Pirelli P 7

Show all: Pirelli tyres, Passenger Car Summer Premium Touring tyres
The Pirelli P 7 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 58 tyre reviews averaging 70% over 1,366,228 miles driven.

Pirelli P 7

Tyre Test Results:

Pirelli P 7 Reviews

Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Polo GTi (215-40-17-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 6,300 spirited miles
I've had these for over a year now on my Polo GTI, which I like to drive aggressively most of the time. They have a good grip on the dry. The car I have comes packed with 180hp, so if you put the pedal to the metal at a traffic light if the tire doesnt have a decent grip you will definetely notice/hear the spinning before the ESP kicks in to help get a better grip. Even though I've had these for a year now, I still hardly experience any spinning, which means I can still keep my 0-100km/h time at what it should be... ;-)

The tread on the front tyres is noticeably more worn out than it is on the back tyres, but thats natural on a front wheel drive that has some decent hp. I think I should be able to get another 6-8000miles out of them before I start getting concerned about grip. In the wet they perform fine too as long as you dont do anything crazy.

So on the overall I think they get their job done fine. I wouldnt have an issue buying them again. The only reason I would go for something else would be to upgrade to a tyre that can offer higher sport performance which would suit my type of car a bit better. For example the Pirelli P Zero Nero GT.
tyre reviewed on September 2, 2015
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Silvia (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
First time Pirelli on my Nissan Silvia S15, bought two tyres for rear (RWD)so I change my rear tyres 3:1 front). I've heard good feedback from friends and family and driven cars with Pirelli's. It seems to grip very well in the dry and decent in the rain I haven't tried it in the wet in a RWD yet (will soon). The tyres are making some sort of noise while I'm driving, I can hear some sort of sound something like a piece of plastic or paper is stuck onto tyre. I only can hear it while driving along Jersey barriers, walls or inside a tunnel(Noise amplifies). I'm not sure if it's because they're new and needs to be worn or the tyres. The noise isn't coming from the car because the noise only appeared after I got the new tyres fitted onto my 2 rear tyres (RWD I change my back tyres 3 times before the front). I've heard good feedback from friends and family.
tyre reviewed on January 30, 2015
Looking to buy the Pirelli P 7? Click here to search for the best price for the Pirelli P 7 or any other tyre.
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0 140 TDI Sport Estate (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
The worst tyres I've ever had!!! Prone to punctures, side wall failure and a host of other problems. Pirelli, sort your warranty department out and you might retain customers!
tyre reviewed on December 10, 2014
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic FD1 1.8 i Vtec (205-55-16-V)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
On my 8th Generation Honda Civic 1.8 Sedan. Extremely responsive, improved handling and comfortable.
tyre reviewed on October 16, 2014
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Ford (205-55-16-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 60,000 spirited miles
This tyre has an excellent and very quick response to the commands the driver gives to the steering wheel, even on the fastest movements. Very good grip on dry and wet road as well with low tendency to aquaplaning.
The more you inflate them, the more they grip, and gain quickness of response to the steering wheel command.
They last long, at least on my 2006 Mondeo TDCI SW.
Not to be confused with Cinturato P7, that is completely another tyre. This has lower grip, lesser and slower response to commands. Definitely not for sports car or driving, but has lower rolling resistance as well.
So, look for Pirelli P7 (not Cinturato P7!) if seeking for performance. Cinturato P7 is for more relaxed drivers who don't care too much of performance.
This difference gives at least an option to who knows what to search for.
tyre reviewed on September 23, 2014
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 31,250 average miles
50,000 kms later ... not a fast or aggressive driver, no problems on either dry or wet, noise levels low, wear has been excellent on a combination of highway, urban, and country ... the only thing I noticed was air-bleed and having to check tire pressure fairly regularly. Indeed replacing my tires tomorrow and the only thing preventing me from immediately taking the same P7s again is the plethora of negative reviews I don't share. Having said that, I see that all tire brands have lots of negative reviews. I would only consider taking the Michelin Primacy 3 as a replacement. I have to decide tomorrow morning, but probably the Pirellis.
tyre reviewed on May 19, 2014
Given 54% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord Euro (225-45-17-W)
This was one big mistake, this tyre is Pirelli's worst product, almost like devil itself designed it to make customer suffer. At first it is comfy, grippy and performs pretty good. But after first 10k-15k kms tyre totally changes (it's like it is designed to perform well as new for tests and initial reviews) but after that it is total garbage. When temperature goes down below 15°C it is deadly on wet, no grip at all. It starts to produce this totally brainwashing terrible noise which makes me crazy. Also vibrates due to inappropriate wear due to "Hard compound" as tyre shop stated (not an car, but tyre issue - winter tyres are OK). Only plus is wear, after 30000kms tyres have only slight wear, but hell who wants to wait till this tyre is worn out? After this season I have to throw them out and replace with Continental/Goodyear/Uniroyal. I will not risk my mental health with them anymore.

Oh and I know 2 more People, one with same car, one with 08 Ford Mondeo, who has exactly same experience with them, so please save yourself some troubles and don't go with them, I have warned you.
tyre reviewed on April 25, 2014
Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 (225-45-17-)
Good tyre.

Had them on my Alfa Romeo GT at 60000kms, now at 110000kms and still have a bit of tread left. Decent gripping tyre in the dry, but in the wet can be very dangerous. Quite noisy also.

Apart from wet grip issues. A very long lasting tyre.
tyre reviewed on April 18, 2014
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon SE Ecomotive 1.6 (205-55-16-R)
Driving on mostly motorways for 38,000 easy going miles
These tyres have been on the car since new, and I've covered 38,000 miles so far. There seems to be plenty of tread left in places, but unfortunately my tracking has been out, causing heavy tyre wear on the inside of the tyres.

I tend to drive on fairly hard tyres as part of a 'hypermiling' driving style, but even at the recommended pressures i find these tyres are very noisy at motorway speeds. They also have quite a poor rating on their EU label, apart from that, i cannot fault these are great as an all round tyre. I'm looking into replacements, and I would potentially buy them again.
tyre reviewed on April 15, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class (215-55-16-V)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on February 28, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Speed Rating: