Sunny SN3970

Show all: Sunny tyres, Passenger Car Summer Touring tyres
The Sunny SN3970 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 37 tyre reviews averaging 55% over 439,725 miles driven.

Sunny SN3970

55%

45%

Tyre Test Results:

Sunny SN3970 Reviews

Given 32% (breakdown) while driving a Audi S3 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 100 spirited miles
bought a car with four of these on first time it rained was like driving on a skid pan avoid at all cost binned them with over seven mm on that's how bad they are
tyre reviewed on July 17, 2015
Given 31% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall (215-50-17-W)
BY FAR THE WORST TYRES I HAVE EVER HAD FITTED ON A CAR IN OVER 22yrs OF DRIVING!!! These should never be allowed on cars for normal road use. The road noise is deafening! Total waste of money, stay away from them and NEVER fit them to your car!
tyre reviewed on June 9, 2015
Looking to buy the Sunny SN3970? Click here to search for the best price for the Sunny SN3970 or any other tyre.

Given 54% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus 2.0 S TDCi (225-45-17-)
Bought two of these for my Focus. Had to move them from front to rear as road noise was loud, very loud. Still noisy on rear but not as bad as before. They handle fine in the dry, not so well in the wet. If you drive normally in the wet they are fine, but if you are a "spirited" driver or like quiet tyres, I would avoid.
tyre reviewed on April 19, 2015
Given 14% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330d M Sport (225-45-17-)
Worst tyres I have ever bought, Have a BMW 330D M sport and the tyre walls on these sunnys are very weak, once they get warm, go round a corner and the alloy ends up scraping the road. apprantly wet road grip is 'B'. I really don't think so. Going back to my Bridgstones, thought I would give this a try and never again. If you want to crash your car, feel free to buy these tyres.
tyre reviewed on April 13, 2015
Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 2.5 TDI Quattro (235-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 15,000 average miles
Sunny SN 3970 looks good BUT in wet........bad grip! Also the life of the tyre is poor. In dry conditions and easy going drivestyle it's a good tyre. Cheap price.
tyre reviewed on April 2, 2015
Given 26% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota (225-45-17-)
These were fitted to the car when I bought it. Never EVER get a 'Sunny' tyre. These are lethal. I've swapped them for something that doesn't to try kill me and my family every time there's a hint of rain.
tyre reviewed on January 4, 2015
Given 44% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 407Hdi (215-55-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 11,000 spirited miles
Diabolical. Rubber cracked between the treads after covering 11k in 10 months.

They've become so noisy I had my mechanic check for wheel bearing failure.
tyre reviewed on August 31, 2014
Given 38% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 328ci (255-35-18-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 200 spirited miles
i was looking for a tyre to give me very poor wet road grip(fitted only to rear) for to have some cheap fun with. i read the reviews this tyre and thought "they sound shit, i'll try them". i expected them to be pants and they are. driving normally and legally they aren't a problem what so ever. totally fine for the normal average driver. i fitted them to the rear of my bmw hoping for some fun as i normally have michelin super sports on which are amazing. taking corners 70mph+ these tyres wobble and make it feel like your driving on a oil slick, not a nice feel and above 130mph they are rather scary. In the dry when you want them to loose grip they are unpredictable, road noise isn't a issue for me but they were 'droney' (if thats a word) when above 80mph. they do however smoke very well. on the whole these are cheap tyres. if you pay peanuts thats what you get. if you want something and expect them to be great then get a proper tyre
tyre reviewed on August 30, 2014
Given 14% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar X Type 3.0 SE auto (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 200 average miles
Fitted these tyres cos I was skint. After almost killing myself in the wet I took them off and borrowed some dish and fitted Pirelli. If you drive under 40 in the wet you may live, how these. Tyres have got a safety mark beats the hell out of me.. Only buy if you want to die.
tyre reviewed on May 4, 2014
Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo 130 TDCi Zetec (225-40-18-)
Overall good price/performance ratio. Used them on a mondeo 2.0 TDCi tuned to 186 HP 408 Nm. Could chase a BMW 330CD chip-tuned by me, and it was fun! Rear tyres suffered from uneven wear, got worn out on the inside quite fast - must be a wheel alignement problem. Had a puncture by a screw on a highway while chasing some italiano in BMW E90 at 190+ km/h (120+ mph) - rear left tyre went flat. Nothing really happened, the car became a bit gummy, and let me know something was wrong. I released throttle and drove about one kilometer at 110 km/h to get out of the tunnel and then stopped on a SOS place. This tyre sure did its job - even when flat!

Otherwise this tyre can be driven very sporty. You still hold the control of your car even when oversteering through the corner. Very good in dry, a bit worse in wet, it really depends on the type of surface. Very loud ride - I don't like it. Maybe that's because of uneven wear on the rear axle. Fuel economy went worse for a fair bit when switching from 215 mm GY Ultragrip-8 to 225 mm Sunny 3970. They lasted 30000 km (a bit less than 20k miles). Fast speed stability ok, was quite confident even at 240 km/h (150 mph). I don't know if I'd buy again, I really disliked the noise. It didn't bother me when I was alone in the car, but trying to talk to someone at 130+ km/h was almost like in a rally car. If they were quieter, I'd probably buy again.
tyre reviewed on May 2, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: