Runway ENDURO 656

The Runway ENDURO 656 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 11 tyre reviews averaging 36% over 208,200 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Runway ENDURO 656
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Runway ENDURO 656
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Runway ENDURO 656. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Runway ENDURO 656 Review

Given 59% while driving a Volvo V70D5 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 4,000 spirited miles
My supplier fitted this complete pile of crap - He says they have stopped making the Enduro 916 which is a fantastic tyre in all conditions. This is terrible - fitted October replaced December.no chance of buying again. DO NOT BUY
18 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2015

Latest Runway ENDURO 656 Reviews

Have you driven on the Runway ENDURO 656 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the ENDURO 656.

Given 51% while driving a Rover Streetwise S 1.4 (205/50 R16) on mostly town for 14,000 easy going miles
Replaced two front tires, lasted 3 years and 14000 miles. Have had no trouble with them, but I am now old and calmer now that i am retired. The original Goodyear tires lasted over 25000 miles.
3 - tyre reviewed on February 15, 2017
Given 14% while driving a Audi A6 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 6,000 easy going miles
RUNWAY PERFORMANCE 926 not even if free
13 - tyre reviewed on June 26, 2016
18 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2015
Given 54% while driving a MG MGTF (205/45 R16) on mostly country roads for 800 spirited miles
Don't even think about Runways on a performance car.

I had a pair on a couple of replacement rear wheels I bought for the MG TF. The tyres were almost new and still had the molding flash on them.

In dry conditions felt OK, grippy in the dry but fairly progressive; the car would make gradual transition into a drift as the back wheels lost grip. Nothing scary and easy to control and the limit was pretty high. Pretty much ideal performance for a mid engined car.

In the wet they seemed to have no grip whatsoever leading to oversteer anywhere. Not good, wet days involved a lot of tip-toeing around.

After a about a month they started cracking around the treadblocks and breaking up. They looked like they were falling apart and in a pretty dangerous condtion. I put the car in my garage removed the wheels and took them to the fitters in my other car, I wasn't going to drive on them again...

The tyre fitters who put the replacements on wondered if they'd overheated. I'm not so sure as there were no signs of blistering and the edges were well defined, the rubber on hot tyres tends to walk around a bit and this didn't appear to have happened. I don't think you can generate that much heat on the roads.

Transferred my old Toyo Proxes from my old (buckled) wheels on to the new rims and the car was back to it's grippy, predictable self.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 1, 2012
Given 32% while driving a Volkswagen Golf Mk3 VR6 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 900 average miles
Called into the local tyre fitters -was going to have Goodyear Eagle replacments but they didnt have them when I called but had these Runway Enduro,s - I never heard of them but they assured me they were good medium grade tyres- reasonably prices so I had a pair put on.
My first two trips out were long distance motorway ones on cold wet days -The car didnt feel comfortable and seemed slippery -then on B road roundabouts felt very slippery and uncertain - At first I put this down to the poor weather conditions- my second trip in similar conditions proved much the same- I drove more carefully than normal thinking it was the road conditions although I had never experianced such situations before (even though the previous set of Goodyears were wearing down)-- then the penny dropped that it must be the tyres- after some internet research this situation seems common to these tyres- In the dry they seem fair, but I,ve never pushed anywhere near limits-In all I,ve lost confidence in these tyres , though I,ve done about 900 miles-I,m getting rid of them in the next few days !!!!
1 - tyre reviewed on February 28, 2012