Nokian WeatherProof

Nokian WeatherProof Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 88% (breakdown) while driving a BMW X1 2.0 Xdrive (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
I was in a situation where I needed to replace both my winter tyre set and my summer tyre set. I came across these Nokian Weatherproofs and realised I would only have to buy one set, a considerable saving. I am really pleased with the tyres, not much difference from the previous Pirelli runflats in the dry, but better grip in the wet but more comfortable. The beast from the East gave me a chance to evaluate their performance in snowy conditions and I was again pleased with the grip and braking properties, as good as the dedicated winter tyres that I had previously. When in for servicing, the mechanic at the local garage said 'Those are good tyres, all vehicles like yours should have them as standard'. With the weather that we have in the UK, it seems like a no-brainer for everyone to use decent all weather tyres like these Nokians. If they continue to impress, I will fit them again in the future.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2018
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Subaru forester 2.0 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 20,000 average miles
Just been through the so called ‘beast from the east’ in Devon with our Subaru Forester driving through 6” of fresh powder snow/slush/ice and through 2 to 3 foot snow drifts, country lanes, up hill down dale. Preformed brilliantly with tread thats a couple millimetres from the bar. Never felt them struggling even with hill starts.
As you would expect with a winter bias all season tyre they do not perform as well as summer tyres in the on dry roads, but are perfectly adequate as long as you expect the forthcoming understeer. Superb in wet weather and inspires confidence with no noticeable aquaplaning.
Getting rather noisy now as they are at end of life and need to be replaced within the next couple of months. No noticeable road noise whilst had decent depth.
Excellent tyre, will be buying again, in combination with our Scooby they felt unstoppable in snow!
2 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2018
Given 92% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot Partner combi (185/65 R15) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Brilliant ! I used to put winter tyres on November to March. This is my first set of Nokian Weatherproof's and they performed Brilliantly uphill downhill 6" of fresh snow / Hard pack snow / ice No problem. The only problem 'The Beast from The East' caused was '4x4's getting in the way !.
The rolling resistance is low (B) so will have no problem keeping these excellent tyres on all year.
Common sense would have these tyres as standard on all Vehichles.......and make learning to drive part of getting a licence.......!.
When you purchase a set of these excellent tyres just be aware that when its icy and you are going downhill and slowing for a junction/obstacle that car behind is likley to rear end you unless they have fitted NOKIAN WEATHERPROOF'S
2 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2018
Given 82% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (215/55 R16 H) on for 3,000 miles
Bought them out of economical reasons.
They feel good on the road, not as quiet as I was hoping for.
First snow and ice this year have showed no problem at all, I have yet too see the Electronic Stability Control light.
The summer has been good but the tires felt a little too soft with some corner handling small surprises. Very nice handling on the Austrian roads.
Simply put they are the best All Season Tyre I ever experienced.
I wish they were a little more quiet and no sogginess on the side wall.
They also look very good.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 25, 2017
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Forester (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 20,000 average miles
We are on our third Forester and have always been happy with the all season tyres that came with the car unbtil this latest one. We drive over the North Yorkshire moors which can get snowy at times. The first time we hit snow with Geolander tyres I was horrified with the poor grip. I then discovered they were a different design to the ones Subaru used to fit and were in fact a semi offf road tyre for dirt tracks. They were rubbish in snow. Researched and came up with the Nokian weatherproof. The Forester now behaves itself in snow with good grip and exceptionally so in really wet conditions. I have not noticed grip being poor in summer. They are wearing reasonably well although the front tyres wore more on one side but that is probably tracking. I will be buying replacement weatherproofs soon.
3 - tyre reviewed on December 20, 2017
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225/40 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 14 spirited miles
I posted a review in January 2016 and they were great tyres with a good 6mm of tread left after 14k miles. I've had to replace them with a set of Michelin Crossclimate + as the Nokian's started to crack around the outside edges and tread. Shame really as they never let me down.
17 - tyre reviewed on November 23, 2017
Lexus (235/55 R18 V) on mostly town for 5,000 easy going miles
Put four of these on in January, replacing Kumho products which were unimpressive apart from being long lasting. There is not a wide choice of all seasons tyres in this size, the much regarded Michelin Cross Climate are not available. I have to date been most impressed with the Nokians, they are very quiet and give good steering feedback, grip in dry and wet is excellent. I do stress that I am not a "press on" driver, if I was then I would not drive a big SUV, so I have not explored the handling limitations of the tyre. I have not measured the tread wear but such appears to be minimal. I cannot comment on the performance on snow and frost as I have not driven in such conditions.
In my view the tyre is well suited to my vehicle and I would certainly buy them again.
3 - tyre reviewed on October 11, 2017
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Panda (195/50 R15) on mostly country roads for 400 average miles
Good winter tyre.loads of confidence.
Sidewall bit soggy.so it looks like the tyre is out of air.
Looks great to*thread*.
And you can spare your summer tyres longer..
A real thumb's up!