Uniroyal Rainsport

Progressiveness 78%
Uniroyal Rainsport

The Uniroyal Rainsport is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Uniroyal Rainsport 2

Tyre review data from 22 tyre reviews averaging 76% over 454,577 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Uniroyal Rainsport
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Uniroyal Rainsport
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Uniroyal Rainsport. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Latest Uniroyal Rainsport Reviews

Mazda 3 Sport 2.2 Diesel 185 BHP (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10 average miles
Using The Rain sport 2 on my Mazda 3 sport 2.2 185BHP model and have done about 10K with them they are quite a noisy tyre but now the rear ones are producing excessive road noise as if a wheel bearings had gone so when I had it serviced I asked that the rear wheel bearings be checked. The outcome was that the inside edges of block treads had worn into a wedge shape causing the tyres to bounce. I returned to the tyre supplier and they have said it's a suspension problem(Rear shocks)which I find hard to believe as nothing has shown up on the service, the car is a 2010 model and not driven hard. If any one else has experienced the same and knows why this has happened I would love to know. I am now faced with having to buy replacement tyres and the worn ones are going to be sent to the manufacturer to be tested. So far very disappointed with these tyres, never had a problem like this before with tyres. I was also told it may be that these tyres just don't suit the Mazda 3!
0 | - tyre reviewed on April 12, 2015
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V70 D3 (225/50 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 27,000 easy going miles
I had these fitted on the front axle my Mk3 Volvo V70. They still have 2.5mm on them..after 43,000km/27,000 miles. I did notice that the level of grip decreased in the last 10,000 km of their life but I don't really care especially when I look at the average people are getting on these tyres. I do mostly highway driving and the V70 is on the heavy side at 1,700 kg curb weight and front wheel drive. I'd buy these again
0 | - tyre reviewed on December 26, 2014
Given 88% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 3 Series (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Swapping from Bridgestones to these tyres was like going deaf! We have had this Mazda 3 TS2 for three years on Bridgestones and I can tell you that they were deafening. These tyres make it feel and sound like a new car. I can actually hear what the passenger is saying to me now. I don't know yet about wear, but I don't care. I can now drive without the earplugs.
0 | - tyre reviewed on January 20, 2014
Given 64% (breakdown) while driving a Chrysler PT Cruiser (215/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 2,000 easy going miles
I bought some used wheels and there were two Uniroyal Rainsport 1 tyres on them. The other ones are Goodyear Excellence. So obviously I put the Uni on the front of my car.
They have a great dry grip and, as assumed with Uniroyal, fantastic wet grip. But these tyres have real soft sidewalls which will make them feel like they want to roll off the rimm. They also tend to screech while cornering.

So I put the Goodyears Excellence on front and that's much better. Equal in dry and wet grip without the downsides.

My conclusion is that the Uniroyal Rainsport tyres are nothing to write home about. I would, for sure, never spend money on them. Same with other Uniroyals cause the thing with the soft sidewalls is something that is mentioned frequently.
0 | - tyre reviewed on September 20, 2012
Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo 147 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 10,000 spirited miles
I found this tyres put on the front wheels when i bought my car. I was thinking it drove good until I bought Pirelli Pzero Neros and experienced that it could be better. No screaming tyres anymore by cornering and less tyre noise by normal driving. And the Pirellis got a better grip.
But I think its still a good tyre.
0 | - tyre reviewed on June 11, 2012