Toyo Proxes CF2

The Toyo Proxes CF2 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Toyo Proxes CF1

Tyre review data from 33 tyre reviews averaging 87% over 174,824 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2014 Auto Review Summer Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 - 4th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Good grip and handling in the wet, good comfort, low price
  • Negative - Lack of dry grip
  • Overall - Toyo Proxes CF2 - excellent tyres! The car performs well on the track and road. On dry pavement Toyo tyres provide confident braking, but on the track the light steering results in a handling delay, and during a high-speed corner the car sometimes required a correction of drift. But they provide a quiet soft ride. And light: the coefficient of rolling resistance of these tyres are included in the top three. And the most important advantage - price. Of the "first line" tyres, these are the most affordable tyres - Toyo Proxes CF2. Recommended.

2014 AMS Summer Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 - 5th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Easily controllable and safe tyres with good wet grip and steering precision. Good ride comfort.
  • Negative - Mild deficiencies in aquaplaning and steering response.

2015 Auto Review Summer Tyre Test - 7th of 9 tyres

• Positive - Strong sidewalls, comfortable, good price
  • Negative - Dry grip, average wet grip
  • Overall - Excellent shock resistance, good dry braking and handling, but a weak wet formance and average comfort leaves Toyo sixth. Well priced.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Toyo Proxes CF2

Questions and Answers for the Toyo Proxes CF2

2016-07-09 - Would these be suitable for a Mazda mx5 1.8 mark 3 and are the tyre walls soft. Many thanks.

The CF2s have reasonable sidewalls, though depending on how sporty you want your drive there might be better choices. Check out our MX5 tyre review page for other suggestions.

2016-11-04 - I'm looking to buy tires for my hybrid Honda Jazz (175/65/15 84H) and i'm considering buying these (Toyo Proxes CF2) or Falken ZE914. I don't know how to take in consideration all the ratings here (official tests & customers reviews) because most of the usage here is for sports cars and bigger tires that are not my case. I'm looking for a good tire for calm driving that would do well if i ever accidentally take a turn too fast on dry or wet road and has good fuel efficiency. Thanks ahead! p.s - please refer to the two tires i mentioned as they both cost the same and are available in my country in the size i need

Of the two tyres mentioned, we would likely pick the Falken, only because it is a slightly newer pattern. Our experience with each tyre is low though, so we're also only going by what reviews and tests are telling us.

Top Toyo Proxes CF2 Review

Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo (195/60 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 8 average miles
Fitted those a year ago, standard size for the Alfa 147 1.6 TS, they are amazing and excellent price / quality ratio, paid 300 Euros for a full set.

No shortcomings noticed yet, braking, grip (wet & dry), feedback, comfort, these are the ones to go for.
86 - tyre reviewed on June 23, 2016

Latest Toyo Proxes CF2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Toyo Proxes CF2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Proxes CF2.

Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Avensis (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 6,000 average miles
Quiet tyres, perfect in all conditions. Оnly with aggressive acceleration on wet asphalt tires lose traction earlier than expected but it is not a problem.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 1, 2017
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 200 miles
Extremely quiet tyres. Great grip in dry/wet. Car runs really smooth.
5 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2017
Volkswagen (215/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 50,000 average miles
With the tires I made 50000 kilometers in 1.5 time on a motorway but more so on rural roads summer winter. I think they are very honest in relation to price performance as I bought them 300 four.
2 - tyre reviewed on September 30, 2017
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Opel meriva (185/60 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Nice tire, silent, good grip at cornering.
3 - tyre reviewed on September 26, 2017
Given 92% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 626 (195/60 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
My first Toyo tyres and not the last. I switched to these Toyo tyres after Continental ContiPremium 5. Conti were great, but every year worse and worse.

Tyres feels glued to the road on dry and wet conditions. I was too fast in one curve, which was sharper then I expected and I believed that I will slide but the tyres hold me on the road.
Sidewall is too soft, I can feel it during faster cornering but that means they are comfortable. Harder sidewalls a little and loosing some comfort would be better. Soft sidewall also means longer reaction when turning the steering wheel.
I have no problem with the tyres during heavy rain on highway with 130km/h speed, they feels safe on wet. No problem with braking on dry or wet. I think that they brake on wet much better then Continentals.

Wear is not visible yet, but I am low on mileage so no problem for me if wear too fast, I will have to change to new tyres after 4 year if weared to 3mm or 6mm.

No sliding the wheels during fast starts - kickdowns. I had a lot of these, usually on wet with Continentals..

Made in JAPAN.