Rockstone Ice plus s210

Rockstone Ice plus s210 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 76% while driving a Skoda octavia estate 4x4 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Lets be fair. These tyres are designed for wintery icy conditions. So if you want them for all seasons buy an all season tyre. These tyres feel no different in the dry or cornering to the summer tyres I replaced. I drive a Skoda Scout 4X4 ( normally ) as in sticking to the speed limits Etc. Not throwing it into the corners and hoping for the best. Yes they are speed rated a V = 149mph so should stay quite cool and not over heat , for everyday driving. To say how much grip they have, these are nice and quiet. How long they last is up to the weather. If it stays dry then they will wear quickly. So hoping for a little snow this winter.
4 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2017
Given 79% while driving a Peugeot 508SW HDi estate with 17" wheels (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
If you're a sensible driver, can read road conditions, anticipate well, these winter tyres will give many many safe miles of driving in all weathers. I'm a taxi driver covering over 1,000 miles week, and believe me winter tyres are the best investment any road user could make. Whilst other drivers are often idiots, too fast, too close, wrong gear on snowy roads etc, these tyres will get anyone home, safely, up hill, down hill, snow, sleet, ice, the lot. - for the record, winter tyres work and aid safety in low temperatures, they are NOT just for snow covered roads. They grip, clamp, glue and bond themselves to the road, believe me, like I said I drive 50k year in all weathers. These budget tyres are worth the money, just be steady and keep in a low gear!
4 - tyre reviewed on January 1, 2015
Given 73% while driving a Volvo S60 D5 (185) (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Even though Volvos have a 'Winter' function for their autoboxes (it starts in third gear to give more progressive torque), it was unusable in the snow of the last UK winter on the fitted Conti 6000's. Even the slightest slope in medium snowfall defeated it. I needed to get mobile quickly, and my local supplier suggested Rockstones at about £60 a corner.
Against advice, I only fitted two to the driving wheels, and they were a revelation. Worked well on all surfaces including hardpacked ice, and performed really well once the bad weather had gone. So well that I forgot they were on until I took my car in for a service in May!
Not noisy, good feedback, and gets you about once the white stuff comes down. Even though I had massive doubts when I fitted them, I'm going back in October for two more to fit them all round.
Hope this helps!
0 - tyre reviewed on August 22, 2013
Given 90% while driving a Mazda 6 (205/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 25,000 average miles
I dont know what do you do with your car on road, but in Eastern Europe we have more then 1m odf snow, heavy rainfalls, bad roads, but this tyre is better on my mazda then previous Nokian!!!!!
Defenetly a recommended buy!
32 - tyre reviewed on October 26, 2012
Given 14% while driving a Alfa Romeo Giuiletta (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 500 spirited miles
Very dangerous tyre!!!, it seems to be good with snow, Normally you drive 95% on non I fitted them on my Alfa Romeo Giuiletta yesterday, no gripp att all! in curves dangerous! Brake performance horror!
i'll go back and lett them fit a label tyres.
11 - tyre reviewed on December 24, 2011