Radar Dimax R8

Progressiveness 50%
Radar Dimax R8

The Radar Dimax R8 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 16 tyre reviews averaging 54% over 130,906 miles driven.

Sorry, the Radar Dimax R8 hasn't been featured in any tyre tests yet

225/45 R17 £48.00 - £48.00 (1 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/40 R18 £52.74 - £52.74 (1 prices) Compare Prices >>

Radar Dimax R8 Reviews

Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330CD (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 3,000 average miles
In dry conditions it's ok. But it wet... If you drive like a granny, it's ok. But if you push accelarator pedal harder, the DSC indicator starts blinking.. If you drive in corner harder, the car stability system starts to working too. Without stability systems on, I fear to drive with these tyres in wet conditions. There's much rain in Lithuania, so it was a not very cheap, but bad choise for me..
tyre reviewed on February 1, 2016
Given 75% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V70 2.5 T awd (225-45-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 800 spirited miles
Got these after Michelin Primacy 225/45 17W. Radar is cheap, comfort and quiet. Havent drive much with these so dont know about how long these will last but so far just positive feelings. There was MUCH more tramling when driving Michelins. Sure, Michelins were worn tyres and Y speed but anyway: car was tramling quite baddly with Mich´s but no tramling at all with Radars.

I havent got any problems with grip in any conditions, not even in cold, rainy conditions. In wet road conditions i could keep same speed in hard turns than i drove those curves with Michelin.

Volvo aint a sport car so i dont drive it at the limit but the limit comes via car, not via tyres in this case.

I give "thumbs up" for Radar.
tyre reviewed on September 11, 2015
Given 48% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta mk7 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
Dry road is ok But wet is worst.
I used only short time becouse it sound like Riding Lawn Mowers
tyre reviewed on September 11, 2015
Given 78% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 745i (255-35-20-W)
Best value for your money you can get.
Handles well even on wet roads (that's always my fear at cheap tyres).
But it is a little bit noisy - ECE Label is for sure not true.
I drive them on a 735i E65, fast on the German Autobahn, but slower on curvy roads.
Price was less than 30% of first class brand and 50% of Korean brand.
tyre reviewed on June 24, 2015
Given 57% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus LS430 (245-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 35,000 spirited miles
Dealer fitted these new when I bought a used Lexus LS430. Very quiet and grippy when new, but less good as they became worn. With 280 bhp on the rear wheels they became very slippery in the wet after about 25000 miles, even with 4mm tread remaining. Changed rears for Michelins and problem solved. Front ones have now done 35000 miles and still have 4mm tread left. Grip and road holding still seems fine, but they are becoming increasingly noisy including rhythmic sound like a wheel bearing going (it isn't, I've had it checked by Lexus who diagnosed tyre noise). Will change fronts for Michelins soon.
tyre reviewed on December 26, 2014
Given 40% (breakdown) while driving a Audi allroad 4.2 (245-45-18-W)
The car dealer slapped on a new set of these Dimax R8's on the used allroad when I bought it. I live in Oregon (USA) where it rains a lot, and these tires have the worst wet traction of any tire I've had, on any car I have driven since 1983. I bought a set of Pirelli Sottozeroes for winter and each year I'm installing them an extra month early (October instead of Nov.) and leaving them on an extra month later (until May) because I want to avoid driving in the rain on the Dimax for as long as possible. So I only drive on them from June to September and waiting for them to wear out. Unfortunately, they're wearing pretty well (the allroad is a 4300lb monster that eats tires, so after 12,000miles and no crazy wear, it's surprising). The only other good thing I can say about the Dimax R8's is that they ride pretty well (soft) compared to my winters (Sottozeros). However, the Sottozeros are quieter. Bottom line, don't buy Radar Dimax R8 if you have to drive in the rain.
tyre reviewed on February 2, 2014
Given 12% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C180K Avantgarde (245-40-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 100 easy going miles
HORRENDOUS, THESE TYRES SHOULD NOT BE LEGAL. ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. SO NOISY EVEN WITH MY MUSIC TURNED UP LOUD, THEY MAKE ALL MY ROAD TRIPS MISERABLE AND THEY ARE DEFINITELY NOT SAFE IN THE WET WEATHER. HOW THE HELL DO THEY GET AWAY WITH SELLING TYRES THAT ARE SO UNSAFE?
tyre reviewed on January 1, 2014
Given 75% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mustang gt (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 500 average miles
just brought a 98 gt mustang for my wife , tires handle great at 90mph dry and at 75 mph wet on nj parkway. on a dry straight road from a dead stop i was unable to break the tires free , all traction no wheel spin. please note tires are used w/ about 1/4 of tread life already gone.
tyre reviewed on July 7, 2013
Given 10% (breakdown) while driving a Holden VE GTS (225-45-17-)
The really dangerous in the wet, crap in the dry. I dont know how these tyres are allowed on the road
tyre reviewed on June 21, 2013
Given 17% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Maxima (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 6 average miles
These tires are absolutely horrible and would not recommend buying! I paid a little over 300$ for two tires for my 09 nissan maxima in october and they are completely bald. It snowed a few days ago and my car was hard to control so I looked at the tires...and in shock. The tires don't even have 7k miles on them. I went to the place I got the tires and they couldn't believe their eyes! Would never recommend!!!!
tyre reviewed on February 23, 2013