Uniroyal Rainsport 2

Progressiveness 77%
Uniroyal Rainsport 2

The Uniroyal Rainsport 2 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Uniroyal Rainsport

This tyre has been replaced by the Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Tyre review data from 221 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 2,091,241 miles driven.

195/45 R16 £66.08 - £66.08 (1 prices) Compare Prices >>
195/50 R15 £40.59 - £40.76 (2 prices) Compare Prices >>
205/40 R17 £96.26 - £96.26 (1 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/40 R18 £98.30 - £107.30 (2 prices) Compare Prices >>

Uniroyal Rainsport 2 Reviews

Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen fox (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 13,000 spirited miles
There's nothing worse than having to do an emergency stop or manuovre in the wet. But with these tyres, the only problem will be other cars not being able to stop behind you.

Handle very, very well in damp to very wet weather, the car handles almost like the road is dry. I do like to push to the limit from time to time, and sometimes I can't reach the limit of these.

I have used these on a vw polo and vw fox, and will always buy these again as I value wet weather confidence over outright dry weather performance.

Fitted all 4 tyres from new and still loads of tread left so far after around 21000 miles and over nearly 3 years.
tyre reviewed on January 12, 2016
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 9,000 average miles
These tyre certainly perform well - I've used them on 3 different cars. A 2 litre petrol Mondeo, a 2.0 litre TDCI Mondeo and a 2.0 TDCI SRI Astra hatch. They grip well in the dry, seem resistant to aquaplaning in the wet whilst they have good tread depth. Wear rate is fairly high - but with empathetic driving, I reckon 9k - 10k miles is about the most you can expect - less if you drive in a more spirited way. Road noise is a little higher than some and whilst new, the tread depth is very high - so feedback and progression is a little odd until they settle down. Side walls are not as strong as other tyres so avoid potholes or rocks - one of my 8 pairs developed an egg shaped buldge as a result of driving over a stone, but was sorted quickly under warranty. Good tyres overall - when you can find them but not cheap.
tyre reviewed on July 10, 2015
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Clio 182 (225/45 R16) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
Had an almost new set of these on the front when I purchased my car, after a 18 months and 20 k miles they finally need replacing. Had no issues in the wet or dry so will give the Rainsport 3s a go for sure!
tyre reviewed on June 30, 2015
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Sharan 1.9TDi (215/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 31,068 average miles
I bought this tyres 4 years ago. They are 215/55ZR16 93W. Grip of this tyres is excellent. This tyres are looking very narrowly. I won't buy them again because there is RainSport 3 tyre a newer model.
Everyone who drive VW Sharan 2001-09 on 16 wheel buy XL tyres. I have made a mistake buying standard tyres instead XL. I will replace them with RainSport 3 XL
tyre reviewed on April 14, 2015
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus ST170 (225/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 20 average miles
great tyres on my st170!
tyre reviewed on February 28, 2015
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a BMW (245/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
I tried these tyres after looking at all the mid range tyres. Uniroyal is a subsidiary of continental, so knew they must be ok. Added to that they are advertised as a rain tyre and let's face it we have a lot of damp or wet days in the uk. I fitted then to an E60 BMW Diesel....wow. What great tyres. I have never been so impressed by any tyre at this price. I have had them all in the past. Goodyear, conti,Bridgestone,falken,kumho and toyo etc...
The car is hugely powerful with loads of torque and the tyres have worn surprisingly well. They have worn evenly across the car and I have got about 15k from them. This includes some seriously sprited driving at Le Mans. I have been so impressed, I'm now renewing all four with uniroyal rs3. I can not recommend this tyre highly enough.
tyre reviewed on November 23, 2014
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo v70 D5 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
I've got around 19K miles out of my last set of these on a fairly heavy Volvo V70 diesel which I use for towing and some fairly lively driving when not towing. Am up to 16K on the second set which are now nearing the end of their life.

Interestingly my mum has the same car but only managed about 12k miles even with her plodding around - 4 wheel alignment has hopefully now increased.

So, in terms of wear, on a well set up car the wear is good (must swap around i.e. front / back) but if set up is wrong the wear can be excessive.

Great tyre though.

Now to see what the RS3s are like
tyre reviewed on October 15, 2014
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen fox (195/55 R15) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Fantastic in the wet! I can throw the car into tight corners at speeds I would never ever consider on other tyres. Have done round 10, 000 miles on them, I swap them for winter tyres around november - march, but they have lasted well, look nearly new, and I love them
tyre reviewed on October 14, 2014
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 306 sport 110 HDI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on October 10, 2014
Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Avensis (215/50 R17) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
When new, they feel fine, just like any other new tyre. As soon as they are getting within 4 or 5 mm of the wear indicators, they start to get noisy and this only gets worse. At low speed, they jitter and rumble; over about 50 a whine like a failing wheel bearing starts and gets worse the faster you go. They also tramline somewhat, and feel somewhat sketchy in turns (once again, only felt once worn).

On the plus side, they give fantastic grip in the wet, but this does not make up for the abysmal wear characteristics and the noise. The rolling resistance is higher than for most tyres; this'll cost you a couple of percent of your fuel economy.

Overall, avoid these tyres. The wet grip isn't worth the other downsides; they don't even last particularly well.
tyre reviewed on October 9, 2014