Pirelli P 7

Progressiveness 67%
Pirelli P 7

The Pirelli P 7 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 62 tyre reviews averaging 70% over 1,407,228 miles driven.

195/65 R15 £50.54 - £50.54 (1 prices) Compare Prices >>
205/55 R16 £44.15 - £72.80 (28 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/45 R17 £61.20 - £73.30 (7 prices) Compare Prices >>

Pirelli P 7 Reviews

Given 64% (breakdown) while driving a Audi (225-50-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 10,000 easy going miles
(Yes, P7, not P7C)
Noisy and a bit bumpy, wet grip no match with newer models, long lasting on wear, but will consider others in my next purchase
tyre reviewed on January 26, 2016
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Ibiza FR SC 1.2 TSI (215-40-17-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 25,000 spirited miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on January 10, 2016
Given 52% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar XE 240 Portfolio (225-45-18-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 6,000 easy going miles
Good grief, are the sidewalls made out of concrete? Awful ride quality, feel every cats eye, road imperfection, even painted white lines. Don't go anywhere near potholes!

Amazing grip and laser like turn in but really not suitable for general driving on Britains roads.

Gave up after 6000 miles and put some lovely Uniroyal Rainsports on instead, transformed the ride quality.

Fair play though, still 7mm all round so they would have lasted a long time if my spine could have put up with the constant hammering.

tyre reviewed on December 8, 2015
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C4 Grand Picasso (215-55-16-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
Good performance and trust them in the wet. Never let me down . done 26000 on a pair still 5mm left.
tyre reviewed on November 13, 2015
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Polo GTi (215-40-17-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 6,300 spirited miles
I've had these for over a year now on my Polo GTI, which I like to drive aggressively most of the time. They have a good grip on the dry. The car I have comes packed with 180hp, so if you put the pedal to the metal at a traffic light if the tire doesnt have a decent grip you will definetely notice/hear the spinning before the ESP kicks in to help get a better grip. Even though I've had these for a year now, I still hardly experience any spinning, which means I can still keep my 0-100km/h time at what it should be... ;-)

The tread on the front tyres is noticeably more worn out than it is on the back tyres, but thats natural on a front wheel drive that has some decent hp. I think I should be able to get another 6-8000miles out of them before I start getting concerned about grip. In the wet they perform fine too as long as you dont do anything crazy.

So on the overall I think they get their job done fine. I wouldnt have an issue buying them again. The only reason I would go for something else would be to upgrade to a tyre that can offer higher sport performance which would suit my type of car a bit better. For example the Pirelli P Zero Nero GT.
tyre reviewed on September 2, 2015
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Silvia (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
First time Pirelli on my Nissan Silvia S15, bought two tyres for rear (RWD)so I change my rear tyres 3:1 front). I've heard good feedback from friends and family and driven cars with Pirelli's. It seems to grip very well in the dry and decent in the rain I haven't tried it in the wet in a RWD yet (will soon). The tyres are making some sort of noise while I'm driving, I can hear some sort of sound something like a piece of plastic or paper is stuck onto tyre. I only can hear it while driving along Jersey barriers, walls or inside a tunnel(Noise amplifies). I'm not sure if it's because they're new and needs to be worn or the tyres. The noise isn't coming from the car because the noise only appeared after I got the new tyres fitted onto my 2 rear tyres (RWD I change my back tyres 3 times before the front). I've heard good feedback from friends and family.
tyre reviewed on January 30, 2015
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0 140 TDI Sport Estate (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
The worst tyres I've ever had!!! Prone to punctures, side wall failure and a host of other problems. Pirelli, sort your warranty department out and you might retain customers!
tyre reviewed on December 10, 2014
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic FD1 1.8 i Vtec (205-55-16-V)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
On my 8th Generation Honda Civic 1.8 Sedan. Extremely responsive, improved handling and comfortable.
tyre reviewed on October 16, 2014
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Ford (205-55-16-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 60,000 spirited miles
This tyre has an excellent and very quick response to the commands the driver gives to the steering wheel, even on the fastest movements. Very good grip on dry and wet road as well with low tendency to aquaplaning.
The more you inflate them, the more they grip, and gain quickness of response to the steering wheel command.
They last long, at least on my 2006 Mondeo TDCI SW.
Not to be confused with Cinturato P7, that is completely another tyre. This has lower grip, lesser and slower response to commands. Definitely not for sports car or driving, but has lower rolling resistance as well.
So, look for Pirelli P7 (not Cinturato P7!) if seeking for performance. Cinturato P7 is for more relaxed drivers who don't care too much of performance.
This difference gives at least an option to who knows what to search for.
tyre reviewed on September 23, 2014
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 31,250 average miles
50,000 kms later ... not a fast or aggressive driver, no problems on either dry or wet, noise levels low, wear has been excellent on a combination of highway, urban, and country ... the only thing I noticed was air-bleed and having to check tire pressure fairly regularly. Indeed replacing my tires tomorrow and the only thing preventing me from immediately taking the same P7s again is the plethora of negative reviews I don't share. Having said that, I see that all tire brands have lots of negative reviews. I would only consider taking the Michelin Primacy 3 as a replacement. I have to decide tomorrow morning, but probably the Pirellis.
tyre reviewed on May 19, 2014