Toyo Open Country All Terrain

Progressiveness 80%
Toyo Open Country All Terrain

The Toyo Open Country All Terrain is a All Terrain and Off Road All Season tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

Tyre review data from 7 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 114,500 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Toyo Open Country All Terrain
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Toyo Open Country All Terrain
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Toyo Open Country All Terrain. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Toyo Open Country All Terrain Reviews

Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota rav (225/65 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 55,000 spirited miles
These tires came with the RAV4 that I bought brand new summer of 2011. I am a fast and spirited driver who does a lot of city and highway driving. These tires have been through two patches, all the recommended tire rotations and I'm over 55,000 miles. I am needing to replace them and am considering buying another set. My only hesitation is price and on some Rav4 forum there was a bit of complaining about these tires???
1 | - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2013

Latest Toyo Open Country All Terrain Reviews

Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Jeep XJ Cherokee (225/75 R15) on mostly country roads for 15,000 spirited miles
I bought these tyres about two years ago after reading so many good reviews about them and I haven't been disappointed. I found them to be unstoppable in the snow, allowing me to easily pull stuck cars up hills in my old Jeep Cherokee which was also full of passengers. They are comfortable and quiet in normal road and motorway conditions. The Jeep is quite powerful with no traction control so can be a handful on corners in 2 wheel drive, but I've never felt out of control with the Toyos fitted.
They cover both bases a lot better than you would expect I think they are great value.
After 15000 miles, mine have a long life ahead of them yet and I would definitely buy again.
-1 | - tyre reviewed on April 10, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors (235/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
SORENTO PURCHASED IN APRIL 2010 DURING THE WINTER WE HAD DEEP SNOW FROM NOV TO FEB IN MY AREA FINDING SLIPPAGE WITH THE STANDARD TYRES I SWITCHED TO THE TOYO OPEN COUNTRY AND THEY NEVER LET ME DOWN INFACT I WAS THE ONLY ONE ABLE TO LEAVE MY VILLAGE OFTEN IN A FOOT OF SNOW,5 YEARS LATER WITH 100.000 MILES ON THE CLOCK I HAVE JUST FITTED THE 4TH SET OF TOYO'S THEY ARE GREAT BOTH ON AND OFF ROAD AND LAST WELL.
ON A RECENT SKI TRIP TO SCOTLAND IN SNOW DRIFTS I GOT PAST MANY OTHER LARGER 4X4 VEHICLES WITHOUT PROBLEM. EVEN IN MUD THEY ARE GREAT PULLED A FEW CARS OUT OF DEEP MUD AT AN OPEN AIR CONCERT LAST YEAR.
0 | - tyre reviewed on January 28, 2015
1 | - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2013
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Land Rover Discovery 2 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
Bearing in mind this is an All Terrain tyre and therefore a compromise, it is surprising just how good this tyre is off-road. I cannot fault this tyre on snow and having driven through deep snow both on and off road the only thing that stopped me was when the depth of snow pushed the vehicle up under the floor.
On road it handles well and there is little appreciable increase in road noise.

These tyres have a long way to go but when the time comes I shall certainly be fitting them again
-1 | - tyre reviewed on January 21, 2013
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Landcruiser (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 35,000 spirited miles
Had these tyres on a Landcruiser amazon and done over 35,000 on them, excellent on road in any condition, very good off road. Used many AT tyres in the past BFG, General etc both on and off road and have found these to be the best overall of the lot.
0 | - tyre reviewed on October 5, 2012

See all 7 customer reviews of the Toyo Open Country All Terrain (newest first) >>

Write a customer review >>