Sailun Atrezzo Z4 AS

Show all: Sailun tyres, SUV and 4x4 Summer Touring tyres
The Sailun Atrezzo Z4 AS is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4s. Below is data from 30 tyre reviews averaging 65% over 153,781 miles driven.

Sailun Atrezzo Z4 AS

Sailun Atrezzo Z4 AS Reviews

Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord (205-65-16-T)
Driving on a combination of roads for 11,000 easy going miles
bought a used accord 2008, and the salesman was so glad to tell me youtr lucky , ive put new tires on the car, so about 11,000 milles the tires are crack on the middle , spend more and get better
tyre reviewed on September 26, 2015
Given 39% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 3.0 litre TDI S Line Quattro (255-35-19-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 2,000 easy going miles
I had these tyres on a second hand car for a couple of months. One of them was ready to go and had a bubble on the sidewall. If they are only going to last a couple of months then that is the wrong side of useless. It's a false economy to buy these cheap tyres and I've replaced them all with a set of Michelins.
tyre reviewed on August 10, 2015
Looking to buy the Sailun Atrezzo Z4 AS? Click here to search for the best price for the Sailun Atrezzo Z4 AS or any other tyre.
Given 43% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI (225-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 100 average miles
If you work early mornings and have trouble staying awake on your commute to work, these tires are for you. When driving on them whether it be city speeds or highway speeds, it sounds like you are in an aircraft. These tires are so unbelievably loud and hum so much I got rid of them after 2 days. They also cause a lot of vibration in the footwells.

Seriously, stay away from these. Spend an extra $200 and get a half decent pair of tires. The only reason I had these was because I got new wheels and the tires came with them. I'm not on ContiProContacts and the difference is absolutely unbelievable.
tyre reviewed on June 16, 2015
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Megane (225-40-18-W)
Good allround tyre
On my Renault Megane 2 RS sport 225 HP , they are very good tires especially on wet condition under 7°c , as good as expensive brand , for a low priced tyre I was very impressed .Wear is exceptionnal on my sport car , after 10000 kms , the wear is only 60% on front and 40% rear , well I run sometimes very fast and they lasted well .
With these tires , I drive securely , no bad issue . A really good surprise, I bought these whithout reading any review ,very satisfy .
Now I am trying the new ZSR for my new Megane 3 sport 250 HP for summer use.
Sailun made good product ,you can try it , sure .
tyre reviewed on April 19, 2015
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Vectra SRi 2.2i 150 (215-50-17-W)
For the price I find these tyres are really good value. I have now done over 8k miles with a full set and they have a lot of wear left in them ,I can see them doing another 8k easily. They handle well in the dry and wet and also do a good job in snow. Im not a mad driver but do like to push now and then and these tyres give me no cause for concern. they have an aggressive tyre tread pattern and a good looking sidewall. Cornering is good but sometimes they will let you know that they are giving but this has happened on the tightest of roundabouts in damp weather. They are not noisy on my car as some people have said on here and give a comfortable ride. Overall I would have no problems in buying this tyre again given price V performance.
tyre reviewed on March 26, 2015
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus Zetec S Ecoboost 180 (215-50-17-W)
Had two of these on my car for nearly a year and around 11-12k miles now. They still have 4.5mm tread left and have spent most of their life on the fronts of a 180bhp Focus Zetec S ecoboost, so really can't complain about the wear rate.

I had them on the back from spring through summer last year as I wanted to minimise wear and save the nice all season treads for the winter, but tbh I couldnt wait til the winter to swap my Michelin Primacy HPs from the front to the back as with the Sailuns on the rear it felt twitchy with the back stepping out on cornering wet or dry. I think a combination of the softer sidewall and less grip than the Michelins. Never any major panic moments but I didn't like it.

So I lasted until Sept before I swapped the Primacy HPs back to rear and the Sailuns to the fronts. Much better/more predictable. I then drove like I was driving miss daisy to avoid wearing them down before the snowy season so never really pushed them hard but still noticed them approaching their limits and never felt confident with them. At this point I was already thinking about what I would get next and and it wasn't going to be these...

Now you're probably wondering why the high review scores?

Well, when the snow and ice finally came this winter they had maybe 5mm tread left and I have to say I was impressed! If I was to rate previous tyres I've had such as Conti Sport Contact a 0/10 when driving on snow/ice, and Nankang Snow SV2 a 10/10, then I would say the Z4 AS's were about a 5 or 6/10. Much, much better than summers on snow, so as a year round tyre in the UK they get a big thumbs up from me.

