Toyo Snowprox S953

The Toyo Snowprox S953 is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Toyo Snowprox S954

Tyre review data from 8 tyre reviews averaging 75% over 74,500 miles driven.

2018 AMS Winter Tyre Test - 10th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Good dry cornering.
  • Negative - Average snow grip, very poor wet braking, oversteer during wet handling.
  • Overall - Recommended.

2015 ADAC Winter Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 - 18th of 19 tyres

2014 50 Winter Tyre Braking Overview - 25th of 48 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Toyo Snowprox S953
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Toyo Snowprox S953. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Toyo Snowprox S953 Review

Given 92% while driving a BMW 520d M Sport (245/40 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
My car bmw e60 5 series, performed so well in snowy/icy mountain roads with these Toyos on. The car did whatever I wanted righaway, either accelerating, stopping, turning... either in snowy hill road or in snowy flat roads I am really surprised. I was not expecting such high performance, especially by considering that my car is RWD. They make you feel like you can go anywhere you want on snow with these tyres on. And can you imagine that they are such good on snow, with a very sporty size of 245/40/18 !

Moreover, these tyres are so good on dry conditions too. I am schocked of how good they are in dry conditions also... I can say they are better than Michelin Pilot Sport when both tyres are cold.

I definitely recommend them for everyone. They are really good in snow, in dry, in wet.

Buy it guys.

ps: I can not say anything for wear and tear, I am using them yet only for 3 months.
8 - tyre reviewed on February 6, 2014

Latest Toyo Snowprox S953 Reviews

Have you driven on the Toyo Snowprox S953 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Snowprox S953.

Given 60% while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 2.4 JTD mjet (215/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
Hi,
Bought these tyres last winter. They will last only one season... Not that they are worn. But I simply consider them as really dangerous tyres.
They are marketed as winter tyres. So you'd expect them to be quite adapted to dry and snow conditions. But unfortunately, they are not.
Quite simple : trying to drive up a hill in the mountains, with fresh and/or melted snow : I managed to arrive at my destination, but that was a really tough ride. Compared to my previous snow tyres (can't remember exactly which they were, but I think they were Continentals) on the same mountain and under the same conditions, it has been really difficult to get there.
About wet road ? Simple : if I enter a roundabout at about 35km/h, the whole car begins to slip all over the place. This experience has been reproductible on several different roundabouts, and thus the result cannot be considered as only a fact that there could have been some oil on the roundabout...
Good that, under those conditions, they show some progressiveness which allows you not to get out of the road...
On wet road, they're OK and even quite good... but for that, I already have some Toyo's R888 that do the job even better :-)

So this has been a real disappointment. Maybe they're simply not adapted to my car ? Or maybe I got the older rubber made which was reported as not good a few posts earlier ?
Can't tell, but as far as I am concerned : those will be replaced this year. Still have to decided what will replace them :-)
0 - tyre reviewed on November 11, 2016
Given 91% while driving a Volkswagen Passat CC (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
I purchased these tires instead of my previous Dunlop SP on my CC Passat.
I tested them on icy road, on snow and wet and i can tell that i am more than surprised, as these tires are 35% less expensive than previous ones.
Especially i am satisfied in wet corners on higher speed and snow grip is fantastic.
Would recommend to anyone
my tire fitment is 235/45/17
1 - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2015
Given 71% while driving a Audi A3 8P Sport 2.0 FSI (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
The first thing to note about these tyres is that there are two versions, both with exactly the same name. The compound was changed midway through it's life, which resulted in the newer verions having much better wet grip on the official EU tests. I am reviewing the newer grippier version.

I unfortunately didn't get to test them on snow this winter, as we didn't have any, but we did have many cold days. During these I found them most excellent tyres, probably better than my previous Falkens. Predictable and very grippy in all conditions would be my assessment.

Effects on the car aside from grip were that the steering become incredibly light, and tyre noise level increased. In the type of car I have neither of these things were an issue.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 6, 2014