The Toyo R888 is a Trackday and Competition Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car
This tyre has been replaced by the Toyo R888 R
Tyre review data from 32 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 155,961 miles driven.
Tyre Test Highlights
2018 Sport Auto 19 inch UHP and Track Day Tyre Test - 3rd of 9 tyres
- Positive - Best dry braking result, very good dry handling thanks to excellent grip and extremely precise steering.
- Negative - Very poor in the wet, not recommended for the road. Very loud in the cabin.
2012 Sport Auto Track Day Tyre Test - 5th of 5 tyres
- Overall - In the wet the Toyo doesn't perform, nearly 20 seconds slowest than the fastest tyre, and leaving the car snappy and difficult to drive. In the dry the R888 lacks the steering precision of the other tyres on test, and leaves the rear of the Porsche loose.
2013 Auto Bild Track Day Semi Slick Tyre Test - 6th of 6 tyres
- Positive - Good braking in the dry, and compared to the road tyre on test good cornering
- Negative - The R888 is getting old, it reacts too slowly to steering inputs, pushes through the front wheels and has loud road noise. In the wet, it lacks safety reserves
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Toyo R888
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Toyo R888. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!
Ask a question
We will never publish or share your email address