Vredestein Snowtrac 2

The Vredestein Snowtrac 2 is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Vredestein Snowtrac 3

Tyre review data from 4 tyre reviews averaging 78% over 73,000 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Vredestein Snowtrac 2
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Vredestein Snowtrac 2
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Vredestein Snowtrac 2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Vredestein Snowtrac 2 Review

Given 70% while driving a Volkswagen Golf Mk5 GT TDi 170bhp (205/55 R16) on mostly country roads for 18,000 spirited miles
I live in Braemar, so I see plenty or real winter weather. On my Mk5 Golf these tyres were great. The golf itself is a fantastic car in the snow and the vredestein tyre didn't let that down. It ploughs in deep snow even up to bonnet depth, and I found myself getting more places than expected too, and have never once been stuck, even when drift bashing. They even give me confidence when overtaking the summer tyre brigade in snow / slush.

Downsides, they are a harder tyre and you feel the bad bits of the road more. When you start to slip in the snow, you really lose it, but those are both characteristics of winter tyres and snow driving in general, so wouldnt fault the tyre I dont think.

All in all you are if you buy these they will be about as good as you can get, but i've opted not to go back to them. Not because of anything wrong with the tyre, just fancy a change and thought the Avon Ice Tourer ST looked pretty good and about ?20 cheaper a tyre - I run summer Avons with much enjoyment.

The Snowtrac 3 is out now and looks slightly better.

I got 18,000 miles from these tyres - winter only use on 60% country / 30 % Motorway / 10% Dirt track.

3 - tyre reviewed on September 8, 2010

Latest Vredestein Snowtrac 2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Vredestein Snowtrac 2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Snowtrac 2.

Given 83% while driving a Daewoo Matiz (155/70 R13) on a combination of roads for 25,000 average miles
Good tyre. Recommended.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 12, 2010

The Snowtrac 3 is out now and looks slightly better.

3 - tyre reviewed on September 8, 2010