Toyo R888

Progressiveness 85%
Toyo R888

The Toyo R888 is a Trackday and Competition Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Toyo R888 R

Tyre review data from 30 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 143,961 miles driven.

Reports

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Toyo R888
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Toyo R888. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Toyo R888 Reviews

Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda rx7 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
On a nicely set up RX7 500+ wbhp - any good ...YES. Unsure of any spec. details as required good price sticky tyres & bought un-reviewed (bar use on standard RX7 for a few days). So, what I know:
1. No matter what I throw at them - supreme confidence .. even in wet- unreal in dry. Skips for a split of a second in wet/icy conditions but totally controllable. Enough to scare any all wheel drive WRX STI in same conditions lesser footed.
2. Warm up, not an issue I have found. Aqua planing not an issue either.
3. Noise, hard with my car (even with two boxes) but on the glide I know no quieter road tyre (less tread less noise).
4. Feedback excellent, like a Metzler race tyre on a race bike.
5. Limit? Well hard corners & actual 180-190mph not reached limit (235/265) - even over road like surfaces (rough).
6. Lasted - well have to say as fair if not better than any so far (quite a few, lol). i.e. well. Obviously check camber for inner wear.
7. Any caution? well (again) I had other Toyo's on other cars & the side wall typically stiff. Great for handling But if you have any dinks/wheel balance issues the stiffness of these side walls I think likely to create aggro. Wheel rims in good norm condition are no problem. But then you probably wouldn't be looking at these tyres anyway.
8. Finally :) - Recomend - if you wish a track, road legal tyre I really would not bother looking elsewhere, they are just the job these R888.
~If you just want excellent grip and wet safe driving on a road car (comparitive to the old Goodyear Eagle F1, Avon rainsport without the half wear aquaplaning, worse with falken & like) : then I suggest the excellent Marangoni Zeta Linea If you can get in your size, even gone hard they afford amazing grip.~
Price is worth the safety & performance (as needed) of these excellent R888's & better than many comparitives. Not sure if the benefit would be particular to a typical road car/use though.
1 | - tyre reviewed on January 8, 2013
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi EVO 9 Rally car (255/40 R17) on mostly country roads for 100 spirited miles
Just had these installed on my Group N Rally car in order to set it up for hill climb events. We fitted these on 17 inch wheels and drove the car with a Quantum Tarmac suspension. In the beginning I felt such a tremendous difference that reminded me of my earlier days in Formula Palmer Audi. Huge amounts of grip however maybe the wider size 255/40/17 may have slaughtered a bit the progressiveness of a narrower rally tarmac specced tyre. Overall my expectations in the dry grip department were not only met but exceeded. :))
1 | - tyre reviewed on March 8, 2013

Latest Toyo R888 Reviews

Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta (195/50 R15 V) on track for 1,000 spirited miles
Absolutely excellent tyres, used on a Track day in my little fiesta. Dry grip is phenomenal, wet grip I can't comment on as I didn't use them in the wet. Noise doesn't make any odds when your car barely passes the fly-by at 105Db!

Wear wise I did kill a set on the front in a mornings track time, but I the confidence they give you just push and push. But I will admit I wasn't kind to them, and it was a very hot day. I would definitely give them another go, but I would consider the latest 888's..
0 | - tyre reviewed on February 24, 2016
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Clio RS200 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 7,000 spirited miles
Great tyre on my Clio RS200.
provides superb dry grip, evenon a wet road it performs better that other sport tyres, exceot if there is 1-2 cm of standing water.
It produces some noise when driving 70 km/h or more, on 120-130 very noisy.
Excellent for track day cars or weekend sport driving, not so good for daily drive.
0 | - tyre reviewed on August 27, 2014
Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a MINI Cooper S (205/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles

Better than expected in the wet. They even worked in snow.
0 | - tyre reviewed on April 23, 2014
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Impreza WRX STI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
very good but noisey
0 | - tyre reviewed on March 7, 2014
Given 20% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus RS (225/45 R17) on track for 2,000 spirited miles
bad tyre