Sunny SN3970

Progressiveness 52%
Sunny SN3970

The Sunny SN3970 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 40 tyre reviews averaging 56% over 455,725 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Sunny SN3970
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Sunny SN3970. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Sunny SN3970 Reviews

Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz CLK350 Coupe (255/35 R18) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Reading previous reviews, i think these tyres depend on what car you drive. I put them on my car as both my previous back tyres succumbed to bad punctures and couldnt be repaired. So i thought pay a third of the cost. I have found them to be quite reasonable, great in dry conditions and good feel, not too bad in the wet. I have only got 10,000 miles out of them and they have got progressively noiser with wear. Debating wether to get another pair or pay double for the new uniroyal rainsports that i have on the front!!!!
0 | - tyre reviewed on May 12, 2016
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota supra turbo (255/35 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
These were fitted new on the rear of a set of alloys i bought for my mk3 toyota supra. I was going to replace them before fitting to the car as its highly modified, with 365bhp and 420lb/ft of torque, but decided to give them a try. They performed very well with lots of grip in the dry, only a fool would try hard in the wet with 365hp i dont care what tyres were fitted. With that much torque it dosnt take much to make the rear step out of line, but i had to use quite a bit of right foot to make them break traction, i was impressed. I also maxed the car at 175mph ( private road of course ) without a hint of vibration. Noise was not a problem because the car is so loud anyway. When i priced them i couldnt believe how cheap they were, so paying three times as much for premium tyres proves to me your paying a lot for the name when budget tyres like these will perform at 80% of the premium ones. I wouldnt say all budget tyres are as good as these, but in this case the people who rubbish these dont know what there talking about, or are brand snobs. If your on a budget, Go and buy them, you wont be disappointed.
0 | - tyre reviewed on September 24, 2015
Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E270 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I had some sunny 18" on the back wheels when I bought the car. Had to mot the car 2 months later. Mot tester found that the inner sidewalls were TORN/SHREDDED on both wheels ALL THE WAY ROUND. They still had 7mm of tread left. I feel like I've had a lucky escape. I will not recommend these tyres or buy them again.
0 | - tyre reviewed on August 18, 2015
Given 32% (breakdown) while driving a Audi S3 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 100 spirited miles
bought a car with four of these on first time it rained was like driving on a skid pan avoid at all cost binned them with over seven mm on that's how bad they are
1 | - tyre reviewed on July 17, 2015
Given 31% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall (215/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
BY FAR THE WORST TYRES I HAVE EVER HAD FITTED ON A CAR IN OVER 22yrs OF DRIVING!!! These should never be allowed on cars for normal road use. The road noise is deafening! Total waste of money, stay away from them and NEVER fit them to your car!
0 | - tyre reviewed on June 9, 2015
Given 54% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus 2.0 S TDCi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
Bought two of these for my Focus. Had to move them from front to rear as road noise was loud, very loud. Still noisy on rear but not as bad as before. They handle fine in the dry, not so well in the wet. If you drive normally in the wet they are fine, but if you are a "spirited" driver or like quiet tyres, I would avoid.
0 | - tyre reviewed on April 19, 2015
Given 14% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330d M Sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Worst tyres I have ever bought, Have a BMW 330D M sport and the tyre walls on these sunnys are very weak, once they get warm, go round a corner and the alloy ends up scraping the road. apprantly wet road grip is 'B'. I really don't think so. Going back to my Bridgstones, thought I would give this a try and never again. If you want to crash your car, feel free to buy these tyres.
0 | - tyre reviewed on April 13, 2015
Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 2.5 TDI Quattro (235/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 15,000 average miles
Sunny SN 3970 looks good BUT in wet........bad grip! Also the life of the tyre is poor. In dry conditions and easy going drivestyle it's a good tyre. Cheap price.
0 | - tyre reviewed on April 2, 2015
Given 26% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
These were fitted to the car when I bought it. Never EVER get a 'Sunny' tyre. These are lethal. I've swapped them for something that doesn't to try kill me and my family every time there's a hint of rain.
0 | - tyre reviewed on January 4, 2015
Given 44% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 407Hdi (215/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 11,000 spirited miles
Diabolical. Rubber cracked between the treads after covering 11k in 10 months.

They've become so noisy I had my mechanic check for wheel bearing failure.
0 | - tyre reviewed on August 31, 2014