Nokian zLine

Nokian zLine Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai Santa Fe (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 11,000 average miles
I used these Z-line tyres in my 2007 Santa Fe. Handling and grip were fine, wear was terrible though, worse than any tyre I have had before. After 18000km (just over 11000 miles) I had to replace them! Never a Nokian Z-line again for me!
5 - tyre reviewed on February 19, 2018
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Abarth Punto Evo (215/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 18,000 spirited miles
Excellent price for the quality
Good feeling at the limit even when worn out
I'm going to buy a new set for my car
7 - tyre reviewed on December 28, 2017
Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 730d Sport (275/35 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Excellent tyre for the money . strong grip in the dry or wet . much better than my old Michelin Pilot Primacy and wearing very well indeed on what is a heavy car . Bmw 730d . currently on 15k miles . only criticism would be they could improve when it comes aquaplaning . not super bad but other tyres are better . wet grip is superb though . all round a truely surprising result , highly impressed
12 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2017
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo Giulietta (235/35 R19 W) on mostly motorways for 32,000 average miles
Nice price, ride okay but had a flat one and the two new front Michelin Pilot sport seems to have more comfort. (they were worn down anyhow). My Z-Line lasted approx 51.000 km all four (rotated yearly). Four summers. Mostly freeway 115-125 km/t
5 - tyre reviewed on October 13, 2017
Given 50% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Scirocco 2.0 TSI 210hp (235/35 R19) on mostly town for 5,000 spirited miles
I've had a pair of these on the front of my 2010 Scirocco and it made the ride comfort appalling. The car crashed over bumps and potholes to the extent that I took my car to two garages to see if there was a suspension fault, as I was convinced that a pair of tyres couldn't cause such a problem and there must be an underlying mechanical problem. Later after a bulge appeared in the tyre side wall I replaced both of them with a pair of Pirelli P Zeros (I'd had some before the Nokian Z Lines) and immediately the ride comfort was restored.

The extent of the discomfort of these tyres was such that the car became unenjoyable and often unpleasant to drive. The reasonable performance and price of these tyres was therefore irrelevant when considering the detrimental effect it had on the car.

I would strongly recommend not buying these tyres. If you drive a Scirocco I'd recommend the P Zeros though (normal ones, not the Rosso or Nero). The feel of the car with them is fantastic and worth the extra.
2 - tyre reviewed on October 4, 2017
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus ES350 (215/55 R17) on mostly motorways for 18,000 spirited miles
Just ordered my second set of Z-Lines (I use the WR G3 in the winter). Very good handling, stopping on dry ground. The best tire I've ever used in the wet. A bit softer side walls than other UHP tires but not a big deal. Very safe tires. Always in control . No surprises. Very quiet and smooth ride. Only one down side. They wear fast. They were done at 18,000 miles. So what! Easily worth the price to pay!
2 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2017
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 TDi quattro sport (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 15,000 spirited miles
I bought set of 4 at 2015. The tyres are good, but nothing special. For 2 years the boards have small cracks, and don`t stop as well as at the beginning. I am not unhappy with them, but will not purchase the same tyres again. For approximately 15 000 kms I have 6-6.5 mm on the wheels, which is good.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 7, 2017
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo S60 T5 250bhp (235/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 28,000 spirited miles
Bought my Tyres august 2014.
Driven 2 1/2 seasons with them, or about 45 000km. Got 2.5mm left on all tyres.

Best with these tyres are following, Wet grip! WOW! Is the road even wet? Corners like the road is dry.
Responsivity, The tyre respons instantly to your steering!

Have even noticed that the new nano technology does not let the tyre to Scream when cornering hard or braking hard on hot Asphalt. :P

These are quiet when you have 5mm+ thread left, below that they become noisy.
I have pushed these tyres HARD with my Volvo S60 300bhp, the grip is so good that i cant get them to spin!

I am now looking after new tyres, but i cant see any other tyres compete with these in that price range! Going to order a new Set of these now! =)
0 - tyre reviewed on April 27, 2017