Rotalla F105

Show all: Rotalla tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Rotalla F105 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 12 tyre reviews averaging 42% over 43,202 miles driven.

Rotalla F105

54%

57%

27%

Rotalla F105 Reviews

Given 88% (breakdown) while driving a Rover 75 (215-55-16-W)
Had these tyres on now for just over 1000 miles its still early days , yet they
give a good overall feel , dry grip is good & in the wet feels ok too with over
35 years driving in all kinds of conditions & with all the big brands i can fully recommend these tyres.
I also tow a 1200 kg caravan & feel these tyres are no different from any of the well known expensive brands some other reviews on these tyres need to be taken with a pinch of salt , they are GOOD & SAFE for £40 odd a corner are a real bargin .
if anyone really pushes a car they can get ANY brand to under perform
tyre reviewed on September 25, 2014
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 335D (265-30-19-W)
Contrary to popular opinion, in my experience, these tyres outperformed my Continental Sport Contact 3's - which only lasted 8000 miles on the rear of my 335d. I had one to begin with on the front left which did offer some understeer especially in the wet but nothing to shout about, very progressive and controllable. This has worn 1mm in 8000 miles. I now have a set of these on the rear and the car feels much more alive - the continentals made the car feel very skittish at the back, these Rotalla's seem like a softer compound but also wear more evenly and slower. Admittedly not the most amazing tyres out there, but for the money (£67 each for a 265/30/19) they are worth every penny. I normally buy top brand expensive tyres but i thought id give budgets a go as the car came with some already and i was pleasantly surprised.

The guy who fitted them said he had problems with these tyres in the past with the sidewalls collapsing, but i have had no experience of this so far.

They have a good tread pattern and look very neat on the vehicle. There is more rim protection on these than on Continental Sport Contact 3's.

Those of you who own e92 BMW's on 19" wheels, don't be afraid to go from a 255/30/19 to a 265/30/19, same on front, 225/25/19 to a 235/35/19 - the rolling radius difference is less than 1% and the upscale makes the car much more comfortable and controllable in my opinion. Plenty of talk on the forums about this. The Alpina cars come with upscaled tyres as standard. For some reason the wider tyres are much cheaper.
tyre reviewed on June 19, 2014
Looking to buy the Rotalla F105? Click here to search for the best price for the Rotalla F105 or any other tyre.

Given 20% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo v70 D5 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 1,500 average miles
Terrible
these were fitted to a v70 when i purchased the car,1500 miles later changing to a branded name, in the dry they offer some grip and feedback as would any tyre but give it a raindrop and OOOHHH it wants to go dancing,no grip,feedback or control, avoid and save lives,i didnt think these sort of tyres made it though testing before being sold to the public, maybe tighter laws even on budget tyres, i wouldnt buy these if they were 99p fitted....
tyre reviewed on October 14, 2013
Given 19% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan R33 Skyline GtS25T (235-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 1,000 easy going miles
I bought my R33 Skyline with these despicable tyres installed.
They are the worst tyres imaginable.

Any moisture on the road and they just slip, going round a bend at a moderate speed and suddenly your doing some super gangster drifting.

Its not just corners .....

Want to make people think your car has got something like a million horsepower and just cant get traction you need some of these.

Look at me I can do fish tails in 3rd gear .

Seriously though its bigger than this tyre review forum , bigger than the Internet, bigger than the both of us... its Rotalla trying to take over the planet by killing everybody with their teflon coated tyres.

tyre reviewed on July 8, 2013
Given 16% (breakdown) while driving a Holden SS V 6Ltr (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 2 average miles
These are a death trap!!!!!! In the wet they are impossible to keep straight. Sideways in a roundabout is not pretty. I bought the car with them on they were new and I've replaced them due to the danger. After a few thousand k's, 3 of the 4 had also delaminated.

These should not be sold.

The retailers I speak to are surprised at my reaction to the tires but these really are shocking. My families life comes before cheap tires!!!!!!
tyre reviewed on February 18, 2013
Given 34% (breakdown) while driving a MG ZT 260 (225-45-18-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 800 easy going miles
Death Trap!

These tires endanger you, your passengers and other people on the road.

I bought an MG ZT 260 and these tires were already fitted. Driving in the dry wasn't too bad but in the wet it was scary. I had to take corners slowly... very slowly! Lost control momentarily a few times on roundabouts, luckily no accidents caused by it. I've given Progressiveness, Wear and Wet Grip all 1 star, reason being they should never be fitted to any car in the first place. I'm sure there must be laws against tires of such poor quality. Burning tires I think is illegal, it's certainly damaging to the environment, but I'm thinking it might be the best way to deal with any remaining F105's left in this world. It's one of those manmade items which makes me feel the human race has failed!
tyre reviewed on December 10, 2012
Given 43% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Vectra SRI 1.9 (150) (225-45-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
These have to be about the worst tyre I have ever experienced dry grip is quite good, however show it a moist tissue and they are like a puppy on teflon. They are DANGEROUS, I shudder to think how they would cope on frost and ice.

I had them on a Vectra that I bought and when on the front the car snow-plowed all the time, I mean all the time in the wet no matter the speed, as long as it was over walking pace, you went straight on!

I swapped them to the rear and I became a drift car driver. It was quite hair raising to some passengers. eventually after a couple of weeks I had to get rid of them.
Take heed of this and beware!!!
tyre reviewed on December 6, 2012
Given 36% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E350 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 100 average miles
Had these tyres fitted temporarily on my W212 E350 because the tyre shop didn't have the tyres i wanted in stock. My God were they horrible. ESP was working so hard to keep me alive during a commute in the wet that it became ridiculous, and as i was going through a relatively easy corner the tyres were making a terrible noise, as if they were gonna give up in any second! Best Part is, that shop told me those tyres "are made by Michelin in Australia", biggest joke i've ever heard ! Stay Away from them ! They're Chinese and not even High Grade chinese, if you value your life, get premium Tyres, having fitted the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2, the Difference is STAGGERING.
tyre reviewed on December 3, 2012
Given 44% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 307 (205-55-16-V)
The Rotalla F105 has quite a long bed-in period, these can take 500 miles to feel comfortable at speeds above 65mph and this tyre is very sensitive to pressure, a few psi will make a big difference to how the car feels with these tyres fitted.
Dry grip is at best OK with minimal feedback from the soft sidewalls, wet grip is quite shocking and offer little resistance to aquaplaning, on the positive note these tyres are long lasting, quiet and provided good economy, 20k miles so far on my 307 1.6 hdi 90 with 58mpg on mixed roads, with about 2k miles left in them before wear markers are level with tread.
My recommendation for these tyres would be only buy them if you drive in towns or cities, on the open road in wet weather these tyres are below expected performance levels, wet motorways are no fun at all !!
tyre reviewed on October 25, 2012
Given 29% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Exeo ST (205-55-16-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 300 average miles
Fitted new on by dealer when buying used car. Acceptable (if vague) in the dry. Terrifying in the wet at any speed over 20mph. Being removed after 300 miles to preserve the life of myself and all those around me. I am in no way a boy racer or "keen" driver but these things scare me when it rains. Avoid.
tyre reviewed on September 28, 2012

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: