Toyo T1R

Show all: Toyo tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Toyo T1R is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 231 tyre reviews averaging 74% over 3,123,011 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Toyo T1S

63%

70%

74%

Toyo T1R Reviews

Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo ST220 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 6,000 spirited miles
tyre reviewed on June 21, 2015
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz SLK 230 (225-45-17-)
Against all the online research I purchased a set of Toyo Proxes T1R 91W's 205/55/R16 front and 225@s for the rears. I really had my doubts but a very good friend owns a tire garage with over 40 years experience. I can't say how I doubted his advice but man o man I'm so glad I had him fit them and had the tracking tweaked. Well 10K miles under the belt and there still running so well. Awesome dry grip and on hot days they just give and give and right on the limit you just start to feel a very progressive break away, always controllable. In the wet again great, they love heavy rain, but like any good tire greasy roads take way more care, but that's common sense.
They are on a highly modified SLK, we even had a track day on them which I thought would show some short falls but again they were good, not a track tire but the odd mad day, great.
As they where cheap I thought they'd feel cheap but no no no. Comfort? If you've been using run flats, then I would have given them an easy ten but if you pay more than double the price for some so called top brands, then you may say 8 is fare, so a 9 I think is the right choice on this Merc. As they are so comfy I uprated front and rear bushes and there still super smooth, so that surely is good praise for budget money. They get a poor fuel economy rating but I have seen NO reduction in mpg what so ever and I had B rated tires before!
Would I buy again? Oh yes and in fact I have a full set of Proxes R888R on order for my summer track day wheels.
tyre reviewed on May 28, 2015
Looking to buy the Toyo T1R? Click here to search for the best price for the Toyo T1R or any other tyre.

Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Honda CRV (225-45-18-)
Top tyres, awesome grip in dry, decent in wet..
Fronts wear out in 10k miles / rears 15k on my car..
Just put my 5th set on..
I drive across A & B roads in Snowdonia most weekends & often get held up by motorbikes!!!
They were even better on my old Honda CRX - Teamed up with EBC turbogroove discs & greenstuff pads, insane braking could make you lightheaded!!! haha
tyre reviewed on May 19, 2015
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Integra DC2 (195-55-15-V)
tyre reviewed on March 25, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf MK3 SE (225-45-17-)
195 50 15 on a golf on the most stiff cheap eBay coilovers money will buy. I did well over 10000 miles on the fronts before moving them to the rear but only because wear on the insides was getting to low due to camber and tracking not being right, they're still on there now had no problems what so ever the ones that were on the front still have 6mm in the middle... Great quality and considering work has a account with toyo at £25 they are amazing value for money... They're not terrible on wet grip but not the best, I find that they disperse water well, I've hit standing water at high speeds and the car has reacted well to it, recommend 100%
tyre reviewed on March 16, 2015
Given 85% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Yaris (195-50-14-)
Driving on mostly town for 10 average miles
In my opinion it is one of the best tires!

One time i always buy good tires like Continental,Goodyear,bridgstone,Danlop etc for my cars

and i am a full time driver and my company use tires like khumo,nankang,goodride etc.

From now i always buy TOYO tires,even for the cost.
tyre reviewed on December 9, 2014
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn berlingo (195-50-15-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
My experience is that they are very good grip tyres but wear too quickly. They lats about 1/2 the life of other tested tyres in the same vehicle.
tyre reviewed on November 29, 2014
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 3 Series (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 0 average miles
tyre reviewed on November 1, 2014
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo 145 Cloverleaf (QV) (195-50-15-)
Driving on mostly town for 15,000 average miles
tyre reviewed on October 20, 2014
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Honda CIVIC 1.6 VTEC (195-50-15-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 80 average miles
I've been driving on a set of these for about one and a half years now. At first they were a huge improvement over the Pirelli p6000 that I had before them. They gripped really well in the dry and their wet performance wasn't too shabby either. For less than 70 bucks a pop they seemed like a real bargain. However, after about 8 months of daily driving, I noticed they were steadily losing their dry grip. The car no longer had the same grip threshold and this made me sometimes uneasy in corners. I also noticed that the tyre compound (which is on the softer side) had become harder (most probably caused by gathering dirt off roads).

While dry grip decreased dramatically, I didn't feel a noticeable change in wet grip, however I don't normally push the car to it's limits in the wet and therefore I can't really give a good outlook on this matter.

I still daily them and they still feel very good during turn in, however the rear of the car (which is a lot lighter) does not feel planted anymore especially during high speed corners and the car has become really prone to lift-off oversteer.

I still feel that they're one of the best dry performing tyres for the price, however be warned that while they may not wear as fast, their grip will decrease after a period of driving and their compound will "harden" after prolonged daily use.
tyre reviewed on October 19, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: