Toyo T1R

Show all: Toyo tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Toyo T1R is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 236 tyre reviews averaging 74% over 3,176,511 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Toyo T1S
This tyre has been replaced by the Toyo Proxes T1 Sport

Toyo T1R

Toyo T1R Reviews

Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V70 T5 (205-50-16-W)
Fitted PXT1R toyo on my 97 volvo v70 t5 and all i can say is that the tyres are ok but far to soft in the sidewall but my be ok on small cars but not on the v70 sized cars.If you push my car on a hard turn it feels like the tyres are flat and are going to come off the rims even when im running them at 40psi
tyre reviewed on October 14, 2015
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta (205-40-17-W)
Very good dry grip. Wet grip is a little weak, but it's fine for every day road use. Compared to the Goodyear Eagle F1 A2s I had before (which are far more expensive), these Toyos lasted longer, were quieter and the road feedback was about the same.

For the price these tyres are very good. In my car's size I can get them for as low as £66. I don't think you can do much better for the money
tyre reviewed on October 11, 2015
Looking to buy the Toyo T1R? Click here to search for the best price for the Toyo T1R or any other tyre.
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon Cupra Tdi (225-45-17-W)
I really rate these tyres and have had them on the same car for 5 years plus now (just replaced them again with T1R's) Due to winter tyres too I reckon the first set did 20k+ via rotation. The Leon came with Conti sport contact when when and were pretty much slaughtered after 15k (pre mapped). The T1R's lasted more than 20K on a mapped vehicle pushing out 200bhp as opposed to stock 150bhp. Torque is about 330lbs/ft. They are a good compromise between grip and wear. I would recommend the XL tyres too as these are stiffer walls. I couldn't comment on the std items as have always run on XL's
tyre reviewed on September 4, 2015
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota MR2 mk3 Roadster (215-40-16-)
Road feedback - the big let down with this tyre. I would imagine these are fine for general pootling about, but they're hopeless for any sort of spirited driving due to the soft sidewalls.
When you put load on these through a corner the tyres have to take up the slack on the sidewalls before you feel the grip. Feels floaty & not how a sports car should feel.
Once you have the grip, there's little indication on where that grip ends or where your car will end up when it does.
tyre reviewed on August 18, 2015
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda RX8 (225-45-18-)
Bought these tyres in 2010 lasted for about 20000 miles.

Very Good Grip in dry roads
Good grip in wet roads
Average tyre wear

Want to buy Michelin Pilot Super Sport...

tyre reviewed on July 16, 2015
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo ST220 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 6,000 spirited miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on June 21, 2015
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz SLK 230 (225-45-17-)
Against all the online research I purchased a set of Toyo Proxes T1R 91W's 205/55/R16 front and 225@s for the rears. I really had my doubts but a very good friend owns a tire garage with over 40 years experience. I can't say how I doubted his advice but man o man I'm so glad I had him fit them and had the tracking tweaked. Well 10K miles under the belt and there still running so well. Awesome dry grip and on hot days they just give and give and right on the limit you just start to feel a very progressive break away, always controllable. In the wet again great, they love heavy rain, but like any good tire greasy roads take way more care, but that's common sense.
They are on a highly modified SLK, we even had a track day on them which I thought would show some short falls but again they were good, not a track tire but the odd mad day, great.
As they where cheap I thought they'd feel cheap but no no no. Comfort? If you've been using run flats, then I would have given them an easy ten but if you pay more than double the price for some so called top brands, then you may say 8 is fare, so a 9 I think is the right choice on this Merc. As they are so comfy I uprated front and rear bushes and there still super smooth, so that surely is good praise for budget money. They get a poor fuel economy rating but I have seen NO reduction in mpg what so ever and I had B rated tires before!
Would I buy again? Oh yes and in fact I have a full set of Proxes R888R on order for my summer track day wheels.
tyre reviewed on May 28, 2015
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Honda CRV (225-45-18-)
Top tyres, awesome grip in dry, decent in wet..
Fronts wear out in 10k miles / rears 15k on my car..
Just put my 5th set on..
I drive across A & B roads in Snowdonia most weekends & often get held up by motorbikes!!!
They were even better on my old Honda CRX - Teamed up with EBC turbogroove discs & greenstuff pads, insane braking could make you lightheaded!!! haha
tyre reviewed on May 19, 2015
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Integra DC2 (195-55-15-V)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on March 25, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf MK3 SE (225-45-17-)
195 50 15 on a golf on the most stiff cheap eBay coilovers money will buy. I did well over 10000 miles on the fronts before moving them to the rear but only because wear on the insides was getting to low due to camber and tracking not being right, they're still on there now had no problems what so ever the ones that were on the front still have 6mm in the middle... Great quality and considering work has a account with toyo at £25 they are amazing value for money... They're not terrible on wet grip but not the best, I find that they disperse water well, I've hit standing water at high speeds and the car has reacted well to it, recommend 100%
tyre reviewed on March 16, 2015

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with cartyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Search by Tyre Size: