Pirelli P 7

The Pirelli P 7 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 78 tyre reviews averaging 69% over 1,791,753 miles driven.

2009 AMS Summer and Winter Tyre Test - Summer - 6th of 6 tyres

215/55 R17 98W XL   E B 73
235/55 R17 99W   E B 72
225/60 R18 100W   F C 72
225/60 R18 100W   E C 72
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Pirelli P 7. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Pirelli P 7 Review

Given 89% while driving a Mercedes Benz 220 cdi advantgarde (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Excellent tyre. Those that report problems should carefully check their tyre pressures. Have had mine nitrogen filled which helps to stop loss of pressure ( all tyres). Oxygen from normal air filled leaks through carcass. Nitrogen molecules larger and do not pass readily through carcass.
57 - tyre reviewed on January 1, 2014

Latest Pirelli P 7 Reviews

Have you driven on the Pirelli P 7 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the P 7.

Given 70% while driving a SEAT Ibiza FR SC 1.2 TSI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 45,000 spirited miles
These tyres wear rate is amazing, have 3mm tread left and they have done 45k miles (72km). They are the original OE tyres that came with my 2014 Seat Ibiza FT ST. Dry grip is good, they need to be pressurised to 36psi, car manual states 28psi for single occupant however this makes the tyres feel like jelly. With the FR having stiffer spring rates and damping, you'd want lower tyre pressure to compensate - with a rear torsion beam the ride is very harsh if you sit in the back. The tyres do not skip over bumps when cornering even at high air pressures. Wet grip is good - I have also been driving another Ibiza FR with Kumho Ecsta LE Sport and they are scary in the wet, the Pirellis tyres are predictable and confident.

I'm about to switch tyres, looking at Continental Premium Contact 6. Will review them soon.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 18, 2019
Given 63% while driving a Skoda Octavia Scout (225/50 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 45,000 easy going miles
I bought a Skoda Octavia Scout from new (2016) and today it was due its first MOT...and failed! Why? because the two back tyres (which both have loads of tread left and show no signs of uneven wear after 45000 miles) have split along the tread, revealing the cables/wires! Both tyres came with the car. If you have a car which has had these tyres from 2/3 years i would thoroughly recommend checking them very carefully. This is not easy to do at ground level.
There have been no indications of any problems but then again, I'm a safe driver who doesn't race around country lanes. Most of the mileage has been done on motorways.
I'll be contacting Pirelli and Skoda about this. Neither the mechanics at the testing station or the tyre fitters had seen similar damage on such a 'new' tyre.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 25, 2019
Are you trying to decide what type of tyre is best for your own winter motoring? Watch this video!
Given 84% while driving a Peugeot 407 sw (215/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 28,000 average miles
On the Portuguese roads we have a lot of type of floor, different kind of tar, etc. ( 10c to 45c )
I confess that I do many kms, in mixed circuit ... sometimes I have a more sporty, sometimes more relaxed driving. At the moment more relaxed ... because the amount of speed radar ... so demands ... and they are more and more. Originally when I acquired the car, it brought pirelli p7 ... and lasted more than 70,000 km.
Always excellent adhesion in dry as wet. By the way... ​​my SW weighs almost 2 tons, and even in wet driving, have always proved excellent.
Later I experienced other brands ... such as continental (weak performance in this measure) Achiles (excellent performance both dry and wet ... but reached the end of useful life with 20,000 km (remembering the Yokohama) however very satisfied. I have already used AVON zv7 and although the durability is small too (not as small as the yokohama or achiles) have proven to be excellent on wet as well as dry.
In my sw, both 94 and 98w can be used. I have used 94. In pirelli, negative note for its use from 35%. They are prone to holes ... many holes. If hitting a hole can tear easily. Above 35% are excellent ... but it is certainly not a tire to use until the end of life. Eventually on a German, Swedish or Norwegian road, this pirelli p7 will last longer .... I got 2 tires for the rear in the seal inside version recently for my van. They are apparently softer and more comfortable (in addition to less noisy) than the normal version ... we will see how they behave. Soon I will buy 2 tires ... and I am undecided between Dunlop, Vredestein, Avon (being + inclined for AVON)
0 - tyre reviewed on June 18, 2019
Given 41% while driving a Ford Focus (205/55 R16) on mostly town for 25,000 average miles
Terrible tyre if you ever inted to drive on wet roads. This will lose grip if someone throws a cup of water in front of your car, even at slow speeds.
They don't wear too fast, but they are so crappy that I am throwing them away and replacing them with Michelin's Primacy 4 (probably). I just spun my car going 20 mph on slightly wet tarmac (it was raining before, but it wasn't raining anymore when I spun)
3 - tyre reviewed on December 20, 2018
Given 86% while driving a Skoda Superb MK3 (2015 Present) (215/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 22,400 spirited miles
Had these on my car since new. Its a 2016 2 litre Skoda superb MK3. They have covered 22,400 miles and the fronts are now at 3mm and the rears at 5mm. Which i think is excellent wear rate. These are a very comfortable tyre . And quiet on the road . They feel very safe regardless of the weather . They are not a high performance tyre for a sports car so i dont feel it is fair to compare them . I have a bmw M5 aswell where i use michlin PS 4s which of course are a better handling tyre ,but the Pirelli P7 is an excellent tyre for an everyday car and normal driving , they have good wet and dry grip and are comfortable . I will probably switch to Michelin Primacy 4 when they are worn out but that is purely a personal preferance for michelin tyres. There is nothing wrong with these P7 they are an excellent tyre .
3 - tyre reviewed on September 10, 2018