Ovation VI 388

The Ovation VI 388 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 6 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 10,500 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Ovation VI 388
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Ovation VI 388

Questions and Answers for the Ovation VI 388

2017-03-25 - I have a 2004 BMW 530i and just bought new Ovation VI-388 tires. Based on the axle load weight, what is the tire pressure I should maintain in the tires?

The tyre pressure for the Ovation VI388 is vehicle and load specific. The correct tyre pressure for your vehicle can usually be found on a sticker in the door shut of the driver's door, or in the manufacturer's handbook.

2018-03-10 - What the treadwear of Ovation VI 388 model, the 195/55R16 91V specifically?

Unfortunately we don't have access to treadwear statistics for any Ovation tyre.

2019-08-15 - Are they runflats

I'm not aware of a runflat version of the Ovation VI 388

Top Ovation VI 388 Review

Given 89% while driving a MG ZR (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 0 easy going miles
Great value tyre,excellent behavior on wet roads,could be little bit more quiet but overall very happy
170 - tyre reviewed on November 10, 2014

Latest Ovation VI 388 Reviews

Have you driven on the Ovation VI 388 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the VI 388.

Given 47% while driving a Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 TCDI (235/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
These tyres came ftted to the front of my 2011 Monday. Having only tried on dual carriageway prior to buying I was very disappointed with the performance on the winding roads on the way home. I was concerned at the complete lack of feel when turning in to bends. When I got home I checked the tyre pressures were correct and found that they were spot on.
After a few weeks of getting annoyed at the lack of feel and pronounced understeer I swapped the front and rear wheels over. The rear continental sport contact 2s were now on the front. The car was transformed, turn in was sharp and the understeer gone. I got the Ovation tyres replaced by a pair of Continental s and haven't looked back.
I suppose that a very gentle driver who mostly sticks to town driving might be happy with the Ovations but I really found them poor. Wet grip and cornering was also a long way off what I would consider acceptable.
Ask any car manufacturer their opinion of the most important factor affecting their car's handling and they will say "the tyres". If you don't believe me just Google it.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 10, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Mitsubishi lancer (195/50 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 7,500 spirited miles
I´m riding these for 1 and a half year long, exceptionally as a summer tires on my Mitsubishi Lancer SW 2.0 135HP.
Appx. 12. to 13.000_km on them.
I´ve never ridden such a fantastic tire/tyre (I´m a "Pro"driving many cars from 135 to 600HP).
Tire has had:
- unbelievable wear resistance (hardly 1 or 2mm down on 12.000_km)
- unbelievable gripp at any temperature from 0°C to 40°C (I simply can´t understand)
- unbelievable gripp on wet from 5°C to 35°C
- unbelievable side force stability (rigid sidewall)
- unbelievable aquaplanning resistance
- twoo really scary crash-avoiding maneuvers (@110km/h and @40km/h) - unbelievable behavior without noticeble wear
- unbelievable response from the tire to steering
- wet or dry - perfect braking and traction behavior
- very very quiet also after 12.000_km
- not very comfortable
As I also had had a winter tires form Ovation...and had had to kick them out (really slippery on wet), I´m very very very surprised, how can a summer tire be! Price?? 1.080CZK/pc. = 42EUR/pc. in a stupid dim. 195/50 R16 88V or W
I only recommend!
9 - tyre reviewed on October 30, 2018
Given 92% while driving a Volvo V60 D5 (235/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
I have always bought tyres with a name, my tyre fitter recommended Ovations to me as he had them fitted on his own car and van. For the money I gave them a go, they have been on for approx 1000 miles and I honestly cannot fault them. Prior to fitting the two fronts I ran Avon ZZ3's which I was very happy with, however I will not hesitate to fit Ovations when my rears are due.
7 - tyre reviewed on October 27, 2018
Given 68% while driving a Ford Galaxy (225/50 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 1,000 easy going miles
Most least efficient tyre ever.
Only had the front two changed
I've lost at least 10 miles per gallon on motorway driving.
I am seriously thinking of replacing now after doing less than 1000 miles knowing my previous tyres landsails would same me money in the long run.
72 - tyre reviewed on June 27, 2017