Toyo Proxes Sport

The Toyo Proxes Sport is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 6 tyre reviews averaging 71% over 19,300 miles driven.

2019 SUV 4x4 Summer Tyre Test - 7th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good handling on gravel and in the dry, high aquaplaning resistance.
  • Negative - Poor wet handling.
  • Overall - Good.

2019 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Test - 15th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Very good aquaplaning results, good wet handling, good comfort.
  • Negative - Average dry grip, high wear, high rolling resistance.
  • Overall - Conditionally recommended.

2019 Summer 53 Tyre Braking Shootout - 19th of 45 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Toyo Proxes Sport
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Toyo Proxes Sport. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Toyo Proxes Sport Review

Given 91% while driving a BMW 318d M Sport Touring (E91) (245/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
Amazing tires, last long and sticks like glue even in the rain!
89 - tyre reviewed on August 3, 2017

Latest Toyo Proxes Sport Reviews

Have you driven on the Toyo Proxes Sport tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Proxes Sport.

Given 76% while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
You can always tell fake reviews like the one below by the "BMW M240i" driver, they completely go against general feedback and come across as extremely negative. Well I'm glad they made it so easy for others to identify.

Here's my review. I like the Proxes Sport as a cheaper tyre that isn't the best in all categories, but performs well enough to earn its Sport name. I do both longer drives and quick blasts too, and after almost 2000 miles I feel they are a good tyre for both... if you can put up with the less supple nature of them. They aren't comfort tyres and that's why I marked them lower in that category. Any tyre that is better feedback will sacrifice comfort. Road noise however is excellent for the money, I'd say they are quieter than the Proxes T1s I had previously. Grip is fine in dry and wet, with its wet performance an improvement on the old Proxes.

I'd definitely buy them again assuming there weren't any better options out there for the money. 7.5/10.
12 - tyre reviewed on October 6, 2018
Looking for new tyres? Watch this video now!
Given 33% while driving a BMW M240i (245/35 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
I drive a BMW M240i with Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Since I installed a limited slip differential (for improved grip and handling) I needed a set of less expensive tyres to play around a little (make drifts), so I bought a set of these just for the rear.

What I expected was medium quality tyres with less grip, especcially on wet, where most cheaper tyres show their difference with the premium types. But the difference was way bigger than expected!

The car feels unbelievable sloppy in the back. Even when I drive just 120km/h on the highway it is very sensible to tracks in the road and I have to steer all the time to make the car go straight. When I accellerate really hard to 200km/h the back feels like all my bushings are made of gum instead of hard rubber. It scares me to drive it fast.

I am really suprised how bad these tyres are. They have some okay grip, also in wet, but the stability is really bad. I would not have believed new Toyo tyres can make the car feel this much worse.

With my old Michelins back on all the problems were gone. By the way, I also tried a set of supercheap Chinese tyres and the feeling was somewhat alike these Toyo's. So if you want your car to handle in a way it gives you confidence, don't go for these Toyo's. I even doubt I would fit them on my wifes car who drives very slow all the time. Because it really pulls down the quality of the ride. Imagine steering all the time on the highway, instead of going perfectly straight with 1 finger at the wheel.

And for the record, I choose the exact same size as the Michelins.
5 - tyre reviewed on September 13, 2018
Given 51% while driving a Volkswagen Mk7 Golf R (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
These tyres are awful. I removed them after approx 1000 and have replaced them with some delightful goodyear eagle f1s.
The toyos proxes sport were very noisy especially at low speed maneuvering speeds. They have very hard side walls meaning they are very uncomfortable. They also are very narrow compared to the goodyears of the same size offering no alloy protection.
Never again and a waste if money.
23 - tyre reviewed on March 24, 2018
Given 100% while driving a Audi S8 (275/35 R20 W) on mostly motorways for 1,200 spirited miles
Amazing tyres ... I have tried numerous other tyre brands ... this is as close as it gets to Michelin Sport 4S at a fraction of the price.

Wet grip is as good as Michelin Sport 4S ... Road feedback is negligibly less however the comfort is significantly better. Can't tell how the wear will go as I am currently at 1200 miles, judging by now, they can easily go for over 10 000 miles.
45 - tyre reviewed on January 10, 2018