Sunny SN3970

Show all: Sunny tyres, Passenger Car Summer Touring tyres
The Sunny SN3970 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 29 tyre reviews averaging 60% over 393,425 miles driven.

Sunny SN3970

62%

55%

Tyre Test Results:

Sunny SN3970 Reviews

Given 14% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar X Type 3.0 SE auto (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 200 average miles
Fitted these tyres cos I was skint. After almost killing myself in the wet I took them off and borrowed some dish and fitted Pirelli. If you drive under 40 in the wet you may live, how these. Tyres have got a safety mark beats the hell out of me.. Only buy if you want to die.
tyre reviewed on May 4, 2014
Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo 130 TDCi Zetec (225-40-18-)
Overall good price/performance ratio. Used them on a mondeo 2.0 TDCi tuned to 186 HP 408 Nm. Could chase a BMW 330CD chip-tuned by me, and it was fun! Rear tyres suffered from uneven wear, got worn out on the inside quite fast - must be a wheel alignement problem. Had a puncture by a screw on a highway while chasing some italiano in BMW E90 at 190+ km/h (120+ mph) - rear left tyre went flat. Nothing really happened, the car became a bit gummy, and let me know something was wrong. I released throttle and drove about one kilometer at 110 km/h to get out of the tunnel and then stopped on a SOS place. This tyre sure did its job - even when flat!

Otherwise this tyre can be driven very sporty. You still hold the control of your car even when oversteering through the corner. Very good in dry, a bit worse in wet, it really depends on the type of surface. Very loud ride - I don't like it. Maybe that's because of uneven wear on the rear axle. Fuel economy went worse for a fair bit when switching from 215 mm GY Ultragrip-8 to 225 mm Sunny 3970. They lasted 30000 km (a bit less than 20k miles). Fast speed stability ok, was quite confident even at 240 km/h (150 mph). I don't know if I'd buy again, I really disliked the noise. It didn't bother me when I was alone in the car, but trying to talk to someone at 130+ km/h was almost like in a rally car. If they were quieter, I'd probably buy again.
tyre reviewed on May 2, 2014
Looking to buy the Sunny SN3970? Click here to search for the best price for the Sunny SN3970 or any other tyre.

Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330 Ci Sport (255-35-18-)
Replaced a set of worn continentals with Sunnys on my BMW 330ci.
For normal road driving in wet and dry I cannot complain about them. I have had no terrible wet weather experiences recounted by others. I believe they have achieved a an EU "B" wet braking rating which my practical experience would support.
Pay your money and take you choice. I belive they are a decent tyre for an excellent price.
tyre reviewed on March 6, 2014
Given 37% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz CLK 280 (255-35-18-)
Driving on mostly town for 22,000 average miles
Tyres were already on car when I purchased it. Grip went from dire in the dry to what the #### in the wet. Even when they did manage to grip in the dry it didn't feel good as the soft side walls did not inspire confidence. The constant whine made journey's unbearable. However the wear rate was amazing lasted well over 20,000 miles.
tyre reviewed on March 5, 2014
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 330ci se (255-35-18-V)
Yes I do some research before buying.First bought these tyres for a 1.2 Corsa and now on a 330 Bmw.They are perfectly good tyres with a slightly softer quiet ride.Fine under heavy braking and in corners.I will buy again.
tyre reviewed on February 3, 2014
Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 16V Life (Twinport) (195-55-16-)
I had 2 Sunny tyres fitted to the front of my 2009 Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 in 2011.
The original Continental tyres were replaced after 31500 miles and the Sunny tyres are now ready to be replaced having covered a further 26000 miles.
I cover 15000 miles per year and having replaced the two Continental tyres on the rear after 42000 miles I am now about to purchase another 2 Sunny tyres for the front.
I have nothing bad to say about Sunny tyres - They are not particularly noisy and have good grip in both wet and dry conditions
tyre reviewed on November 12, 2013
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Megane (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 13,000 easy going miles
4 news tyers fitted at 61, 000 miles on Feb 2012 now at 74, 500 july 2013, and just the front is comming to the limit and the back 2 are almost near the limit, overall not too bad but for 64.50 per tyre what does one expect for budget tyres, but would get again if on offer, overall for cost and partiality, 6.5/10
tyre reviewed on July 11, 2013
Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI 160 (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
I bought 4 new Sunnys from mytyres for my Insignia saving £100 each over top brands.
They cost £40 to have them fitted - after having them delivered direct to the tyre garage. Absolutely no problem with them. I`ve clocked 120mph in the dry and 80mph in the rain. They are really quite running and the car coasts easily in neutral suggesting good fuel rating. I would recommend. I could put 2 sets on and still be in pocket. Top brands are all marketing and not always substance - in my opinion.
tyre reviewed on April 24, 2013
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 530D M sport (235-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 180,000 spirited miles
After reading some of the reviews on here I was wondering if I realy had signed my own death warrant! So I test drove a BMW 330 Ci with these on and was very impressed, traction and handling on a dry uneven surface was very good and can be compared with Dunlop sports maxx. In the wet well any car can spinout on a corner if your try hard enough, its about driver input and vehicle positioning. A lot of what people have written could be avoided if they had taken advanced driving tuition, whether they are a sales man travling 20000 miles or a senior Ford technition. If you drive a high proformance car buy high performance tyres. I have a BMW 530d with these and they are definatly fit for purpose.
tyre reviewed on April 22, 2013
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 Avant S Line (143) (225-35-18-W)
Got these fitted to the fronts at the moment, and I don't have a bad thing to say about them. They have been on about 6 months / 4500 miles, and I drive 60% town and 40% motorway. Too early to comment on wear yet, but when first fitted, they seemed noticeably quieter than the Michelin pilot sport, and I don't detect any lack of performance, at normal driving styles.
I'll have no hesitation fitting these to the rear, when needed. Couldn't buy them at a local tyre fitter, so they were ebayed with free delivery from Ireland, then fitted locally for about £15 / tire. These tyres offer outstanding value, just a shame we can't make them in the UK!
tyre reviewed on March 20, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: