Vredestein Hi Trac 2

The Vredestein Hi Trac 2 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Vredestein Hi Trac

Tyre review data from 5 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 13,000 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Vredestein Hi Trac 2
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Vredestein Hi Trac 2
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Vredestein Hi Trac 2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Vredestein Hi Trac 2 Review

Given 94% while driving a Subaru Impreza (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Very good tyre
1 - tyre reviewed on June 11, 2012

Latest Vredestein Hi Trac 2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Vredestein Hi Trac 2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Hi Trac 2.

Given 67% while driving a Mitsubishi lancer (205/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
I replaced the factory fitted Yokohamas on my Misubishi with these. This tyre has good wet weather grip and it quite a bit quieter but lateral grip in dry weather leaves a lot to be desired. I'd best describe it as the tyre walls being soft so they flex causing a wobbly sensation of weight shifting around.(The tyres are inflated correctly and the shocks are good.) They feel like they have good traction accellerating and breaking.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 14, 2013
Given 83% while driving a Vauxhall Vectra (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I have had the Hi Trac 2 on my car now for about 1,700 miles, I replaced the Uniroyal Rainexperts as they wore down much too fast less than 8k, but still going strong on the rear.The Hi tracs are just as good wet or dry as the Uniroyals were, I run them 3psi above base comfort pressure to reduce tyre defelection ( the bulge )which is quite a bit on 65 profiles.

They run very well turn in nicely and what I need the most here in Wales is they stop me in the wet with very little fuss. I can't say much about the wear rate yet as they are still in the early stages of ownership, but as they are a rain tyre and I accept they might not go the distance but I would rather have good wet grip than extra mileage.

Just to mention to the Audi drivers posting I would like to know how you got this tyre on your car as they are not not made in your tyre size, they only go to 16".
Cheers.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 22, 2013
Given 89% while driving a Matra Murena (185/55 R14) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
These tyres are a good choice for a lightweight sports car.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 1, 2012
Very good tyre
1 - tyre reviewed on June 11, 2012
Given 68% while driving a Audi A3 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 easy going miles
I've been a loyal Vredestein customer for over ten years so looked forward to the new Hi Trac 2s. These felt pretty much the same as the original Hi Tracs but couldn't believe the wear rate. Only lasted 10k miles on the front of my A3 whilst driving very conservatively. Vredesteins used to always represent good value to me which was partially offset by their wear rate but 10k miles is just ridiculous for a company whose tyres are now priced at a premium level. Will not be buying again.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 3, 2012