Vredestein Ultrac Vorti

Vredestein Ultrac Vorti Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 335i (235/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 13,000 spirited miles
Really strong in the dry, great handling, but not as good as my old Contis in the wet and quite noisy.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 29, 2018
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Astra 888 (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 250 spirited miles
My favourite tyre for this vehicle is the Bridgestone Adrenalin RE002. Unfortunate this tyre is discontinued in my size. The RE003 were not available at time. Therefore I purchased a set of Toyo Proxes T1R and I do not highly rate them because of the poor wet grip and twitchy handling but on a dry race track the cornering grip was impressive.

So I decided to replace the T1R with the Vredestein Ultra Vorti last week. This tyre inspires a lot of confidence, has good handling, precise steering response and short stopping distances. The sidewall is strong but not as stiff compared to the T1R

The Ultra Vorti is similar to the Ultrac Sessanta and Bridgestone Adrenalin RE002 tyres. I cannot comment on the wet grip performance at this time but I am confident these tyres are decent in the wet.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 12, 2018
Given 85% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320i Msport (255/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
My brother used to swear by the older Sessanta on his car so I thought I'd give these newer Vorti a try. I used these on a rear wheel drive car. The side wall looks good, offers lip protection and is not rounded like some other brands. I only had them on the car for 8 months then sold my wheels with the tyres on. After 8 months and about 7000 miles they still had 6-7mm on them so wear rate looks very good. I can't fault them. I never lost traction in both the wet and dry. I put Goodyear on my new wheels and the Goodyear give a smoother, quieter and more comfortable ride. The Goodyear aren't expensive so I prefer them but if the Vredestein come up at a good price in future I would consider them again.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 3, 2018
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Porsche cayenne s (275/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Amazing tyre, great overall & wet weather grip is amazing. Together with aquaplane resistance.
19 - tyre reviewed on January 17, 2018
Jaguar XFR (285/30 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
I have The Jaguar XFR 5 Litre supercharged 508BHP. When I bought the car it had TOYO PROXES T1 SPORT tyres on the rear. I replaced these about six weeks ago with these Vrendestein Ultra Vorti tyres. I very much wish I had NOT.
I felt I did spend a lot of time reading various reviews before buying, But possibly have either failed to find the adverse comments on wet surface performance in some reviews or failed to take appropriate heed of them.
In the six months of running the TOYO'S they seldom lost adhesion and then only once when they were coming to the end of their lives and 3mm tread left.
I have now for the fourth time under some but far from maximum acceleration lost adhesion at the back. All these occasions having been on variously wet or drying road surfaces. I have lost all confidence in the tyres, but cannot afford not to run them out to full wear.
I am getting 2 miles per gallon less miles and the ride on poor to average road surfaces that prevail where I live has now become less absorbent and comfortable. Most surface imperfections are transferred to the cabin.
In writing in the way I have, I have taken full account of the now British seasonal weather November/December. My driving style remains the same 64 old male who drove with much better tyre performance from The TOYO'S and consequential confidence
Very Disapointed.

26 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2017
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A6 S line (245/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 25 average miles
Use these under a audi A6 2,4 v6 sline. Very very good tyre.... Dry grip is suberb! Wet is also good. Good feedback and quiet tyre. Also the price is very good compaired with premium brands. Could not notice any negative comments about this tire. Greetings from the Netherlands
8 - tyre reviewed on December 6, 2017
Given 92% (breakdown) while driving a MG ZT 135+ CDTi (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,200 spirited miles
Very impressed with these tyres, more than adequate for my MG ZT-T. Great overall feel in all conditions, Vredestein seem to have done a very good job of creating a good all round tyre that has no drawbacks. They grip, wet and dry, ride well for this type of tyre yet give plenty of feefback to the driver and as a bonus are quiet too. Well done Vredestein, this seems to be the only tyre that I've ever had that does everything exceptionally well, and to top it off, at a good price too. Would I buy again? I'd be a fool not to, no matter what brand I've had in the past, I've never been so pleased with my purchase.
6 - tyre reviewed on August 18, 2017
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Audi a5 3.0 tdi quattro sport (255/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 40 spirited miles
These tyres have been fitted to my Audi A5 3.0TDI producing 280 bhp for over 2 years now. Tyre wear - my previous set of these lasted 40,000 miles of quite spirited driving, and still on 3mm. This suggests the compound is very hard wearing although professional testers have found this tyre to have a high rolling resistance. Grip in the dry is fabulous and wet grip equally so. These tyres can be pushed to the limit in all weathers and although the Audi inherently understeers, a late, harder turn-in helps in slower corners to get the car cornering neutrally. The sidewalls are quite stiff and that led to a feeling of being slightly disconnected, vague steering but having uprated my suspension 2 months ago to fast road spec everything that the front tyres are doing is now transmitted back. Steering feel has notably improved which suggests it was the car set up from the factory which caused the lack of feel issue. The Vortis are also cheaper than the top brands and will inevitably suit those who are cost conscious and require effective performance which doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
5 - tyre reviewed on August 11, 2017