Toyo R1R

The Toyo R1R is a Extreme Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 27 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 161,915 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Toyo R1R
205/45 R16 83W   G C 73
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Toyo R1R. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Toyo R1R Review

Given 87% while driving a Subaru Impreza (205/50 R16) on track for 100 spirited miles
Just done track day at cadwell,The grip was beyond my exspectations,they would not let go! even when we had a heavy shower and almost everyone who stayed out spun or had serious dramas the R1Rs remained planted, A braver or better driver could have pushed much harder.used T1Rs befor,no comparison.
55 - tyre reviewed on September 14, 2011

Latest Toyo R1R Reviews

Have you driven on the Toyo R1R tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the R1R.

Given 84% while driving a Suzuki swift sport (205/50 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 65 spirited miles
After having two sets of these magnificent tyres on my modified swift sport , I would recommend them 100%.Both on road and track they perform impressively good, even on wet conditions.
17 - tyre reviewed on December 26, 2016
Given 76% while driving a Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Hello,
Did choose these tires based on reviews written here.
They're fitted to my only car, Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 with Q2 limited slip differential. Chose them because they offer best performance (Grip, Feedback, Handling) for not that much money. Didn't want to pay premium just for the pretty name on the side wall, so I took four of these.
Immediately I've noticed an improvement in my car's handling, now I can take corners at higher speeds and I always can tell where is the limit of grip in each situation. The off the line acceleration also improved, ASR practically never interrupts, the tires dig in the asphalt very well indeed.
At first, I was worried because of the semi-slick pattern of the thread, that maybe I'll have some hard time in the wet. And yet, for my relief, they give plenty of confidence even in the most showering weather.
The only drawback is the noise. They are a bit noisy. If you're looking for silence in your car, look elsewhere.
I've switched front to back at 6,000 miles, so that rear tires will have plenty of thread (the Alfa is FWD).
I drive fast and hard most of the time, but I think I can squeeze 18,000-20,000 miles from them.
This is my mid-life review of the Toyo R1R.
12 - tyre reviewed on December 4, 2016
Looking for new tyres? Watch this video now!
Given 76% while driving a Toyota MR2 mk3 Roadster (205/50 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 18,000 spirited miles
Dry grip is amazing . Always wanted a tyre with such performance. It grips so well that pushes my suspension to the limits . regular suspension can not handle this amount of grip .
On wet , performs better that expected . i was afraid that it will fail on wet ( wet but not full of water ) surfaces but handles quite good .
On totally rainy and full of water roads just can not cope with the amount of water and aquaplans a lot so better just avoid driving it on extreme rainy days or take extra care when you have to ...
Another con is the wear. The thread was doing good till i made one track day ( about an hour of track driving ) . The rear ( RWD car ) tyres lost most of their compound and now are at their end of their life ( almost )
Overall ...i enjoyed this tyre a lot , usually when go out on the country side on mount road .
3 - tyre reviewed on November 19, 2015
Given 80% while driving a Renault Clio RS200 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 7,500 spirited miles
these tyres have really impressed me. They have so much grip and are great value for money. They have transformed the clio into a weapon. Everything i have thrown at these tyres they have done and done it well. Good tyres in the dry and the wet inspiring confidence in all driving conditions. I would highly recommend them.
4 - tyre reviewed on July 27, 2014