Toyo Proxes CF2

The Toyo Proxes CF2 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Toyo Proxes CF1

Tyre review data from 54 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 347,039 miles driven.

2019 ADAC Summer Tyre Test - 185/65 R15 - 8th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Good in the dry.
  • Negative - A little weak in the wet.

2018 AutoBild Summer Tyre Overview - 27th of 47 tyres

2017 Auto Express Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 11 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Toyo Proxes CF2

Questions and Answers for the Toyo Proxes CF2

2016-07-09 - Would these be suitable for a Mazda mx5 1.8 mark 3 and are the tyre walls soft. Many thanks.

The CF2s have reasonable sidewalls, though depending on how sporty you want your drive there might be better choices. Check out our MX5 tyre review page for other suggestions.

2016-11-04 - I'm looking to buy tires for my hybrid Honda Jazz (175/65/15 84H) and i'm considering buying these (Toyo Proxes CF2) or Falken ZE914. I don't know how to take in consideration all the ratings here (official tests & customers reviews) because most of the usage here is for sports cars and bigger tires that are not my case. I'm looking for a good tire for calm driving that would do well if i ever accidentally take a turn too fast on dry or wet road and has good fuel efficiency. Thanks ahead! p.s - please refer to the two tires i mentioned as they both cost the same and are available in my country in the size i need

Of the two tyres mentioned, we would likely pick the Falken, only because it is a slightly newer pattern. Our experience with each tyre is low though, so we're also only going by what reviews and tests are telling us.

2018-02-01 - Hello! If possible, could you please inform me about the weight of the tire Toyo Proxes CF2 215/55/16 97V. Thank you very much

We don't have exact data for the Toyo CF2, however it should fall between 8 and 10 kgs.

Top Toyo Proxes CF2 Review

Given 100% while driving a Alfa Romeo (195/60 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 8 average miles
Fitted those a year ago, standard size for the Alfa 147 1.6 TS, they are amazing and excellent price / quality ratio, paid 300 Euros for a full set.

No shortcomings noticed yet, braking, grip (wet & dry), feedback, comfort, these are the ones to go for.
189 - tyre reviewed on June 23, 2016

Latest Toyo Proxes CF2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Toyo Proxes CF2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Proxes CF2.

Given 77% while driving a Mazda 3 Series (205/60 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 25,000 spirited miles
25,000 miles (40,000km) on the front of a 150hp Mazda 3 diesel. Remarkably long lasting so good value.
The tyre is hard (squeals in hard cornering) and doesn't quite have the dry grip I'd like - way batter than some though. Wet grip is surprisingly good. I'd probably go for a premium brand but for mid range these are excellent.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2019
Given 91% while driving a Alfa Romeo MiTo (195/55 R16 H) on mostly town for 10 spirited miles
The best choise! Great cornering, amazing wear lasting, precise braking and very good response at wet conditions.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 24, 2019
Honda (185/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
I replaced the original Dunlops with these CF2's on my wifes Honda Jazz 18 months ago. When new the tread depth was 7mm. After 15000 miles I checked the fronts and was amazed that they are now 6mm which means they are excellent value for money. The dry grip is confidence inspiring and very progressive in the wet plus give a very compliant and low noise ride. I really cant fault them especially as they came in about £10 cheaper per tyre than other premium brands. Highly recommended for anyone who wants excellent value for money.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 2, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Hyundai i40 tourer (205/60 R16) on mostly town for 10,000 spirited miles
Fantastic tyres. Fitted all 4 10k miles ago. By this mileage the fronts would be 2/3 worn. Not these they have hardly shed a mm, it’s usually the outer shoulder that goes first hitting the roundabouts quickly but these are withstanding the punishment really well.. so for wear rate they are brilliant. Wet grip is also fantastic, very confident inspiring, I’ve not had to slam on in an emergency in the wet but I’m happy I’ve got the best grip available if I have to, compare with rainsport 3 they are right up their in terms of wet grip and handling. But offer much more longevity, I’ve had the rainsport 3s and managed to get 10k miles at a push on the front, that’s taking them right down to the legal marker. I much prefer to change no less than 2mm
Buy again.. absolutely no doubt. I’ve found a perfect tyre, I no longer have to trawl thru review after review to find something good. Just buy and drive no hassle.. happy days
4 - tyre reviewed on March 23, 2019