Nokian zLine

Nokian zLine Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus ES350 (215/55 R17) on mostly motorways for 18,000 spirited miles
Just ordered my second set of Z-Lines (I use the WR G3 in the winter). Very good handling, stopping on dry ground. The best tire I've ever used in the wet. A bit softer side walls than other UHP tires but not a big deal. Very safe tires. Always in control . No surprises. Very quiet and smooth ride. Only one down side. They wear fast. They were done at 18,000 miles. So what! Easily worth the price to pay!
1 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2017
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 TDi quattro sport (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 15,000 spirited miles
I bought set of 4 at 2015. The tyres are good, but nothing special. For 2 years the boards have small cracks, and don`t stop as well as at the beginning. I am not unhappy with them, but will not purchase the same tyres again. For approximately 15 000 kms I have 6-6.5 mm on the wheels, which is good.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 7, 2017
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo S60 T5 250bhp (235/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 28,000 spirited miles
Bought my Tyres august 2014.
Driven 2 1/2 seasons with them, or about 45 000km. Got 2.5mm left on all tyres.

Best with these tyres are following, Wet grip! WOW! Is the road even wet? Corners like the road is dry.
Responsivity, The tyre respons instantly to your steering!

Have even noticed that the new nano technology does not let the tyre to Scream when cornering hard or braking hard on hot Asphalt. :P

These are quiet when you have 5mm+ thread left, below that they become noisy.
I have pushed these tyres HARD with my Volvo S60 300bhp, the grip is so good that i cant get them to spin!

I am now looking after new tyres, but i cant see any other tyres compete with these in that price range! Going to order a new Set of these now! =)
0 - tyre reviewed on April 27, 2017
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru 04 WRX (215/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
I'm a big fan of Nokians winter tyres, so as I needed to get a full set of summer tyres I thought I'd give the Zlines a try. The first few dozen miles were a bit slippery, but this is normal for any new tyre. After they were broken in they settled down well and are performing brilliantly.

I tend to push my car, and after going a bit tentitively to begin with while I got used to the tyres, I have got to the point where I trust them and find them very reliable in dry or wet conditions. Turn in is very nice and predictable (it's all relative - my benchmarks are the BFGoodrich gGrips which were on the car when I bought it, and Goodyear Eagle F1s that I've had a few times no previous cars of simliar performance (older versions of the twin turbo legacy so AWD, with plenty of power). Also a set of Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas. I find the Zlines to be better than all of the above, with particularly note worthy performace in the wet.

I'll have to update this later to comment on the wear life as I've only done about 5,000 miles so far, but as I said I push quite hard nad so far the fronts have just over 1.5mm of tread scrubbed off. Another reviewer mentioned the wear slowed down once it got to 2mm so I'm hoping that turns out to be the case. Also it may be worth noting that most of my driving is on narrow country roads which don't tend to have the best road surface, so wear may be slightly exaggerated than it would on predominantly motorway/A road use.
3 - tyre reviewed on March 17, 2017
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Laguna sport tourer (215/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
I have just replaced the front corners after 20k miles of wear in two years.Two more zLines.The tyres have served me well. Performance in the dry or wet has never given me cause for concern. Grip and feedback is excellent. The tyres are XL rated. The front end of my Laguna is heavy, the tyres being at 38psi pressure. Some may complain at the tyre life, but that front end has worked hard. Grip and wear will always be a compromise. The rear tyres still have 4 to 5 mill on them, all four corners being replaced at the same time in Aughust 2014.
8 - tyre reviewed on September 5, 2016
Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord (225/50 R17) on mostly country roads for 6,000 average miles
Great grip and feel but the tyre wear is an absloute joke.Its the worst of any tyre that I have ever bought. I,ve covered 6000miles and they are down to 3mm on the front. This on a Honda Accord and I do not drive hard. Needless to say I will not be giving Nokian my money again. Back to Goodyears I think.
1 - tyre reviewed on July 4, 2016
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320D Sport Plus (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
had the Zlines for approx 6 months. wear is average, noise is odd - they make strange noises over certain surfaces and rumble a lot when parking or slow cornering with a mid-to-high amount of steering lock.

visited a Blackcircles approved garage yesterday,as one tyre is slowly loosing pressure, no bug deal, new valve. however, garage noticed the tread separating from tyre body on all 4 tyres.

i am careful to check pressures on a fairly regular basis and the car has done 80K miles, is now 5yrs old, so not a dog of a car by any stretch.

anyone else had problems like this?

the returns and complaints procedure is woeful in the uk. you have to send the tyres back for the manufacturer to confirm the cause of fault, which can take up to 12 weeks. in the mean time, you have to buy new tyres if you ant to drive the car, and if for some reason they do no uphold your claim, you then have 2 sets of tyres...

also, if your claim is upheld, a refund based on remaining tread depth is offered.
16 - tyre reviewed on June 22, 2016
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 407Hdi (215/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 31,000 average miles
I have had them for 51.000km (31K miles) as my front tires of my Peugeot 407 2.0. I was a bit worried initially because I lost 2mm too quickly to my taste but then the deterioration stabilized and I had a good driving experience in all conditions (particularly with rain). After 51K kms the tires are
490 - tyre reviewed on May 10, 2016