Rotalla F105

Show all: Rotalla tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Rotalla F105 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 17 tyre reviews averaging 47% over 70,502 miles driven.

Rotalla F105

Rotalla F105 Reviews

Given 49% (breakdown) while driving a BMW E36 320i (225-35-19-W)
Overall you get what you pay for. On my car they did alright at best, but I have a feeling it was more the car helping the tyres out. Wouldn't want to know what they are like on other cars. Don't really feel that confident throwing the car into corners at high speed, they wear terribly if even slightly out of alignment. Luckily they've worn out so a good excuse to get new tyres!
tyre reviewed on September 26, 2015
Given 39% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda RX8 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 300 average miles
These tyres came on my car (RWD Coupe) when I bought it (2nd hand) with about 80% of the tread left. Grip in the dry is ok. The car feels a little noisy and numb but good enough for the price. Grip in the wet (or anything other than totally dry) is appalling. I mean really bad. 45MPH accelerating on a STRAIGHT road at 2/3 throttle where the road was damp (no standing water, not raining) and these things lost grip and started sliding. Tried the same procedure again to make sure it wasn't just oil or something. Nope, the tyres are pure garbage in the damp. Roundabouts become scary confidence is lost. In a RWD car I'd say these aren't safe and will certainly kill youir driving enjoyment. maybe ther are better on a FWD car but I'd still be weary. Changed to Bridgestones and I feel safe again. DO NOT BUY. NOT WORTH IT.
tyre reviewed on April 29, 2015
Looking to buy the Rotalla F105? Click here to search for the best price for the Rotalla F105 or any other tyre.
Given 95% (breakdown) while driving a BMW (195-45-16-V)
Driving on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
Bought the same tyres like these just TRACMAX F105 for my BMW E30 320is, read about these tyres like they are crap, rhey are bad, they are crap... I put them on my car at the back, before then I have KUMHO tyres and they have lot of grip at dry and wet, wuth these tracmax f105 tyres i have lot of grip too maybe even more grip on dry than kumho tyres. Rhey are very soft tyres and good for summer, in corners they are pretty good and they didn't let my car to do power slide cos they have good gryp. At dry. When I go to corner, before i do poweralide, now i go to same corner and now i lose traction in front where are kumho tyres but at the back i didn't lose traction. I don't play with car, I drive normally when is raining and these tyers are good for me. I paid 45€/each and for that kind of money you can only buy used brand tyres whos 5-6 years old with 4-5mm... These comes with 8mm and year of production 2015, brand new tracmax f105, for me these tyres are good even if my car is rear wheel drive with no eletronic and with LSD diff and still tyres are good and have lot of traction. Good value for money...
tyre reviewed on April 15, 2015
Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a Holden Commodore VE (245-30-22-)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
Not for the best of cars these tires are rubbish
tyre reviewed on April 11, 2015
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Celica GT4 (225-45-17-)
Great summer tyre reasonable in the wet soft compound really gives me confidence in corners
tyre reviewed on October 13, 2014
Given 88% (breakdown) while driving a Rover 75 (215-55-16-W)
Had these tyres on now for just over 1000 miles its still early days , yet they
give a good overall feel , dry grip is good & in the wet feels ok too with over
35 years driving in all kinds of conditions & with all the big brands i can fully recommend these tyres.
I also tow a 1200 kg caravan & feel these tyres are no different from any of the well known expensive brands some other reviews on these tyres need to be taken with a pinch of salt , they are GOOD & SAFE for £40 odd a corner are a real bargin .
if anyone really pushes a car they can get ANY brand to under perform
tyre reviewed on September 25, 2014
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 335D (265-30-19-W)
Contrary to popular opinion, in my experience, these tyres outperformed my Continental Sport Contact 3's - which only lasted 8000 miles on the rear of my 335d. I had one to begin with on the front left which did offer some understeer especially in the wet but nothing to shout about, very progressive and controllable. This has worn 1mm in 8000 miles. I now have a set of these on the rear and the car feels much more alive - the continentals made the car feel very skittish at the back, these Rotalla's seem like a softer compound but also wear more evenly and slower. Admittedly not the most amazing tyres out there, but for the money (£67 each for a 265/30/19) they are worth every penny. I normally buy top brand expensive tyres but i thought id give budgets a go as the car came with some already and i was pleasantly surprised.

The guy who fitted them said he had problems with these tyres in the past with the sidewalls collapsing, but i have had no experience of this so far.

They have a good tread pattern and look very neat on the vehicle. There is more rim protection on these than on Continental Sport Contact 3's.

Those of you who own e92 BMW's on 19" wheels, don't be afraid to go from a 255/30/19 to a 265/30/19, same on front, 225/25/19 to a 235/35/19 - the rolling radius difference is less than 1% and the upscale makes the car much more comfortable and controllable in my opinion. Plenty of talk on the forums about this. The Alpina cars come with upscaled tyres as standard. For some reason the wider tyres are much cheaper.
tyre reviewed on June 19, 2014
Given 20% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo v70 D5 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 1,500 average miles
these were fitted to a v70 when i purchased the car,1500 miles later changing to a branded name, in the dry they offer some grip and feedback as would any tyre but give it a raindrop and OOOHHH it wants to go dancing,no grip,feedback or control, avoid and save lives,i didnt think these sort of tyres made it though testing before being sold to the public, maybe tighter laws even on budget tyres, i wouldnt buy these if they were 99p fitted....
tyre reviewed on October 14, 2013
Given 19% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan R33 Skyline GtS25T (235-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 1,000 easy going miles
I bought my R33 Skyline with these despicable tyres installed.
They are the worst tyres imaginable.

Any moisture on the road and they just slip, going round a bend at a moderate speed and suddenly your doing some super gangster drifting.

Its not just corners .....

Want to make people think your car has got something like a million horsepower and just cant get traction you need some of these.

Look at me I can do fish tails in 3rd gear .

Seriously though its bigger than this tyre review forum , bigger than the Internet, bigger than the both of us... its Rotalla trying to take over the planet by killing everybody with their teflon coated tyres.

tyre reviewed on July 8, 2013
Given 16% (breakdown) while driving a Holden SS V 6Ltr (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 2 average miles
These are a death trap!!!!!! In the wet they are impossible to keep straight. Sideways in a roundabout is not pretty. I bought the car with them on they were new and I've replaced them due to the danger. After a few thousand k's, 3 of the 4 had also delaminated.

These should not be sold.

The retailers I speak to are surprised at my reaction to the tires but these really are shocking. My families life comes before cheap tires!!!!!!
tyre reviewed on February 18, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with cartyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Search by Tyre Size: