Sunny SN3970

Show all: Sunny tyres, Passenger Car Summer Touring tyres
The Sunny SN3970 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 27 tyre reviews averaging 62% over 373,225 miles driven.

Sunny SN3970

65%

58%

Tyre Test Results:

Sunny SN3970 Reviews

Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330 Ci Sport (255-35-18-)
Replaced a set of worn continentals with Sunnys on my BMW 330ci.
For normal road driving in wet and dry I cannot complain about them. I have had no terrible wet weather experiences recounted by others. I believe they have achieved a an EU "B" wet braking rating which my practical experience would support.
Pay your money and take you choice. I belive they are a decent tyre for an excellent price.
tyre reviewed on March 6, 2014
Given 37% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz CLK 280 (255-35-18-)
Driving on mostly town for 22,000 average miles
Tyres were already on car when I purchased it. Grip went from dire in the dry to what the #### in the wet. Even when they did manage to grip in the dry it didn't feel good as the soft side walls did not inspire confidence. The constant whine made journey's unbearable. However the wear rate was amazing lasted well over 20,000 miles.
tyre reviewed on March 5, 2014
Looking to buy the Sunny SN3970? Click here to search for the best price for the Sunny SN3970 or any other tyre.

Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330ci se (255-35-18-V)
Yes I do some research before buying.First bought these tyres for a 1.2 Corsa and now on a 330 Bmw.They are perfectly good tyres with a slightly softer quiet ride.Fine under heavy braking and in corners.I will buy again.
tyre reviewed on February 3, 2014
Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 16V Life (Twinport) (195-55-16-)
I had 2 Sunny tyres fitted to the front of my 2009 Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 in 2011.
The original Continental tyres were replaced after 31500 miles and the Sunny tyres are now ready to be replaced having covered a further 26000 miles.
I cover 15000 miles per year and having replaced the two Continental tyres on the rear after 42000 miles I am now about to purchase another 2 Sunny tyres for the front.
I have nothing bad to say about Sunny tyres - They are not particularly noisy and have good grip in both wet and dry conditions
tyre reviewed on November 12, 2013
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Megane (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 13,000 easy going miles
4 news tyers fitted at 61, 000 miles on Feb 2012 now at 74, 500 july 2013, and just the front is comming to the limit and the back 2 are almost near the limit, overall not too bad but for 64.50 per tyre what does one expect for budget tyres, but would get again if on offer, overall for cost and partiality, 6.5/10
tyre reviewed on July 11, 2013
Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI 160 (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
I bought 4 new Sunnys from mytyres for my Insignia saving £100 each over top brands.
They cost £40 to have them fitted - after having them delivered direct to the tyre garage. Absolutely no problem with them. I`ve clocked 120mph in the dry and 80mph in the rain. They are really quite running and the car coasts easily in neutral suggesting good fuel rating. I would recommend. I could put 2 sets on and still be in pocket. Top brands are all marketing and not always substance - in my opinion.
tyre reviewed on April 24, 2013
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 530D M sport (235-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 180,000 spirited miles
After reading some of the reviews on here I was wondering if I realy had signed my own death warrant! So I test drove a BMW 330 Ci with these on and was very impressed, traction and handling on a dry uneven surface was very good and can be compared with Dunlop sports maxx. In the wet well any car can spinout on a corner if your try hard enough, its about driver input and vehicle positioning. A lot of what people have written could be avoided if they had taken advanced driving tuition, whether they are a sales man travling 20000 miles or a senior Ford technition. If you drive a high proformance car buy high performance tyres. I have a BMW 530d with these and they are definatly fit for purpose.
tyre reviewed on April 22, 2013
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 Avant S Line (143) (225-35-18-W)
Got these fitted to the fronts at the moment, and I don't have a bad thing to say about them. They have been on about 6 months / 4500 miles, and I drive 60% town and 40% motorway. Too early to comment on wear yet, but when first fitted, they seemed noticeably quieter than the Michelin pilot sport, and I don't detect any lack of performance, at normal driving styles.
I'll have no hesitation fitting these to the rear, when needed. Couldn't buy them at a local tyre fitter, so they were ebayed with free delivery from Ireland, then fitted locally for about £15 / tire. These tyres offer outstanding value, just a shame we can't make them in the UK!
tyre reviewed on March 20, 2013
Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a BMW E61 535d lci (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
Not as bad as some people suggest, overall wear well and very well priced nearly 1/3 of the price of branded tyres, which you have to bear in mind. Fitted to my 535d estate and still hold on in the dry with some 450ft lb of torque. As with most road tyres drive to the conditions in the wet and not the best in cold/ ice. For the price I'd recomend
tyre reviewed on January 4, 2013
Given 40% (breakdown) while driving a BMW E46 330d (225-45-18-)
Had these on an e46 330d fitted when i bought the car ok in the dry but break away in wet very easily on tight corners and roundabouts you needto take it very easy gave me fair few scares and had to drive like miss daisy in wet, would not buy these myself e46s are much better fitting at least nankang ns2 or falken fk42 if you have short funds dont just take my word check out any bmw forums
tyre reviewed on October 29, 2012

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with Asda Tyres to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!