Vredestein Ultrac Vorti

Vredestein Ultrac Vorti Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Renault Megane RS250 CUP (235/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 8,000 spirited miles
Really happy with these tyres. Much better than the Goodyear Eagle Assymetric 3 tyres that came off the car. Nice and comfortable with great feel through the steering. Fit nice on the wheel. Bit of a curbing band and looks ‘big’ on the wheel. Not thin and ‘small’ even stretched. I want to buy again when they wear out as they are 70% the price of a Michelin. I want to try the Michelin.... but unsure if I’ll gain that extra performance for my money.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 6, 2018
Given 81% while driving a BMW 330D Touring (235/35 R19) on mostly motorways for 20,000 spirited miles
I think 17’ or 19’ inch tyre is like night n day difference. I’ve been driving 19inch all round (235/35)with xdrive and performance wise it’s a great tyre but comfort you can forget about it. Sidewall is so hard that cupping on theese tires is really big chance. Cupping - tire becomes not round. This tyre is made to win tests but not for daily driving. Cornering in dry idsomething that you get g forces on your body haha, but on wet i never had confidence to push limits.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 29, 2018
Given 68% while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0TDI (235/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Superb tyre on dry handling braking and cornering also very comfortable but not so good in the wet.My previus dunlop rt2 was way better in the wet.Onother minus of ultrac vorti is they are very heavy tyres in my dimensions 235/40 18 13kg.That affects on acceleration even my car is remmaped to 180 hp and 380nm.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 8, 2018
Given 64% while driving a Audi TT (245/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Great handling in the dry, bit noisy
4 - tyre reviewed on October 23, 2018
Given 69% while driving a BMW m2 (265/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Really good in the dry and great dry handling but not as good as the PS4S in the wet.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 22, 2018
Given 69% while driving a Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 jtdm 200hp (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 0 average miles
Had these installed on my alfa 159 TI, bought the first set and had them replaced in a year. Second set replaced in a year too. They have good grip in both Dry and wet but when it comes to wear I personally will not buy them again.
7 - tyre reviewed on July 23, 2018
Given 70% while driving a BMW 335i (235/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 13,000 spirited miles
Really strong in the dry, great handling, but not as good as my old Contis in the wet and quite noisy.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 29, 2018
Given 84% while driving a Vauxhall Astra 888 (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 250 spirited miles
My favourite tyre for this vehicle is the Bridgestone Adrenalin RE002. Unfortunate this tyre is discontinued in my size. The RE003 were not available at time. Therefore I purchased a set of Toyo Proxes T1R and I do not highly rate them because of the poor wet grip and twitchy handling but on a dry race track the cornering grip was impressive.

So I decided to replace the T1R with the Vredestein Ultra Vorti last week. This tyre inspires a lot of confidence, has good handling, precise steering response and short stopping distances. The sidewall is strong but not as stiff compared to the T1R

The Ultra Vorti is similar to the Ultrac Sessanta and Bridgestone Adrenalin RE002 tyres. I cannot comment on the wet grip performance at this time but I am confident these tyres are decent in the wet.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 12, 2018
Given 85% while driving a BMW 320i Msport (255/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
My brother used to swear by the older Sessanta on his car so I thought I'd give these newer Vorti a try. I used these on a rear wheel drive car. The side wall looks good, offers lip protection and is not rounded like some other brands. I only had them on the car for 8 months then sold my wheels with the tyres on. After 8 months and about 7000 miles they still had 6-7mm on them so wear rate looks very good. I can't fault them. I never lost traction in both the wet and dry. I put Goodyear on my new wheels and the Goodyear give a smoother, quieter and more comfortable ride. The Goodyear aren't expensive so I prefer them but if the Vredestein come up at a good price in future I would consider them again.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 3, 2018