Radar Dimax R8

Show all: Radar tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Radar Dimax R8 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 11 tyre reviews averaging 52% over 90,606 miles driven.

Radar Dimax R8

56%

55%

49%

Radar Dimax R8 Reviews

Given 40% (breakdown) while driving a Audi allroad 4.2 (245-45-18-W)
The car dealer slapped on a new set of these Dimax R8's on the used allroad when I bought it. I live in Oregon (USA) where it rains a lot, and these tires have the worst wet traction of any tire I've had, on any car I have driven since 1983. I bought a set of Pirelli Sottozeroes for winter and each year I'm installing them an extra month early (October instead of Nov.) and leaving them on an extra month later (until May) because I want to avoid driving in the rain on the Dimax for as long as possible. So I only drive on them from June to September and waiting for them to wear out. Unfortunately, they're wearing pretty well (the allroad is a 4300lb monster that eats tires, so after 12,000miles and no crazy wear, it's surprising). The only other good thing I can say about the Dimax R8's is that they ride pretty well (soft) compared to my winters (Sottozeros). However, the Sottozeros are quieter. Bottom line, don't buy Radar Dimax R8 if you have to drive in the rain.
tyre reviewed on February 2, 2014
Given 12% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C180K Avantgarde (245-40-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 100 easy going miles
HORRENDOUS, THESE TYRES SHOULD NOT BE LEGAL. ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. SO NOISY EVEN WITH MY MUSIC TURNED UP LOUD, THEY MAKE ALL MY ROAD TRIPS MISERABLE AND THEY ARE DEFINITELY NOT SAFE IN THE WET WEATHER. HOW THE HELL DO THEY GET AWAY WITH SELLING TYRES THAT ARE SO UNSAFE?
tyre reviewed on January 1, 2014
Looking to buy the Radar Dimax R8? Click here to search for the best price for the Radar Dimax R8 or any other tyre.

Given 75% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mustang gt (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 500 average miles
just brought a 98 gt mustang for my wife , tires handle great at 90mph dry and at 75 mph wet on nj parkway. on a dry straight road from a dead stop i was unable to break the tires free , all traction no wheel spin. please note tires are used w/ about 1/4 of tread life already gone.
tyre reviewed on July 7, 2013
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Holden VE GTS (225-45-17-)
The really dangerous in the wet, crap in the dry. I dont know how these tyres are allowed on the road
tyre reviewed on June 21, 2013
Given 17% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Maxima (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 6 average miles
These tires are absolutely horrible and would not recommend buying! I paid a little over 300$ for two tires for my 09 nissan maxima in october and they are completely bald. It snowed a few days ago and my car was hard to control so I looked at the tires...and in shock. The tires don't even have 7k miles on them. I went to the place I got the tires and they couldn't believe their eyes! Would never recommend!!!!
tyre reviewed on February 23, 2013
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Infiniti M (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
Good set of tires that provides relatively good handling and quiet ride. Highly recommended especially only with a fraction of the cost of many branded tires!
tyre reviewed on October 2, 2012
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Audi 2.0tdi 140 sline sportback (225-40-18-W)
almost magnificent performance in both dry and wet conditions. totally recommend them. thanks
tyre reviewed on August 30, 2012
Given 16% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320i (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
These tyres are not good. Extremely noisy and quiet a bit of rolling resistence. I will not recommend these tyres as I personally believe that tyres are really important for road safety as well as comfort. Well you pay cheap for cheap quality.
tyre reviewed on July 16, 2012
Given 51% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C280 sport (225-40-18-S)
Driving on mostly town for 20,000 average miles
That's why cheap tires are cheap. Tried to save some money on these. I can live with their performance but they are extremely slippery on wet conditions. You have to be almost a professional driver to control the car. I can handle this with extreme precaution, but now I can't have my wife to drive my car when is raining. What a shame.
tyre reviewed on July 13, 2012
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 318is (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
I purchased a set of 225/45/17 tyres. I was always been loyal to the more premium brands such as Michelin and Continental. These Radars cost be a fraction of what I will pay for the premium brands. I am driving a BMW 318 E46, and with all honesty these tyres are awesome. They definitely much more superior to the Hankook Ventus V12 (had these previously). I will definitely recomend these tyres. I was sceptical about buying Chinese brands, but they proved me wrong.
tyre reviewed on July 11, 2012

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: