Rapid p609

The Rapid p609 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 11 tyre reviews averaging 58% over 102,600 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Rapid p609
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Rapid p609
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Rapid p609. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Rapid p609 Review

Given 41% while driving a Lexus IS200 (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
This is a very average tyre grip wise but the down side is they wear out really quickly, rear tyres lasted 4000 miles 2 Lt Auto no wheel spin . The front still had tread but the side walls had dried out and started to crack so had to change as well. Budget tyres are a gamble always check reviews. Estimated true value of these tyres ---£35.00---- +fitting
79 - tyre reviewed on August 13, 2016

Latest Rapid p609 Reviews

Have you driven on the Rapid p609 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the p609.

Volkswagen (235/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 40,000 spirited miles
I fit this tyres on my car 3 yrs ago and I still use them. I've done with them 40k miles till now and I will change them this year
For budget tyres I can say that I was overall satisfied with them.
On dry, grip was like 80%
On wet 60%
Wear rate - good(40k miles- rest 3mm)
2 - tyre reviewed on April 25, 2019
Given 53% while driving a SEAT Leon ST TDI FR 184 (225/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 8,000 average miles
Fitted by car supermarket to the front wheels prior to me buying the car.

These are not great tyres. They are about £35 fitted and you can see why.

They actually did okay over the warm, dry summer. Car not pushed that hard but struggled when accelerating hard from a standing start. Traction control kicked in, in the dry... Not great.

Thought they would be okay and will swop out when part worn. Then it rained. A lot. OMG - they have at least 6mm of grip and I thought I'd aquaplane. Hit any standing water, even at 60mph and you don't feel safe. Cornering and acceleration require gentle handling or you'll spin out. Feels like a higher quality tyre when it's at 2mm and starts to feel a little slippy. Shouldn't be like that when 6m old.

Mine are an XL tyre and the feedback is a bit stiff. They'll do a job if you want to potter around but I really don't think they belong on a FWD 184bhp TDI. I don't even drive it that hard.

My previous car had Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance on them and they may cost more, but I can't drive this winter with such rubbish tyres. I have no faith in them at all.
6 - tyre reviewed on September 22, 2018
Given 64% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 Vector Sport TiD 150 Saloon (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
No No No had fitted to my Saab 9-3 vector sport and they worned down by 10000 miles and it’s not like my tyres pressures were low as I’d check em very week and the lowest they got was 34 psi and not the mention the support these tyres give when handling and braking are very sh*t and offer no real support in dangerous conditions. Id get better grip out my gran’s false teeth so I would highly recommend not getting these tyres
4 - tyre reviewed on August 29, 2018
Given 74% while driving a Ford Focus C Max (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
Lets be honest I sell tyres and I see a lot of worn tyres and tyres at the end of their life,this brand is one we have tried and tested on our own car as if im selling to my customers I like to make sure that MY CUSTOMERS WILL COME BACK FOR ANOTHER SET, OK first all tyres will crack over time even premium so that's going to happen if you don't wear them out but they tend to last longer than most budget tyres,the life of these tyres is above average I had one customer high milage user doing 24000 miles on a set and changed them with about 2 mm across the tyre,we managed 18000 miles on the front of our test car,hey if they are priced right then I don't think you would be disappointed using this brand,also three a and aoteli these are from the same family just using a different name
8 - tyre reviewed on June 13, 2018
Nissan tida (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 200 spirited miles
i Have purchased and fitting this tyre for 111GBP in abu dhabi, just two days before. earlier i was having bridgestone turanza.
with Rapid p609, my first observation is it's not comfortable at all. vibration from tyres might destroy the vehicle because it just transfer road profile to vehicle. smooth road, smototh ride, bumpy road bumpy ride.
7 - tyre reviewed on June 10, 2018