Vredestein Sportrac 5

Vredestein Sportrac 5

The Vredestein Sportrac 5 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Vredestein Sportrac 3

Tyre review data from 47 tyre reviews averaging 87% over 342,820 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2016 ADAC Tyre Test - 185/65 R15 - 1st of 16 tyres

• Positive - Very balanced summer tyre with top marks on wet roads, very good in the dry
  • Negative - None mentioned

2013 ACE Summer Touring Tyre Test - 2nd of 16 tyres

2012 Auto Express Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 8 tyres

• Overall - The Vredestein Sportrac 5 is another tyre which prioritises wet grip over fuel economy. Even stronger in the dry than the Goodyear, the Sportrac 5 puts in an excellent all round performance to place second
175/60 R14 79H   E B 70
195/45 R16 84V XL   E B 71
205/60 R16 92V   E B 70
215/60 R16 99H XL   C B 71
205/55 R17 95V XL   C B 71
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Vredestein Sportrac 5. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Vredestein Sportrac 5 Review

Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus (205/55 R16 W) on mostly country roads for 12,000 spirited miles
Got these to replace a set of worn out Michelin Primary HP tyres on the Ford Focus.
Firstly you need to understand that a couple of years previously i'd had the standard suspension upgraded by swapping it out for Bilstien B12 Gas shocks with matching Eibach springs, due to rubbish A & B roads causing suspension damage, After which I had the whole set up laser aligned by the tuning company that fitted the suspension.

Anyways , following this , the better handling from this swap led to a downside.The tyre noise transmitting through the body from the Michelin's on all road surfaces increased considerably.When it came time to change, i got a set of 4 x Sportrac 5's all round.Firstly the road noise reduced noticeably.It was still there, but not as bad.
Handling: - At first I though I'd made a huge mistake. The handling seemed sloppy and the car seemed wayward.However I persevered and as the tyres scrubbed in over the next few thousand miles, the grip level has kept on increasing.

12000 mile later and they are now gripping really well in both wet and dry conditions, almost like a premium sports tyre. The wear rate also seems very good.

Knowing what i know now.I will definitely put them on again , when it becomes time to replace them, and put up with scrubbing the next set in as well.
7 - tyre reviewed on May 25, 2016

Latest Vredestein Sportrac 5 Reviews

Have you driven on the Vredestein Sportrac 5 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Sportrac 5.

Given 92% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon TDi SE 110 (195/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
I bough these to replace my very worn Conti Premium Contact 5's as the conti's were £46 a corner and these were £24, but got better test results.

I drive my cars on the limit most of the time out of traffic, I go through a set of summers in a year even swapping front to back, so I'm a "spirited driver".

These seem just as good as the Conti's so far in comfort and shock absorbtion (I have to use an unadopted road on my commute) and take the punishment I give them (potholes at 30-40 mph).

I'm not sure if it's the sidewalls or tread, but the car seems slightly more nervous on quick changes of direction compared to the Conti's, but not in a way to stop me pushing as they seem progressive and don't bite, even in the wet.

In standing water and heavy weather they've been brilliant, better than the Conti's.

They have also improved my "lap time" from my mate's house to mine, shaving a minute off my 11 minute record vs the Conti's, but that could be just because they're new.

If prices stay the same, I'd recommend these as the best for your VAG Golf/Leon/A3 etc as they're just as good if not better in some situations, but 40% cheaper
0 - tyre reviewed on November 4, 2016
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 325i (205/50 R16) on track for 0 spirited miles
I have these on the front of my street legal drift car. Grip couldn't be better as I've never experienced any understeer in any condition with these tires. However, they wear scary quick. I also drive it to and from local events, but mostly it's trailered to the track, but they still wear very fast. I will definitely buy these again though, since I know for sure that they WILL grip, rain or shine. I'll have to go for a lower profile, however, since they grip so hard that they roll over on the sidewall sometimes (heatmarks on the sidewalls).
1 - tyre reviewed on October 10, 2016
Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Yaris (185/60 R14 H) on a combination of roads for 25,000 spirited miles
Ok now... My previous set was a MICHELIN PILOT EXALTO 2 but I couldn't find a set of those, so I chose the VREDS because of their stiff profiles (they were not cheap). Vreds aren't as good as the Exaltos, although braking in wet and wear is similar. They tend to be noisy and cornering is less responsive. ANYWAY the problem was that they were DEFECTIVE (ALL 4 of them)! Car was moving to the left on its own when I took my hands off the steering wheel!!! After some tests, it was obvious that I was dealing with "TIRE CONICITY"! I contacted ApolloVredestein and they approved to change my front tires... The car was OK. After some miles, I moved the front wheels to the back of my car and there it is again: car is moving to the left again! 4 DEFECTIVE TIRES OUT OF 4! Will I buy them again? Absolutely not!
0 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2016
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 206 1.4 hdi (195/45 R16) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
I had these fitted on my Peugeot 206. Were pretty good, not problems in the rain. Sold the car when they had 30k km on them. Still 5.5mm

Also have these on my current Volvo C30 on the rear and they are at 65k km and still 3.5mm. (205/50/17) But these were on them from a former owner and don't have the correct load index (89 instead of 93)
0 - tyre reviewed on October 5, 2016