Vredestein Sportrac 5

Progressiveness 84%
Vredestein Sportrac 5

The Vredestein Sportrac 5 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Vredestein Sportrac 3

Tyre review data from 43 tyre reviews averaging 87% over 297,820 miles driven.

175/60 R14 79H   E B 70
195/45 R16 84V XL   E B 71
205/60 R16 92V   E B 70
215/60 R16 99H XL   C B 71
205/55 R17 95V XL   C B 71
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Vredestein Sportrac 5. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Vredestein Sportrac 5 Reviews

Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus (205/55 R16 W) on mostly country roads for 12,000 spirited miles
Got these to replace a set of worn out Michelin Primary HP tyres on the Ford Focus.
Firstly you need to understand that a couple of years previously i'd had the standard suspension upgraded by swapping it out for Bilstien B12 Gas shocks with matching Eibach springs, due to rubbish A & B roads causing suspension damage, After which I had the whole set up laser aligned by the tuning company that fitted the suspension.

Anyways , following this , the better handling from this swap led to a downside.The tyre noise transmitting through the body from the Michelin's on all road surfaces increased considerably.When it came time to change, i got a set of 4 x Sportrac 5's all round.Firstly the road noise reduced noticeably.It was still there, but not as bad.
Handling: - At first I though I'd made a huge mistake. The handling seemed sloppy and the car seemed wayward.However I persevered and as the tyres scrubbed in over the next few thousand miles, the grip level has kept on increasing.

12000 mile later and they are now gripping really well in both wet and dry conditions, almost like a premium sports tyre. The wear rate also seems very good.

Knowing what i know now.I will definitely put them on again , when it becomes time to replace them, and put up with scrubbing the next set in as well.
4 | - tyre reviewed on May 25, 2016
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Almera 1.6 saloon (185/65 R14 H) on mostly country roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Having been very impressed by my winter tyres - Vredestein Snowtrac 3,I decided to have Vredestein Sportrac 5 for summer tyres. My first impression was that they are very quiet and give a feeling of great stability and confidence. The first big test happened when I came round a blind corner at a fair speed, in the wet,and found a sheep and her two lambs standing in the middle of the road. A big emergency stop on a wet road with a bit of lock on the steering ensued. The car doesn't have ABS but it was not necessary. No wheels locked, it stopped beautifully.
I have just returned from a 2000 mile trip in Southern Ireland- plenty of work for tyres and suspension. Irish roads in general are not nearly as good as UK roads but there are occasional stretches of broad empty highway. On these good bits of road I had a fine time trying the tyres to their limits but discovered it was almost impossible within the limits of sane driving to get the back end to move much at all. I had to stop this fine game when my passenger complained of me "hurtling through the corners". These tyres are amazingly grippy.
So, very good in the wet, very good in the dry and nice and quiet. As for wear, well there are no signs of wear yet. Having spent nearly £550 on a set of winter and a set of summer tyres I expect not to have to buy any more tyres for two or three years and I am very pleased to have chosen Vredesteins. I can recommend them, especially if you like an occasional hurtle!
2 | - tyre reviewed on June 27, 2013
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Toledo (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 0 easy going miles
better than the bridgestone turanza which run formerly. impressive looks from side too
1 | - tyre reviewed on January 28, 2016

Latest Vredestein Sportrac 5 Reviews

4 | - tyre reviewed on May 25, 2016
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Fabia 1.2 (195/55 R15 H) on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
Many told me that Vredestein Sportrac 5 tyre is not worth looking at, but they were wrong.
Rubber is excellent on wet roads (60% of my mileage was on wet roads so far since rain if falling 3 weeks now), on dry road is OK.
Braking distance is exemplary, both in dry and wet. Since I do not have sport car, I cannot give feedback for track, but sure can say that this tyre has better performance on my car than Continental PremiumContact which I have previously for 3 years.
Wear seems very good.

Recommended for passenger car.
0 | - tyre reviewed on May 1, 2016
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Clio III Dynamique 1.2 Turbo (195/50 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 12,000 average miles
Excellent tyre.
0 | - tyre reviewed on February 13, 2016
1 | - tyre reviewed on January 28, 2016
Given 45% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda MX5 (205/50 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 1,500 spirited miles
Not a sports tyre. Poor grip on any surface. Esp work overtime on slow corners. Awfull on track.Very, very disapponting...
-5 | - tyre reviewed on October 21, 2015