Vredestein Sportrac 2

The Vredestein Sportrac 2 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Vredestein Sportrac 3

Tyre review data from 6 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 135,500 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Vredestein Sportrac 2
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Vredestein Sportrac 2
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Vredestein Sportrac 2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Vredestein Sportrac 2 Review

Given 91% while driving a Volvo 850 T5 Estate (205/50 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 18,000 spirited miles
I have to say after having these tyres and running for 18k miles on them, my friend, a tyre specialist suggested I replace them with just over 2mm left on the front ones, the rear ones hardly looked used, having 5-6mm on them! Sounds like not a lot I changed them for Goodyear Eagles. Boy did I regret that, I should haave stayed with the ST2's. I have had close shaves in braaking on the ST2's and you know they are good when the ABS doesn't kick in and the tyres actually stop the car. This wasn't the case on the eagles with the same weather and road conditions.... Get these tyres, they are superb in the wet/dry and are budget price for a superb tyre. I have even had my auto (without traction control) pull in the snow with little hassle. From a company who make the space savers for 911 porsches, yes, you will trust them now.....
1 - tyre reviewed on October 28, 2008

Latest Vredestein Sportrac 2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Vredestein Sportrac 2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Sportrac 2.

Given 100% while driving a Ford Granada Scorpio Mk 3 2.9i 24V V6 Cosworth (BOA) (205/50 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 40,000 average miles
Vehicle: 1994 Ford Granada Mk3 Scorpio 2.9i 24V V6 Cosworth (BOA)
Tyres : Vredestein Sportrac 2 205/50/16

Had the same Vredestein Sportrac 2 tyres fitted on my Ford Granada for over 10 years! Probably covered around circ. 40,000 miles. Broken bottle in road punctured the offside front tyre immediately. Never had any issues with the tyres, always good grip on road, never felt car wheel spin or loose traction. Driven car many times during frost, ice and snow on road--never felt car loose grip. Just purchased new tyres. This time trying the Vredestien Sportrac 5 205/45/16.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 26, 2015
Given 79% while driving a BMW E34 5 Series (225/60 R15 W) on mostly town for 40,000 spirited miles
good tyre for its price!
1 - tyre reviewed on April 11, 2012
Given 37% while driving a Lexus GS300 (225/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
Abslotue Rubbish in all aspects, stay awy from this.
Poor traction, Poor braking and handling, Poor feedback, Noisy.
Only thing is that they are comfy and cushion the ride but because of this you lose a lot os precision and feel
Cannot say anything about wear i changed after 1500 miles (they were fitted when i bought my car.

Vredestein is a dutch product and regarded as 'just below premium'over here and generally do well in tests and beig dutch I really wanted to like them but I really cannot, they just lack all the qualities you need in a tyre for a vehicle of the size, weight and power that mine has.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 27, 2010