Toyo Open Country All Terrain

The Toyo Open Country All Terrain is a All Terrain and Off Road All Season tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

Tyre review data from 11 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 179,500 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Toyo Open Country All Terrain
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Toyo Open Country All Terrain
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Toyo Open Country All Terrain. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Toyo Open Country All Terrain Review

Given 73% while driving a Toyota rav (225/65 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 55,000 spirited miles
These tires came with the RAV4 that I bought brand new summer of 2011. I am a fast and spirited driver who does a lot of city and highway driving. These tires have been through two patches, all the recommended tire rotations and I'm over 55,000 miles. I am needing to replace them and am considering buying another set. My only hesitation is price and on some Rav4 forum there was a bit of complaining about these tires???
77 - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2013

Latest Toyo Open Country All Terrain Reviews

Have you driven on the Toyo Open Country All Terrain tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Open Country All Terrain.

Given 71% while driving a Hyundai Tucson (235/60 R17) on a combination of roads for 11,000 miles
Having had these tires on my crossover for almost a year, I can safely say I have made the right tire choice as I drive roughly 20.000 miles in a year.

I have tried several different brands of tired in the 2 years I've owned my crossover and the Toyo's have been superior!

My only regret is that I didn't get them sooner.

They have gotten me everywhere I wanted to go in comfort and safety.

If I can find another set in a different size I will buy them again.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 8, 2019

My only regret is that I didn't get them sooner.

They have gotten me everywhere I wanted to go in comfort and safety.

If I can find another set in a different size I will buy them again.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 7, 2019
Given 91% while driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7 LTD (245/65 R17 H) on mostly country roads for 12,000 easy going miles
Purchased these Feb 2018 just after buying my 2004 Jeep GCL 2.7, due to the previous Volvo V50 having a PSA engine....

Have done about 12k miles on them so far, tried in gravel, mud, snow, ice and rock and will say that they are a superb all-rounder. I have full confidence in them now and know I made the right choice in buying them.

Economy - my Jeep is getting better MPG than manufacturer stats
Noise - no noticeable extra noise compared with the road tyres they replaced
Wear - hardly wearing at all, I'm not surprised they last 50k miles. Makes me laugh when I remember wearing out 4 new Yokohamas in 10k miles that were fitted on my classic (proper) Mini.
Tarmac - not pushed it to it's limits on the road as it's a proper solid axle 4x4, not a racing car, so these are more than adequate for the vehicles that they were designed for.
Wet grip - never had reason to panic, it goes round corners, stops etc as it should
Snow/ice - it's fantastic to be able to drive past £80k "premium 4x4s" that are stuck in snow! This is worth the investment alone!
Mud - not really got in-deep as they are not MT tyres, however, I have been on slippy stuff on a hill (snowy wet grassy sloppy mud) they got me up it. MT tyres would without doubt excel here.
Rock/gravel/sand - no worries here really either

I would recommend them to anyone with a 4x4 or AWD that needs to go off road or have a play once in a while, or is even just wanting peace of mind - they will not let you down.

Mud Terrain tyres they are not, so any serious off-roading will require more aggressive tyres.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 28, 2018
Given 79% while driving a Isuzu DMAX (275/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 31,000 average miles
They're good tires, to expensive for what they last. Pay $220 for each tire
11 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2017
Given 90% while driving a Jeep XJ Cherokee (225/75 R15) on mostly country roads for 15,000 spirited miles
I bought these tyres about two years ago after reading so many good reviews about them and I haven't been disappointed. I found them to be unstoppable in the snow, allowing me to easily pull stuck cars up hills in my old Jeep Cherokee which was also full of passengers. They are comfortable and quiet in normal road and motorway conditions. The Jeep is quite powerful with no traction control so can be a handful on corners in 2 wheel drive, but I've never felt out of control with the Toyos fitted.
They cover both bases a lot better than you would expect I think they are great value.
After 15000 miles, mine have a long life ahead of them yet and I would definitely buy again.
10 - tyre reviewed on April 10, 2015

See all 11 customer reviews of the Toyo Open Country All Terrain (newest first) >>