Petlas Velox Sport PT741

The Petlas Velox Sport PT741 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 4 tyre reviews averaging 75% over 73,000 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Petlas Velox Sport PT741
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Petlas Velox Sport PT741
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Petlas Velox Sport PT741. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Petlas Velox Sport PT741 Review

Given 86% while driving a Toyota MK3 MR2 Roaster (185/55 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 13,000 average miles
Bought a Toyota MR2-Spyder with these (185/55/15 front & 205/50/15 rear - 2014 product date) 2 years ago fitted with these (unknown to me) tyres. From the first date till now (>20.000km) I feel like I own a premium tyre. Great dry grip, feel confident on wet roads, comfort even though a little bit noisy & delivering great handling. All these notes result comparing to tyres on other (different style approach) Toyotas such as Avensis, Auris & Yaris fitted with Bridgestones Turanza T001, Uniroyal Rain Expert, Vredestein Sportrac 5, Dmack EcoXtra, Matador MP16 Stella2. Last week I bought a set of 4 for 175€ for my Yaris because the previous ones (Riken Maystorm 2 B2-lasted less than 20.000km) were unacceptable to dangerous. I noticed a great difference on handling/road resistance & even fuel economy (
3 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2018

Latest Petlas Velox Sport PT741 Reviews

Have you driven on the Petlas Velox Sport PT741 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Velox Sport PT741.

3 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2018
Given 83% while driving a BMW 320 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 25,000 spirited miles
The tyres are excellent. I bought them after the suggestion of my father and father-in-law who both had the these tyres on their cars. Now I have placed the same tyres to my wife's car. The tyres have excellent grip in dry and wet conditions. I cannot understand much of a difference over the Goodyear and Continental tyres that I had previously. Unfortunately, the tyres are noisy. You can feel the difference in noise with the first ride. I have done more than 40.000km on high speed and country roads mostly and the tyres still have at least 15.000km without being illegal. For the everyday driving you cannot go wrong for the price.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 29, 2018
Trying to pick a winter wheel and tyre size? Watch this video!
Given 77% while driving a MINI Cooper D (205/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
All around good tyres, not particularly great in the wet, but Mini being a lightweight car it is not a very heavy task for these tyre to cope with so it is okay, somewhere between a 6 and an 8 depending on the amount of water on the road, as it tends aquaplan a little bit on puddles, but i guess this is what every tyre does on puddles, right?
Dry grip is good, i really had confidence in them on B roads.
On my way back home on the freeway at the exit i have some really wide but agressive curves, normally it is a 90km/h area or something like that, all the cars usually take the hairpin with about 70-90km/h, i was always just blasting on that section with speeds close to 160km/h and even above as it really was a wide section and i had the space to correct any wrongs.
My friend had some goodyear eagle f1 assymetric 2 i think 215 or 225 i don't remember exactly on a GOLF 5 GT, altough the power on his was 170 hp and on mine was 110, considering the weight difference wich is only about 200kg, i could literally overpass him when we were racing on roads with many corners due to the advantage i had in grip... If he took a corner with 100 km/h (about 60mph) i was always going easily 10-20 km/h faster on that corner than he was, and i think this pretty much says it all when comparing a 80 gbp or something about that tyre against a 30-40 gbp one.

Although i am saying these tyres were good for me, the wear was also good, roughly 20000 miles done with them, i cannot recommend these on heavy cars as my Mini is a lightweight car, although not very much lighter than a golf, but hey, try reaching sub 1200kg with a golf without putting lightweight 15 inch wheels or removing pretty much the whole interior from it, so yeah, can't really say how they will do for heavier cars than a Mini or clio or something comparable.
Also, as a last note, currently i own a civic 1.5 turbo fitted with stock primacy 3 and hands down i can say i had more confidence on dry with the petlas than with these, and these are literally double the price also the braking i swear was better than on the honda, despite having larger diameter discs in the back and rear.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 29, 2018