Sava Eskimo S3+

The Sava Eskimo S3 Plus is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 17 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 142,000 miles driven.

2018 ADAC Winter Tyre Test - 175/65 R14 - 8th of 12 tyres

• Positive - Good in the snow
  • Negative - Relatively weak in the dry and wet

2017 ADAC Winter Tyre Test - 195/65 R15 - 15th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Especially good in the snow
  • Negative - Weak on dry roads, relatively weak in the wet

2015 Winter Tyre Market Overview - 21st of 51 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Sava Eskimo S3 Plus
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Sava Eskimo S3 Plus. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Sava Eskimo S3 Plus Review

Given 66% while driving a Opel Corsa (165/70 R13 T) on mostly town for 8,000 average miles
PRO
- Impressive grip on snow,
- Quiet even at 70mph and very easy to steer them.
- Above-average road feedback.

CON
- Poor grip on dry and wet tarmac.
- When they lose grip, they tend to be wild.
- Worn very fast, lasting 8000 miles, driven mostly in the city.
59 - tyre reviewed on April 18, 2016

Latest Sava Eskimo S3 Plus Reviews

Have you driven on the Sava Eskimo S3 Plus tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Eskimo S3 Plus.

Given 76% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 7 TDI (195/65 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 30,000 average miles
The tire has average dry grip but not even close to be dangerous. In wet its little better. In snow it's excellent. Grip in snow is outrageously good. Handling and breaking is very good in snowy conditions. On ice has good grip and breaking. Wear is very low. In comperison to continintal or michelin in my opinion is better in snow and worse in dry conditions. On average in my opinion very good snow tire.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 4, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Volkswagen Golf Mk5 1.9 TDI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
I have a good experience with them. Used the all seasons, 2 winters the tires are kinda done, only this winter are usable but still they have a good drip in the snow and ice.
On heavy rain i've had pretty good grip, almost drove like it was dry, never had aquaplane with them, the noise when they were new was a little high but it's not that much of a problem, after they worn out a little bit the noise disappears.
Handling was very good, didn't had any problem. I do recommend them, and they are pretty cheap.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 27, 2019
Looking for new tyres? Watch this video now!
Given 76% while driving a SEAT Toledo (185/60 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
Driven one winter season, very good on snow, soft tyre, comfortable and quiet, handling - medium rating, low price. These were made in Spain, XL version. I dont like Sava eskimo pattern. Estimated lasting on front tyres (front wheels drive) 20000+ km, on rear weels 30000+ km.
5 - tyre reviewed on August 24, 2017
Given 91% while driving a CitroŽn 1.0 petrol (155/70 R13 T) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
So, this is an initial review after driving on these tyres for 1 season from mid November to mid March in Croatis. I bought them new and they were made in 2016 in Poland. Take this review with a grain of salt because I can only compare these Eskimos to some old winter tyres (Klebers and Barums I think) that were on the car when I bought it and with my current summer tyres (Nokian iLines).

I decided to change my old tyres last fall when I noticed a disconcerting lack of grip on damp roads. I bought only 2 tyres because money was an issue and had them installed to the front. I bought them for 300 kunas ( approx. 40 euros) a piece at my local garage with everything included, so it was a good deal. The change was very positive. Dry grip was very good and wet grip was much improved (unlike some drivers here I don't find these tyres lacking in the wet, just the opposite, even when compared to my Nokians). Road feedback is good and at first I taught the handling was pretty good, that is until I put the Nokians on. The iLines are much better and much sportier, but to my surprise the Eskimos are more comfortable and quieter. Just to note my profile, or my car for that matter, isn't sporty but the differences are pretty noticeable.

OK, so they are a pretty decent winter tyre in these regards but where they really shine is where you'd expect them to: in the snow. We had a couple of days of snowfall here in Croatia and it was real "canadian" weather. I'm talking 30 centimeters of snow on the road in a couple of hours. I needed to make a trip to a nearby town and I felt confident after reading the reviews on this site. Let me tell you I was unstoppable. The snowplows couldn't clean the snow at the rate it was falling, the weather was really bad but I never lost control. I went up some steep roads and down feeling safe.

There you have it. These tyres are safe, comfortable, magnificent in the snow and cheap, although not sporty at all. The wear seems minimal for now and I can recommend them to people who want cheap and comfortable dedicated winter tyres.
18 - tyre reviewed on May 1, 2017
Given 100% while driving a Subaru Impreza (175/70 R14) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
I drive these tyres on a subaru impreza.On snow and ice its basically unstoppable with them.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 1, 2016