that 4x4's had failed to achieve on a recent visit to the UK. That is the winter tyre for you!
I would recommend this tyre to anyone whom like me wants a good all round tyre with great grip and a favorable price tag. Beware of expensive imitations to this great tyre.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on January 4, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Chevrolet aveo (185/55 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 50,000 easy going miles
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on December 30, 2013
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon TDI DSG Sport (225/45 R17 H) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on December 13, 2013
Given 85% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (205/55 R16 T) on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
Great tyre, been using it for 2 seasons in the bBulgarian muddy winter conditions. Perfect grip on and on snow.
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on November 22, 2013
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo 3.0 automat (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 15,000 spirited miles
Just amazing tyres! Never had so much grip on my meny alfas, specially wet grip, it is unbelieveble!
Find this review useful? | - tyre reviewed on September 28, 2013
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Ford (235/50 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 27,000 average miles
Fitted these to our Ford Kuga in the winter of 2010 when the factory fitted Continental Contacts proved treacherous in snow and slush.

Nearly three years on and 27,000 miles later they are around 60% worn and should easily achieve 40,000 miles.

Have also fitted these tyres to a Volvo XC90 also and the wear rates are around four times better than Continentals that were previously fitted.

The grip in winter is absolutely outstanding however we also leave them on in the summer and tales about them 'turning to mush' have proved to be nothing other than misinformation. The wear rates speak for themselves.
Grip in the summer is not noticeably worse than previously fitted Summer tyres. Overall the car feels exceptionally stable in all conditions especially on the motorway at high speed in heavy rain. Noise levels are marginally higher but not to a level where they are unacceptable.

Suspect that the tyre industry does not have a vested interest in selling tyres that are so long lasting...

Overall highly recommended.