Rovelo RPX 998

The Rovelo RPX 998 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 21 tyre reviews averaging 71% over 77,055 miles driven.

2017 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Shootout - 44th of 43 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Rovelo RPX 998

Questions and Answers for the Rovelo RPX 998

2018-01-25 - where are rovelo tyres made?

Rovelo tyres are made in China by parent company Sailun

Top Rovelo RPX 998 Review

Given 87% while driving a BMW 330 Ci Sport (255/35 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Bought full set for 220 pounds. Other priority makes are that much for one tyre. Had them on for only about 2K miles in various conditions in England and Wales so far - I am a very experienced and enthusiastic driver. MPG has improved from 29 to 34 average. Quieter and absorbing uneven/holed surfaces with greater comfort, but perhaps slightly less feedback. Grip is fine - I have no intention of attempting the lap record at the Nurburgring !

It was a risk - however I believe they are really good tyres for the money and I am very pleased with my decision. Definitely recommended.
78 - tyre reviewed on March 12, 2015

Latest Rovelo RPX 998 Reviews

Have you driven on the Rovelo RPX 998 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the RPX 998.

Given 49% while driving a Audi A5 2.0 TDi (2017) (255/35 R19 V) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
These tyres were fitted to an Audi A5 black edition coupe I bought. Although they are new. They are dreadful in the
wet. You cannot put any power on in a bend or you just slide. They also give wheel spin in wet conditions. I was a Police driver for 30yrs and would not recommend in the wet
0 - tyre reviewed on August 10, 2019
Given 37% while driving a Mercedes Benz C200 Kompessor Coupe Auto (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
I've Got just over 5k miles on these tyres. Awful really as i'm a careful driver. They still have a few mm of grip but the car is sliding all over the place so i need to get them changed.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 3, 2019
Given 84% while driving a BMW 525 TDS (245/40 R17) on mostly town for 14,000 spirited miles
£45 a corner

Excellent all rounder, handling is crisp and feedback is good. Nice progressive tyre with plenty of grip wet and dry.

Puts premium brands to shame.

Only replacing rear tyres due to budge cause by me hitting a kerb.

Have just ordered a new pair.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 25, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI 160 (245/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
This is my second review of these tyres (first one mondeo ST) this time round on my insignia diesel. I have been more than happy with the performance of these tyres in the dry, wet and snow. Infact they did brilliant in the snow during the beast from the east. However on this car and the mondeo they lasted no longer than 7000 miles on the front axle which is very disappointing. I still have 6.5mm on the rears so they should last a while on the rear.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 11, 2018
Given 34% while driving a Saab Automobile Saab 93ss Aero 250bhp (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
These tyres were fitted to the car at the front when I bought it.

Without doubt these are the worst tyres I've driven on. Grip is ok in the dry, but they down right dangerous in the wet. Zero feedback from the wheel, an alarming amount of understeer and also a lack of resistance to aquaplaning. With 6mm of tread on them I was reduced to 45 mph on the M61 to stop it sliding off the road. The lack of grip is so bad that the car will light it's wheels up in third at 60mph on a damp motorway without using the clutch.

Also wet weather braking is atrocious and changes in tarmac type can have the car skipping as the grip level changes and the tyres react. Not a confidence inspiring tyre at all.

Honestly to everyone saying they are ok and they saved me money, that's fine until you find yourself in an emergency situation. Yes I drive a little faster than some but even if I drove slowly I'd be wary of fitting these due to the braking and wet weather ability. Definitely worth paying the extra money for a premium brand.

4 - tyre reviewed on October 29, 2018