Primewell PZ900

Show all: Primewell tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Primewell PZ900 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 53 tyre reviews averaging 56% over 938,274 miles driven.

Primewell PZ900

57%

49%

41%

Primewell PZ900 Reviews

Given 23% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors (225-45-17-)
Wow what a shock. When I ordered my new car in 2012 it did not come with a spare and I asked for one to be included with a wheel as the car had a spare wheel well. I rather naively expected it to be fitted with the same tyre as on the car which had165/55 R16 H Kuhmo Solace all round, and I did NOT check on delivery. My BIG mistake because 3 years later when I was ready to replace the tyres I found to my horror that it was a Primwell on the rim in on the spare and considering it cost me £200 for this I am more than a little aggrieved. It was fitted for about a week before I replaced it with another Kuhmo and it was consigned back to be used only if absolutely necessary.

So lesson learned, I did not check and I was fobbed off with something less than I would have found acceptable. Take note Northgate Garage, Canterbury, Kent, You will NEVER receive another order for a new car from me! You only get to fool me once, another couple of garages have tried in the past and lost MY custom FOREVER.

Summary, this is a CHEAP tyre, expect poor grip, especially in the wet and poor wear resistance with increased road noise. I value my life too much to use inferior products and my dealer should have done too. I thought I knew all the tricks after 40 years of motoring but this is another lesson learned.
tyre reviewed on June 27, 2015
Given 33% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 18,000 average miles
the noise is unbearable... they cupped at 18000 miles

tyre reviewed on May 26, 2015
Looking to buy the Primewell PZ900? Click here to search for the best price for the Primewell PZ900 or any other tyre.

Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a Rover 75 auto (225-45-18-)
These tyres were ok in the wet and dry.
The noise though, was totally unacceptable, turned my normally quite car into a rumble strip. Changed them after less than 1000 mile. I just could not put up with the noise.
tyre reviewed on May 2, 2015
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen MKV GTI (235-35-19-)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
this is a performance tires. definitely not for snow. Good handling with low profile.
tyre reviewed on March 26, 2015
Given 36% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus ES350 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
I bought a set of four. The road noise is terrible. They may be good for dry conditions but not for snow and ice. Totally helpless. Would not recommend or buy again.
tyre reviewed on December 29, 2014
Given 50% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus (205-50-16-)
Driving on mostly town for 3,000 easy going miles
I bought these tires for my ford focus ztw not too long, and i would not recommend these tires, no traction at all when there is an inch of snow on the road, my wife almost had an accident thanks to these tires on the first snow of the season, when i bought them i thought they were good Firestone tires but we find out the hard way how these tires perform on snowy days. Next time i will spend a little more for the safety of my family.
tyre reviewed on November 24, 2014
Given 34% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta XR4 (ST) (205-40-17-W)
Driving on mostly town for 10,000 spirited miles
These were on the car when I bought it. When I first drove the car, I though my wheel bearings needed replacing, but it was just the tyre noise. Dry grip is OK, you can push them. Tyre wall isn't the best, you get controllable squirming. They perform OK under heavy braking. Wet grip is OK for what your paying, but you can easily lose control if pushing it. Tyre wear is below average.

Conclusion: You get decent dry grip for the price you pay, but everything else about the tyre is rubbish. Not recommended.
tyre reviewed on October 30, 2014
Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar S type 3.0 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 100,000 average miles
So unbelievably noisy I am going to replace them even with 6mm remaining. AVOID!
tyre reviewed on October 5, 2014
Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 318 (235-40-18-)
When I bought a new wheel and tyre package for my car, the guy asked me if I was concerned about road noise through the tyre. Having never experienced a noisy tyre before, I didn't think it would be a concern, so went the cheap Primewell. What a big mistake. Driving with these tyres, to quote another unimpressed person, sounds like driving a UFO. I am now COMPLETELY aware of what a noisy tyre is, hence why I found this site, to find a cheap, quiet tyre. Thank you guys for this site and for all the input which is going to help me make my choice for a replacement for these rubbish tyres.
tyre reviewed on October 5, 2014
Given 19% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus GS430 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 18,000 easy going miles
less than 20,000 miles on set, had to replace 1 already-- this is bad.

I am really a human
tyre reviewed on June 23, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: