Pirelli P 7

Pirelli P 7 Reviews (newest first) - Page 2

Given 86% while driving a Toyota Auris (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Had P7s on the front of my auris for 5000 miles now and am impressed. Great dry grip, good under braking and have never managed to lock the front wheels up in the wet. These tyres track very well steering-wise and instil confidence. They're not the quietest tyres on the motorway, but my Auris isn't the quietest car either, so...

These tyres are obviously a class act and I will be fitting them on the back axle also, as soon as my current Michelin Primacy wear out.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 11, 2017
Alfa Romeo (205/55 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 85,000 average miles
My car came with Continental Premium Contact 2, but I damaged the front tyres, due to potholes, at around 15000 miles (bubbles at sidewalls), so I tried Pirelli P7 initially only as front tyres. Very good perfomances for dry grip, noise and reactivity when steering and, particularly, on wet roads. At 50000 I also put them on the rear axle, and have swapped rear-front tyres a couple of times.
After all these miles (65K in about three years) they have lost some perfomance in the dry but they still behave extremely (I'll say surprisingly) well in the wet.
Last positive aspect, I go frequently to ski in the mountains and, at least in the first year, I was able to drive quite easily in the snow a few times, without having to put the chains on.
Given these results I'm now changing the front tyres with the Pirelli P7 Cinturato.
Driving style: necessarily the quiet one of the commuter, but when the road bends ... well, it is there that you test yourself, your car and your tyres. Everybody is good at going straight.

8 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2016
Given 86% while driving a Renault Megane II Break 1.5dCI 105Hp (205/55 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 7,000 spirited miles
dry grip was fine when i got them to the right presure, the tire loses some air over a month but the bigger isue is gasoline stores air presure service, they vary form place to place, finaly got them to 2.4bar and it transform the ride,,,

wet grip is good but a bit neurvous, like the man said before me "when u learn the limites of the tire they install a lot of confidence", and the thing to consider is I live in a cold area(15-20 celcius in the sumer rain) with very curvy road and i read somewere "they like to be hot",,,

the bad - no made in county, spec
-litle tire presure lose over a period of a month

the good - litle wear
- pushed to top speeds regulary on motorway, only in the wet they need reserv( cca 100-130km/h)
5 - tyre reviewed on October 10, 2016
Given 54% while driving a Volkswagen CC (235/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
My worse tyres, very noisy, maybe for racing car they are great buy for family sport car is definitely wrong choice. Fuel consumption is quite similar to P7 Cinturato, i have to admit that P7 on some of types tarmac are realy quiet but on the most of roads the are incredible noise,after 6000 miles tread was still aprox 6-7 mm but I've sold them
9 - tyre reviewed on July 8, 2016
Given 90% while driving a Peugeot 407Hdi (205/55 R16) on mostly motorways for 50,000 average miles
Replaced the tyres my Peugeot 407 came with to these. These are definitely the best tyres I have ever had in the past five years, they wear very well and are extremely durable. Very responsive and solid to drive.
5 - tyre reviewed on April 18, 2016
Given 64% while driving a Audi (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 easy going miles
(Yes, P7, not P7C)
Noisy and a bit bumpy, wet grip no match with newer models, long lasting on wear, but will consider others in my next purchase
1 - tyre reviewed on January 26, 2016
Given 52% while driving a Jaguar XE 240 Portfolio (225/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 easy going miles
Good grief, are the sidewalls made out of concrete? Awful ride quality, feel every cats eye, road imperfection, even painted white lines. Don't go anywhere near potholes!

Amazing grip and laser like turn in but really not suitable for general driving on Britains roads.

Gave up after 6000 miles and put some lovely Uniroyal Rainsports on instead, transformed the ride quality.

Fair play though, still 7mm all round so they would have lasted a long time if my spine could have put up with the constant hammering.

0 - tyre reviewed on December 8, 2015
Given 93% while driving a CitroŽn C4 Grand Picasso (215/55 R16 W) on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
Good performance and trust them in the wet. Never let me down . done 26000 on a pair still 5mm left.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 13, 2015