Sunny SN3970

Progressiveness 52%
Sunny SN3970

The Sunny SN3970 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 42 tyre reviews averaging 56% over 472,725 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2014 Auto Bild 50 Summer Tyre Shootout - 33rd of 50 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Sunny SN3970
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Sunny SN3970. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Sunny SN3970 Review

Vauxhall Vectra SRI 1.9 (150) (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 2,000 easy going miles
I have brought a Vectra 1.9 CDTi 16v from a dealer and I found it had 4 new tyres fitted “Sunny 3970” I have had cheap tyres before on cars and found that they are fine so long as you don’t drive past 80% of the cars capability. Well, after reading the reviews from the first few comments I nearly panicked and started looking at spending £600+ the next day. I am so pleased I decided to live them for a few weeks to see if all the negativity was right, well I am pleased to say it wasn’t and I have driven them on the motorway “they are quiet and comfortable” in the dry they stick like glue – in the wet! Well yes drive above 70-80% of car and they will give way. I would have no issue buying another set and seeing that the price is 60% cheaper, BRING THEM ON
1 - tyre reviewed on October 16, 2011

Latest Sunny SN3970 Reviews

Given 43% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 TCDI (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 7,000 easy going miles
I couldn't afford any better tyres for my Mondeo and yes I read and took with a pinch of salt the "ditchfinder" comments. However the noise levels after a little while became almost unbearable to the extent I decided I might have to go out and get a job to buy a better tyre. No. I am not on the dole but am retired. Then the other day an un-maintained bit of road with a catseye sticking 5cms above the surface ripped a hole in the outside wall of the offside front tyre. Yesterday I got another "puncture". On taking the rear wheel off it became apparent that the inner rear wall was stripped to the steel all round and in two places there was only the inner webbing visible. These are tyres one should be very careful of. On the subject of inflatable things this experience has definitely put the wind up me I can tell you!
I have discovered that tyres now have a decibel rating as well as fuel economy and braking efficiency. Just remember though that 3 decibels is the difference between virtually intolerable and fairly quiet.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 3, 2016
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz CLK350 Coupe (255/35 R18) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Reading previous reviews, i think these tyres depend on what car you drive. I put them on my car as both my previous back tyres succumbed to bad punctures and couldnt be repaired. So i thought pay a third of the cost. I have found them to be quite reasonable, great in dry conditions and good feel, not too bad in the wet. I have only got 10,000 miles out of them and they have got progressively noiser with wear. Debating wether to get another pair or pay double for the new uniroyal rainsports that i have on the front!!!!
0 - tyre reviewed on May 12, 2016
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota supra turbo (255/35 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
These were fitted new on the rear of a set of alloys i bought for my mk3 toyota supra. I was going to replace them before fitting to the car as its highly modified, with 365bhp and 420lb/ft of torque, but decided to give them a try. They performed very well with lots of grip in the dry, only a fool would try hard in the wet with 365hp i dont care what tyres were fitted. With that much torque it dosnt take much to make the rear step out of line, but i had to use quite a bit of right foot to make them break traction, i was impressed. I also maxed the car at 175mph ( private road of course ) without a hint of vibration. Noise was not a problem because the car is so loud anyway. When i priced them i couldnt believe how cheap they were, so paying three times as much for premium tyres proves to me your paying a lot for the name when budget tyres like these will perform at 80% of the premium ones. I wouldnt say all budget tyres are as good as these, but in this case the people who rubbish these dont know what there talking about, or are brand snobs. If your on a budget, Go and buy them, you wont be disappointed.
1 - tyre reviewed on September 24, 2015
Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E270 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I had some sunny 18" on the back wheels when I bought the car. Had to mot the car 2 months later. Mot tester found that the inner sidewalls were TORN/SHREDDED on both wheels ALL THE WAY ROUND. They still had 7mm of tread left. I feel like I've had a lucky escape. I will not recommend these tyres or buy them again.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 18, 2015