Toyo T1R

The Toyo T1R is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Toyo T1S

This tyre has been replaced by the Toyo Proxes T1 Sport

Tyre review data from 275 tyre reviews averaging 72% over 3,599,183 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Toyo T1R
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Toyo T1R

Questions and Answers for the Toyo T1R

2018-07-11 - For many years I used continental's sport contact 2(195/45/15) for my Peugeot 106 and the grip is excellent. I am very pleased with them, during cornering, acceleration etc even with 200BHP without an LSD. But this time I was thinking of trying the T1R's because of the lower price, which are supposed to be great. I am not expecting the grip of the sport contact 2, but i want a progressive Tyre at the limit(very important) and with a bit less grip will be acceptable due to the price but not awful grip... And all the reviews I am reading here and from some tests, some say they are awesome and some say they are the worst tyres with no grip....Almost nothing in between....And I am wondering what the truth is...Maybe those with a good review do not push their car close to the limit? If anyone can help it would be great...

The T1R is now an old tyre. They still seem to work in specific sizes on lighter cars, but for bigger heavier cars, they're not the best option anymore.

Top Toyo T1R Review

Given 73% while driving a Subaru wrx turbo (205/50 R16 W) on mostly town for 0 spirited miles
Quite happy with the tyre performance both in dry and wet including braking. Noisy but car is fitted with coilover suspension which contribute to part of the noise and discomfort.
258 - tyre reviewed on April 11, 2016

Latest Toyo T1R Reviews

Have you driven on the Toyo T1R tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the T1R.

Given 54% while driving a SEAT Ibiza 1.4TSI ACT (215/40 R17) on mostly motorways for 80,000 spirited miles
Replaced my factory fit P7's up front after 51k with the T1R's - not sure it was the right choice for the car.

Main issues:
- Unsure in the wet - depends fully on road surface
- Factory recommended tire pressure seems too low for these tires - they feel flat and spongy
- Due to above, the cornering is questionable as is braking
- Corner to tight and tire "wobbles" and tries to ping you out of the corner - feels uncontrolled.

The only way I can get past this is running them at 42-44psi - which is not great given the working limit is 50psi...

May be good on other cars, but not on the Ibiza..
3 - tyre reviewed on March 23, 2019
Given 81% while driving a Nissan 350z (245/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I fitted these tire set in my 350z. Most of the time, it is my daily drive and I drive spiritedly. I drive on both motorway and zic zac roads, cause I live near those mountain. Generally, the tires have good feedback, both dry and wet. A bit noisy but my car is even noisier so it never bothered me.

I also bring my car to the track once a month. I am not driving crazily on the track or competition, just regular track days and these tires do really well. Lots of feedback for novice because the tire squeeze a lots before it losts its grip. Very good on wet track. To give you an idea how good it is, I would say I will choose T1r on the wet rather than any semi slick tires. However, when it is getting too hot, the tires seems to give up grip at some points.

In terms of wear, I got this tires on my car for 15.000km approximately. Mixing between daily and track days. Got about 7 track days. Still got 6-7mm left. Not bad at all for the money.
4 - tyre reviewed on February 15, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Fiat Punto GT turbo (195/45 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 25,000 spirited miles
Not your usual UHP tire:
These tires cannot match the most expensive UHP competition gripwise. Steering response and feedback are average too - all due to the relatively soft sidewalls, which in turn make them really comfortable!

Wear is mediocre, but the price is reasonable.

These tires are very progressive on the limit, but you should drive conservatively in the rain. They prefer soft suspension setups on wet roads!

Excellent rim protection.

Overall, a top choice for a comfortable UHP tire on a budget! Not suitable for hard-core applications.

PS. Also running them on a Hyundai i10 1.2 (same size) with the same impressions...
4 - tyre reviewed on January 3, 2019
Given 76% while driving a Ford Focus ST3 2008 (225/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
Previously had Uniroyals and Dunlops on, toyos outlasted them both, Dunlops only going 10k, the toyos managed a further 5k. Both wet and dry grip were good. Only issue I've had and it's probably related to other V treaded tyres too is they do get noisy when tread is low. Great tyre for the price tho.
5 - tyre reviewed on November 29, 2018