Pirelli Scorpion Zero

The Pirelli Scorpion Zero is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

Tyre review data from 11 tyre reviews averaging 67% over 133,025 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Pirelli Scorpion Zero
255/55 R18 109V XL N0 E B 72
275/55 R19 111H MO C B 72
255/50 R20 109Y XL   C B 72
295/40 R21 111V XL MO C C 74

Questions and Answers for the Pirelli Scorpion Zero

2019-02-25 - Are Pirelli Scorpion Zero M&S tyres unidirectional?

Yes, the Scorpion Zero is an asymmetric tyre so can be run in either direction, as long as the tyre is mounted with the "outside" on the outside of the wheel.

Top Pirelli Scorpion Zero Review

Given 93% while driving a Land Rover (235/60 R18 V) on mostly motorways for 35,000 average miles
I drive 120 round trip to work all motorways after 3 miles of country lanes, hence driving a Landrover Freelander, great for motorway driving giving me height and increased safety. Have only just changed the front tyres after 35,000 miles, rears still fine - excellent tyres really feel safe and give mr control. Used the last two winters no problems getting out and on to the main roads. Highly reccomended.
49 - tyre reviewed on December 29, 2012

Latest Pirelli Scorpion Zero Reviews

Have you driven on the Pirelli Scorpion Zero tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Scorpion Zero.

Given 36% while driving a BMW 218d Active Tourer (225/45 R19) on mostly country roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Awful tyre, unbelievable wear rate coupled with very poor grip in damp or wet conditions. You'd expect with a wear rate like this that they'd stick like glue but simply not the case. Have lasted c8000 miles on the front of an X3, the rears which are P zero rosso are brilliant. Would definitely not buy again, worst tyre I've ever had.
2 - tyre reviewed on August 17, 2018
Nissan 2002 patrol (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
I have a new shape Nissan Xtrail i had Pirelli Scorpion Zero 255 55 19 fitted on the rear of the vehicle and ever since my 4 wheel drive system according to my dash is overheating.I usually leave the car in Auto mode which stops the front wheels spinning when i pull away on an incline.I like the look of the tyres and they seem good to drive on in any weather condition.I can't really comment about the wear rate.l would appreciate any views about my problem before i contact Nissan
20 - tyre reviewed on May 7, 2017
Given 86% while driving a Volvo XC60 (225/60 R18) on mostly country roads for 25 spirited miles
New Scorpion Zero's fitted when I bought my used 2012 AWD XC60.
I have been impressed with their all-round performance. On my previous car (V W Sharan) I had to try various tyres to get one that suited, ended up buying Michelins as they were best for wear, breaking etc. But after driving on these for 25K, I consider them value for money considering constant AWD. I noticed the Pirelli website now promotes the P Zero tyre, but looking at the reviews I am concerned over the performance in wet conditions and wear speed.
I am looking to pay a little more for the Scorpions and have a continuation of the performance I now have.
15 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2016
Given 31% while driving a Mercedes Benz GL450 (275/55 R19) on a combination of roads for 4,000 easy going miles
BE AWARE DON’T GET THESE TIRES!! ACCORDING TO PIRELLI THEY HAVE NO WARRENTY ON THEM!!!!
I purchased these tires for my wife’s suv. In 4000 miles these tires have worn down to 2/32nd in the rear and 6/32 in the front. My wife is the safest driver I have ever met, I assure you she isn’t drag racing her suv on the weekends. I have been forced to buy a new pair of tires, and have only had them for 10 months, which means another grand out the door. This is pathetic, and when I called Pirelli I was told that I have the Asimmetrico tires (which I don’t) then I was told all scorpion zero tires are high performance and offer no warranty at all, and the best they could do is offer me 10% off my next set of tires. What a Joke. I have 4 cars, three of which have Pirelli tires on them and once the tread ware on each of them warrants replacement I will not be going back to Pirelli.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 7, 2016
Given 50% while driving a Mercedes Benz Mercedes GL 500 (295/40 R21) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I have a mercedes GL, with 15000 miles on the scorpions. In the last 5000 miles they were always out of balance, numerous times they were re blanced, but still there was a vibration. Finally, I noted the sidewall breaking down, with some rubber falling off , about 4 cm in diam. This had developed on 3 tyres, one on the outside (the one i first notice) and the other two on the inside. NO, I would definately not recommend them for this vehicle again. The tyres were always properly inflated.
6 - tyre reviewed on January 9, 2016