Uniroyal Rainsport

Show all: Uniroyal tyres, Passenger Car Summer Ultra High Performance tyres
The Uniroyal Rainsport is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 22 tyre reviews averaging 76% over 454,577 miles driven.

This tyre has been replaced by the Uniroyal Rainsport 2

75%

78%

66%

Uniroyal Rainsport Reviews

Given 0% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 3 Sport 2.2 Diesel 185 BHP (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 10 average miles
Using The Rain sport 2 on my Mazda 3 sport 2.2 185BHP model and have done about 10K with them they are quite a noisy tyre but now the rear ones are producing excessive road noise as if a wheel bearings had gone so when I had it serviced I asked that the rear wheel bearings be checked. The outcome was that the inside edges of block treads had worn into a wedge shape causing the tyres to bounce. I returned to the tyre supplier and they have said it's a suspension problem(Rear shocks)which I find hard to believe as nothing has shown up on the service, the car is a 2010 model and not driven hard. If any one else has experienced the same and knows why this has happened I would love to know. I am now faced with having to buy replacement tyres and the worn ones are going to be sent to the manufacturer to be tested. So far very disappointed with these tyres, never had a problem like this before with tyres. I was also told it may be that these tyres just don't suit the Mazda 3!
tyre reviewed on April 12, 2015
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V70 D3 (225-50-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 27,000 easy going miles
I had these fitted on the front axle my Mk3 Volvo V70. They still have 2.5mm on them..after 43,000km/27,000 miles. I did notice that the level of grip decreased in the last 10,000 km of their life but I don't really care especially when I look at the average people are getting on these tyres. I do mostly highway driving and the V70 is on the heavy side at 1,700 kg curb weight and front wheel drive. I'd buy these again
tyre reviewed on December 26, 2014
Looking to buy the Uniroyal Rainsport? Click here to search for the best price for the Uniroyal Rainsport or any other tyre.

Given 88% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 3 Series (225-45-17-)
Swapping from Bridgestones to these tyres was like going deaf! We have had this Mazda 3 TS2 for three years on Bridgestones and I can tell you that they were deafening. These tyres make it feel and sound like a new car. I can actually hear what the passenger is saying to me now. I don't know yet about wear, but I don't care. I can now drive without the earplugs.
tyre reviewed on January 20, 2014
Given 64% (breakdown) while driving a Chrysler PT Cruiser (215-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,000 easy going miles
I bought some used wheels and there were two Uniroyal Rainsport 1 tyres on them. The other ones are Goodyear Excellence. So obviously I put the Uni on the front of my car.
They have a great dry grip and, as assumed with Uniroyal, fantastic wet grip. But these tyres have real soft sidewalls which will make them feel like they want to roll off the rimm. They also tend to screech while cornering.

So I put the Goodyears Excellence on front and that's much better. Equal in dry and wet grip without the downsides.

My conclusion is that the Uniroyal Rainsport tyres are nothing to write home about. I would, for sure, never spend money on them. Same with other Uniroyals cause the thing with the soft sidewalls is something that is mentioned frequently.
tyre reviewed on September 20, 2012
Given 60% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo 147 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 10,000 spirited miles
I found this tyres put on the front wheels when i bought my car. I was thinking it drove good until I bought Pirelli Pzero Neros and experienced that it could be better. No screaming tyres anymore by cornering and less tyre noise by normal driving. And the Pirellis got a better grip.
But I think its still a good tyre.
tyre reviewed on June 11, 2012
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda Mazda 6TS Estate (205-55-16-V)
Had to get a full set of tyres for my Mazda 6 estate. Looked through various review sites looking for a good grip tyre in wet conditions. Chose the Uniroyal Rain Expert. I can not criticise the tyres performance in terms of grip. Grip in both wet and dry is brilliant. Very safe tyre. I have driven 1500 miles on these since purchasing in November 2011.
I have been driving for over 35 years, in this time I have driven on many different tyres, makes, tread pattens, etc.. so I can honestly say the noise is the WORST I have ever had from a tyre. My daughters liken it to a pod racer in Star Wars, or the sound you get from the tyres of jet landing on a runway.
I did offer Uni Royal via there web site comments link, to listen to the tyre on my car and discuss why they do not put a warning about the sound these tyres make, but it seems to have fallen of deaf ears.... ! perhaps that is why the do not realise there is a noise problem !
tyre reviewed on February 18, 2012
Given 42% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf MK3 GTi 16v (205-50-15-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 0 spirited miles
Just awful. Went from an Avon zv3 to these and it is now like driving on pillows. Car wallows and feels unconnected to the road. I guess they are predictable and reasonably comfy and quiet but do not get them on anything you would like to go around bends in.....what a disappointment!
tyre reviewed on November 17, 2011
Given 46% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn C5 (225-55-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 9,000 average miles
Appalling wear on these tyres - havnt lasted 9000 miles yet !. I noticed wear at 2500 miles. Yes - they stick ot the road, wet or dry. They look good too.

I actually thought these were seconds !. Wear is the worst ever. Its back to Avon Z3's for me.
tyre reviewed on June 29, 2011
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 318is (225-45-17-)
Great tyres - I was lucky enought to be given a set for free and are way better that the bald ones I had on!
tyre reviewed on December 7, 2010
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus ST170 (215-45-17-W)
This is a review of the Rainsport 1's on the front of my car, a follow on from my previous review of these on the rear.

I have to say that I have really not been overly impressed by these. You get more feel of how good or a bad a tyre is when theyre on the driven wheels and what felt like an alright if a little grip deficient tyre on the rear felt completely numb on the front.

Straight line grip in the dry was actually quite good. I didnt find wet grip to be any better or worse than any other tyre ive had, so dont get this tyre if your sole concern is better grip in the wet. As I have said, the tyres feel very numb and made the steering of my car feel overly heavy. One of the biggest things about the st170 is its sublime steering feel, but with these on it was reduced to what i can only describe as steering through sludge, no sharpness or directness. Although there was little feel, the tyres progressed into understeer gradually. The main issue I feel is that the sidewalls are incredibly soft, ompared to continential sport contact 1's, pilot sport 1's and my latest rainsport 2's. I can squash the sidewall with my hand incredibly easily with the rainsport 1's. This soft sidewall is totally apparent in any kind of at speed cornering. Going round a large roundabout with the window open, you can physical hear the point where the sidewalls of the tyre fold on themselves. At this point you still have some grip, but zero feel.

Wear has been ok, at a total of 24000 miles. Not as good as the Michelin Pilot Sport 1's which lasted 30000. Comfort is excellent, I assume as a result of the soft sidewalls and quite soft compound. Of course, in a 'sport' tyre this isnt really what your looking for.
tyre reviewed on March 20, 2010

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: