Toyo T1R

Progressiveness 76%

The Toyo T1R is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Toyo T1S

This tyre has been replaced by the Toyo Proxes T1 Sport

Tyre review data from 240 tyre reviews averaging 74% over 3,192,023 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Toyo T1R
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Toyo T1R
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Toyo T1R. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Toyo T1R Reviews

Given 41% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon 1.9TDi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Have these on my Seat Leon FR and to be short they are dangerous!
Appalling in the wet, little grip, aquaplane easily. They wear out way to fast.
In the dry they give some road feedback and the grip in tight corners is just adequate. Will never have these on my car again (car came with them on).
Although lots of tread left on the rears, as soon as I need fronts which is soon they are all being binned and replaced with Nexen Blue HD plus.
1 | - tyre reviewed on August 2, 2016

Latest Toyo T1R Reviews

Have these on my Seat Leon FR and to be short they are dangerous!
Appalling in the wet, little grip, aquaplane easily. They wear out way to fast.
1 | - tyre reviewed on August 2, 2016
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn Xsara (195/55 R15 V) on mostly country roads for 40,000 average miles
No comments left
0 | - tyre reviewed on July 31, 2016
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru wrx turbo (205/50 R16 W) on mostly town for 0 spirited miles
Quite happy with the tyre performance both in dry and wet including braking. Noisy but car is fitted with coilover suspension which contribute to part of the noise and discomfort.
0 | - tyre reviewed on April 11, 2016
Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic EG (185/55 R15) on mostly country roads for 500 spirited miles
Good tyres always grip well quick to warm up good fun
0 | - tyre reviewed on March 11, 2016
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Astra G (205/50 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 12 spirited miles
normally heard is not a good wet tire is wrong etc, from my experience I think it is more question of the tire of the car in general, in my case the T1R is approved for my car and phenomenal performance gives much grip in dry and wet (rain) can run at the same speed as dry, curves and roundabouts included .

Heat up quickly even at temperatures near 0 degrees (12km).

optimum grip even close witness including wear wet. cons of this is that if the tire loses skinny smooth be drawing near, what happens before the central design, the car cornering and lane changes when it rains tends to go straight as it has no support, so you have to put a new one, so if someone drives without flank and the car loses traction not it is the fault of the tire but poor maintenance of the driver, of course there will be better tires but for my astra g z18x are perfect with Bilstein B6 I have 6 sets of tires and I think about half repetir.

wear 18,000 km without rotating because the flank wear and It becomes dangerous if it rains
-1 | - tyre reviewed on January 27, 2016