And now that we are probably past the coldest weather and I'm not in tread saving mode anymore, I've started pushing them a bit harder and even though it's still cold and wet I am finding they are better than I thought... yeah the ultimate limits are maybe only 85-90% of a good summer tyre but they are very progressive for me and let you know they are losing it without snapping, lift off the throttle and they start gripping just fine again. I've no doubt they would let go and scare anyone who doesn't drive progressively, but if you drive sensibly you can make good progress with these tyres just fine. In the hands of someone who doesn't push their (or their car's limits) they would probably never know the difference between these tyres and a premium brand costing twice as much or more!

Also contrary to some other reviews I've not noticed terrible road noise (maybe pressure related? I run mine slightly higher than recommended (32) pressure at 35psi), and wearing nice and evenly too. Reckon they'll last 15k miles easily before getting to 3mm at which point I usually change my tyres.

My verdict: a perfect budget tyre for all year round use in the parts of the UK that are prone to snow on occasion.

Caveat: Don't mix them by fitting on the rear with a stiffer sidewalled/grippier pair of tyres on the front axle. Fitted to fronts or as a set of 4 recommended.
tyre reviewed on March 7, 2015
Given 44% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 11 average miles
Having just changed to Goodyear tyres today, I think it's wise to inform people that you really do get what you pay for!

Purchased the Atrezzo's about a year ago 225/40/ZR18 92W. I paid 52 quid a tyre, so... cheap enough!
Whilst the grip in both wet and dry is pretty decent, the tyre noise (road feedback) makes the inside of your car sound like a Boeing 747 on take off!

The noise (after 9,000 miles) got so bad that I replaced all 4 wheel bearings thinking it was something different. Tyres couldn't possibly make 'that' much noise right??, wrong!, upon changing them today, the car is now silent (an absolute god send).

The rubber on these tyres is also concrete hard, so your ride becomes very firm, to the point whereby you can feel every pebble you drive over. Worse if your car has load (almost unbearable with 4 people and camping gear).

That being said, due to the firmness of the rubber, wear is almost none-existent even after 9,000+ miles. I've looked at them today, and they look brand new still with 4+mm all-round.

In summary, a cheap, grippy tyre in all conditions, with minimal wear, but comfort levels and the ability to hear your radio or passenger is almost none-existent.

Will I buy these again, hell no!... Got 4 Goodyear ProEfficient Grip tyres from blackcircles for 85 a tyre... not bad for a top brand!
tyre reviewed on January 24, 2015
Given 75% (breakdown) while driving a Rover 75 2.0 cdti Tourer (225-45-17-)
This is for ZS+
Fitted in the back come out of workshop on typical rainy autumn day did roundabout stunt and my back was almost overtaking front not the brightest idea. 500+ miles later same stunt followed by nice progressive controlled slide. Not sure about wear but holds road as well as Dunlop 3000 something twice the price so when Dunlops will go will not hesitate.
tyre reviewed on December 13, 2014
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord iVtec Type S saloon (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 12,000 average miles
After 12000 miles there is still enough rubber on the tyres, I guess that will make another 5-6 k before changing them.

Driving under 35 miles/hour they are not noisy, however over 35 they are.

Dry grip is good but on the wet now with 2 mm rubber on the front, I don't like them. If you accelerate just a little fast the fronts spin and it becomes dangerous especially if you are on a corner. Breaking though still feels quite ok.

For a budget tyre they are ok to fit imo comparing price/quality. It's half the price of a premium brand and offer some quite acceptable performance. And they last at least the same number of miles if not more.

Given I had researched a lot, I admit that I expected more from this tyres, but ok, I am not dissatisfied. However, next time I will search for something else. I
tyre reviewed on December 12, 2014
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile Aero 1.9 TTID (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 20 average miles
Previously I have left a review about these tyres after only doing a couple of hundred miles and another user criticised me for this. I would just say that by making it clear I had only done a couple of hundred miles my review would have been read in that light by most people.

Well 20k miles on my opinion has not changed at all. The tyres have not let me down, the progressiveness is good and I am pleased with all aspects. Best tyre ever? No. Best tyre at this price? In my opinion, yes. It is also good to see Sailun actively trying to establish a brand based on quality.
tyre reviewed on October 19, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with cartyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Search by Tyre Size: