Toyo T1R

Progressiveness 76%
Toyo T1R

The Toyo T1R is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Toyo T1S

This tyre has been replaced by the Toyo Proxes T1 Sport

Tyre review data from 238 tyre reviews averaging 74% over 3,191,523 miles driven.

Sorry, the Toyo T1R hasn't been featured in any tyre tests yet

205/55 R16 £42.00 - £53.90 (10 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/45 R17 £55.00 - £105.14 (16 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/40 R18 £65.80 - £71.40 (9 prices) Compare Prices >>
235/35 R19 £107.00 - £107.00 (1 prices) Compare Prices >>

Toyo T1R Reviews

Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Astra G (205-50-16-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 12 spirited miles
normally heard is not a good wet tire is wrong etc, from my experience I think it is more question of the tire of the car in general, in my case the T1R is approved for my car and phenomenal performance gives much grip in dry and wet (rain) can run at the same speed as dry, curves and roundabouts included .

Heat up quickly even at temperatures near 0 degrees (12km).

optimum grip even close witness including wear wet. cons of this is that if the tire loses skinny smooth be drawing near, what happens before the central design, the car cornering and lane changes when it rains tends to go straight as it has no support, so you have to put a new one, so if someone drives without flank and the car loses traction not it is the fault of the tire but poor maintenance of the driver, of course there will be better tires but for my astra g z18x are perfect with Bilstein B6 I have 6 sets of tires and I think about half repetir.

wear 18,000 km without rotating because the flank wear and It becomes dangerous if it rains
tyre reviewed on January 27, 2016
Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Primera (205-50-15-V)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on January 4, 2016
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V70 T5 (205-50-16-W)
Fitted PXT1R toyo on my 97 volvo v70 t5 and all i can say is that the tyres are ok but far to soft in the sidewall but my be ok on small cars but not on the v70 sized cars.If you push my car on a hard turn it feels like the tyres are flat and are going to come off the rims even when im running them at 40psi
tyre reviewed on October 14, 2015
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta (205-40-17-W)
Very good dry grip. Wet grip is a little weak, but it's fine for every day road use. Compared to the Goodyear Eagle F1 A2s I had before (which are far more expensive), these Toyos lasted longer, were quieter and the road feedback was about the same.

For the price these tyres are very good. In my car's size I can get them for as low as £66. I don't think you can do much better for the money
tyre reviewed on October 11, 2015
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon Cupra Tdi (225-45-17-W)
I really rate these tyres and have had them on the same car for 5 years plus now (just replaced them again with T1R's) Due to winter tyres too I reckon the first set did 20k+ via rotation. The Leon came with Conti sport contact when when and were pretty much slaughtered after 15k (pre mapped). The T1R's lasted more than 20K on a mapped vehicle pushing out 200bhp as opposed to stock 150bhp. Torque is about 330lbs/ft. They are a good compromise between grip and wear. I would recommend the XL tyres too as these are stiffer walls. I couldn't comment on the std items as have always run on XL's
tyre reviewed on September 4, 2015
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota MR2 mk3 Roadster (215-40-16-)
Road feedback - the big let down with this tyre. I would imagine these are fine for general pootling about, but they're hopeless for any sort of spirited driving due to the soft sidewalls.
When you put load on these through a corner the tyres have to take up the slack on the sidewalls before you feel the grip. Feels floaty & not how a sports car should feel.
Once you have the grip, there's little indication on where that grip ends or where your car will end up when it does.
tyre reviewed on August 18, 2015
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda RX8 (225-45-18-)
Bought these tyres in 2010 lasted for about 20000 miles.

Very Good Grip in dry roads
Good grip in wet roads
Average tyre wear

Want to buy Michelin Pilot Super Sport...

tyre reviewed on July 16, 2015
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo ST220 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 6,000 spirited miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on June 21, 2015
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz SLK 230 (225-45-17-)
Against all the online research I purchased a set of Toyo Proxes T1R 91W's 205/55/R16 front and 225@s for the rears. I really had my doubts but a very good friend owns a tire garage with over 40 years experience. I can't say how I doubted his advice but man o man I'm so glad I had him fit them and had the tracking tweaked. Well 10K miles under the belt and there still running so well. Awesome dry grip and on hot days they just give and give and right on the limit you just start to feel a very progressive break away, always controllable. In the wet again great, they love heavy rain, but like any good tire greasy roads take way more care, but that's common sense.
They are on a highly modified SLK, we even had a track day on them which I thought would show some short falls but again they were good, not a track tire but the odd mad day, great.
As they where cheap I thought they'd feel cheap but no no no. Comfort? If you've been using run flats, then I would have given them an easy ten but if you pay more than double the price for some so called top brands, then you may say 8 is fare, so a 9 I think is the right choice on this Merc. As they are so comfy I uprated front and rear bushes and there still super smooth, so that surely is good praise for budget money. They get a poor fuel economy rating but I have seen NO reduction in mpg what so ever and I had B rated tires before!
Would I buy again? Oh yes and in fact I have a full set of Proxes R888R on order for my summer track day wheels.
tyre reviewed on May 28, 2015
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Honda CRV (225-45-18-)
Top tyres, awesome grip in dry, decent in wet..
Fronts wear out in 10k miles / rears 15k on my car..
Just put my 5th set on..
I drive across A & B roads in Snowdonia most weekends & often get held up by motorbikes!!!
They were even better on my old Honda CRX - Teamed up with EBC turbogroove discs & greenstuff pads, insane braking could make you lightheaded!!! haha
tyre reviewed on May 19, 2015