Pirelli PZero Nero

Pirelli PZero Nero Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a MINI Cooper S (195/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
I had these fitted by Mini to my 2010 Cooper S. I've never had such low grip and noisy tyres. In the dry I don't feel confident to push the car to anywhere near how it can drive, feels vague and can feel it loosing grip. Around corners I can't keep up with anything. The wet is where these are absolutely atrocious, if I was to plant my foot into the carpet I get wheel spin in 3rd gear (this is even in damp conditions) and it's only a 184 hp car. Wet conditions are just a no go which isn't great considering it's my daily. Also had a 300 mile round trip, mostly motorways and cruising the tyre roar was awful but could really understand the road surface since I could hear it. Looking forward to changing these to something with more grip and less noise. Only positive I'd say is that the tread wear seems to be good after about 5000 mile they've faired well. But wouldn't buy again.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2017
Given 38% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta ST180 (205/40 R17) on mostly town for 310 spirited miles
Switched over from the OEM Bridgestone RE050A's and these tyres are kinda crap (from an everyday/comfort standpoint)

My experience:
- Noticeable increase in road noise, across all surfaces, over the Bridgestones (had to increase the volume from 3 to 5 just to be able to hear the radio again. Conversations are more difficult)
- Steering feels more vague in the dry so I don't feel confident pushing these in the wet

Haven't tried these on the track to compare, dont really want to based on the lack of steering feel.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 11, 2017
Given 64% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz GL63 (195/40 R21) on mostly country roads for 10,000 average miles
!!! Never get these tyres. Pirelli is fooling on customers. Tyres are easily worn away without spending even 10000 miles. So be attentive to that fact. Replaced them to Continental newly. Let's see what happens.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 3, 2017
Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda fabia 3 hatchback (205/45 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
Note that this review is for when I had these tyres on my Skoda Fabia 1.6 105 bhp which I eventually sold.

Good:

Very good quality material used. Did maybe 8000 miles before I sold the car & they still looked like new

Very stylish design. Best looking tyre I have seen.

Quiet. Could not notice any road noise.

Good grip in dry weather.

Bad:

Very expensive & poor for their performance. See the below points.

Suffers badly from wheelspin in damp & wet weather. I had these on the front & even when I wanted to accelerate away a bit quicker than normal, the wheels would go into a spinning frenzy. My Fabia was hardly a monster & nor did I go around like a boy racer, but for the price I paid I would have gone for a budget make instead which would have had the same issues & saved a lot of money.

Driving in the rain felt like I was on ice. No feel at all.

Can make the steering tramline. Not the worst I have experienced, but again not impressed.

Overall:

For the price I cannot recommend these. I got two Goodyear F1 AS2s, stuck them on the front & the Pirellis on the back. The difference was much better. No wheelspin, fantastic in the wet, & good road feedback. The only thing is that the Goodyears were softer than the Pirellis & looked more visibly worn out but gave a lot more confidence in all driving conditions.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 24, 2017
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Sienna (255/50 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 27,000 spirited miles
I love these tires. This is actually my second set. The first set lasted about 27,000 miles. The dry traction is excellent but the wet traction is equally as good. I went from complete hydroplaning to complete traction. It is awesome especially since my car is fwd. I highly recommend these tires. The only drawback is that they are not cheap. I have these on a Toyota Sienna SE and I always drive spirited.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 20, 2017
Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a Cadillac CTS (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 miles
The tires were good until I reached about 12,000 miles.
Then the noise came - I should have listened to a couple of the reviews. I would not recommend buying these tires. Im strongly considering taking a loss and getting rid of these tires and going with another brand with only 20,000 miles on them I can't take the noise in my luxury car ?
2 - tyre reviewed on March 27, 2017
Ford (225/45 R17) on for 1,000 spirited miles
We run these tyres on our track car (Fiesta 150st). We have had 4 track days now 3 of which were in the wet. The tyres performed excellent in the wet. In the dry they were also very good but it was a very cold day. There has been some slight wear on the wall on front tyres but this is to be expected at high speeds and higher than normal tyre pressures.
When we come to rep,ace them we will either purchase these again or the much more expensive Michelin Super Sport.
Very happy overall
0 - tyre reviewed on February 11, 2017
Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 3.0 TDI Quattro (245/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Most bizarre feeling I have had from tyres that I can remember. Put a pair of these on the rear and the car almost feels unstable at times due to tramlining. Have used Pirellis on my tip tops for years - never these again! Previously had teh PZero Corsa and loved them.
3 - tyre reviewed on December 22, 2016
Given 85% (breakdown) while driving a (205/40 R17) on mostly country roads for 9,500 spirited miles
A very good Tyre. These pirelli P Zero Nero have all the grip I need for the way I drive. I never drive near the limit of grip but I don't drive slowly and I like to press on sometimes when it's save to do so. I mainly drive on A and B roads.
39 - tyre reviewed on April 5, 2016