Sunny SN3800

Show all: Sunny tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Sunny SN3800 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 48 tyre reviews averaging 33% over 180,541 miles driven.

Sunny SN3800

29%

21%

Tyre Test Results:

Sunny SN3800 Reviews

Given 47% (breakdown) while driving a Audi 1.8T Quattro (235-40-18-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Very cheap budget tire. For the price it cost it is a very good tire. Good grip on dry but very very poor on wet. Driving fast and cornering sharp on wet is a very bad idea. Also very loud when driving on motorway.
tyre reviewed on March 14, 2014
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Eclipse (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 16 spirited miles
Read and understand what you're buying before just taking a cheap price. These are great tires for what they were designed for. Sunny is a major producer of drift tires in Asia. They have hard compound, it makes them very loud, but makes them consistent and predictable for racing applications. If you have a car you intend to play around in, these tires are for you. If you're looking for noise reduction and stability in all-weather, by all means, put for the money for luxury brands. If you're looking for cheap, at least know what you're buying. I did my research and got what I was expecting. For all of you that didn't, you got what you paid for.
tyre reviewed on December 10, 2013
Looking to buy the Sunny SN3800? Click here to search for the best price for the Sunny SN3800 or any other tyre.

Given 26% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile (215-55-16-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I had this tyres on Saab 9-5 2.3t, they were an absolute rubbish! Noisy as hell and with almost none wet grip. I put Michelin Primacy HP after and the difference was unbelievable.
These are cheap tyres, waste of money, its better to buy eventually second hand ones in good condition that this ones.
tyre reviewed on September 28, 2013
Given 40% (breakdown) while driving a Chevrolet 96 Corvette LT4 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
These tires were on a used car I bought. They looked pretty good and I didn't pay much attention to them in the test drive. After driving the car for a couple of days I started noticing the road noise. I thought the rear wheel bearings were going but it was the tires. These are the noisiest tires I have ever owned. Probably part of the Chinese Communist Party plan to cut down on the number of drivers going to sleep at the wheel. Besides being noisy they are hard as rocks and the lack of predictable adhesion adds a new dimension to spirited driving. If your car is just going to be a static display I can recommend these tires but if your car is capable of velocities in excess of 40 MPH keep looking.
tyre reviewed on August 16, 2013
Given 13% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf Make VI GT 160 HP (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 100 average miles
As all the comments have already said these tyres are absolutely shocking I bought a car with them already on, I thought the car had wheel baring issues and and alignment problems with the vibrating and whining, then the rain came and just about crashed the car as they were that bad so came on hear read the reviews and straight away got new tyres all noises have gone and as it was still raining went the same road at the same speed and handled as it should have done. So if anyone reads this before makes the mistake at buying these tyres DON'T DO IT!!!!!
tyre reviewed on July 25, 2013
Given 23% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Kuga (235-50-18-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 350 easy going miles
These tyres are terrible. Glide in the wet, terrible road noise feedback, and a loud growl when braking. They look the part as far as a tyre goes but perform terribly. They turned my car from a pleasure to drive into a nightmare. 8 days was all I could stand before I changed them for another make and asked the tyre garage to dispose of them.
tyre reviewed on May 9, 2013
Given 55% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Echo (195-55-15-N)
Driving on mostly town for 26,000 easy going miles
These tires were a great deal price wise but we had them on a 105 horsepower Toyota Echo and they lasted 26 thousand miles and were at the "bald bar indicator." I was really hoping all cheap Chinese tires would at least get 30k miles but nope. Probably will not buy these again they did not last at all and thats really sad considering they were on a low horsepower vehicle and we rotated the tires every 3k miles.
tyre reviewed on May 6, 2013
Given 20% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E320 (225-55-16-)
Driving on mostly town for 2,000 easy going miles
These were fitted to my Mercedes E320 by the dealer when I went to collect the car. They are extremely noisy, whining, rumbling and vibrating very heavily even after several attempts to balance them. I was completely sure my wheel bearings were on the way out and went to several mechanics who found no fault in them. One mechanic even charged me $1000 to change my front control arms before I found it was the tyres causing the noise.

Put on a set of Bridgestone Turanza Serenity tyres and the car was completely transformed afterwards - in 25 years of driving I have never experienced a bigger change in a car for such a small cost.

Do not buy Sunny tyres, they are junk. May as well roll down the road on bare rims.
tyre reviewed on April 19, 2013
Given 21% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru 2008 Forester Diesel (165-65-16-H)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
The used Subaru Forester came with these fitted by the main dealer. I questioned them at the time and was assured they 'are fine for the Forester' Not so. The car steps out on bumpy corners. Sometimes the front and sometimes the rear. Almost like being on a skid pan. Thought it was the steering linkages or anti-roll bar bushes at first. Returned it to the dealer but they found nothing wrong. Please bear in mind this is no performance car! I changed to Dunlop and hey presto. I wouldn't recommend Sunny tyres - not even on your wheelbarrow.
tyre reviewed on April 7, 2013
Given 34% (breakdown) while driving a Honda (225-45-17-)
Thought front wheel bearings were on the way out. Very noisy indeed, especially on over run. Abs frequently kicked in on wet roads. Changed to goodyear and it's a different car.
tyre reviewed on February 24, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with Asda Tyres to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!